For good reason, video marketing has become an integral aspect of every digital marketing plan. In 2021, India’s video consumption alone amounted to roughly 220 billion minutes of viewing time.
And with Covid -19 affecting millions of people’s lives and forcing them to stay home. This has resulted in a rise in the consumption of video and other forms of online content.
So, to better understand the influence and significance of video marketing, let’s look at some video marketing statistics.
But, before we go any further, let’s have a look at what video marketing entails.
What is Video Marketing?
The use of video to market or promote your brand or business via digital media is referred to as video marketing.
In simple terms, video marketing is when you use video to sell your brand, product, or service, participate on social media channels, educate potential and current customers, and engage with them.
Without further ado, here are several video marketing stats for some of the most popular social media platforms:
46 Shocking Video Marketing Statistics To Know
Before we move on lets first take a look at some general video marketing statistics
- Organic traffic from SERPs has risen by 157 % thanks to video.
- The most popular videos are those that are less than 2 minutes long.
- The average CVR for video-enabled websites is 4.8 percent, compared to 2.9 percent for non-video-enabled websites.
- The click-through rate on a first email with a video increases by 96%.
- CTR can improve by 200-300 % when a video is attached to an email.
- Emails featuring videos are preferred by 54% of email subscribers.
It’s quite remarkable how powerful videos can be for a business. Let’s look at some video marketing statistics for some of the most popular social media sites.
Interesting Read: Benefits of Social Media Marketing for all Kinds of Businesses
Video Marketing Statistics on Facebook
- Every day, Facebook receives over 4 billion video views
- On a daily basis, 500 million people watch 100 million hours of video content on Facebook
- Mobile users account for 65 % of all Facebook video views
- Facebook video advertisements are 10% cheaper than slideshow or single picture ads on Facebook
- 85 % of Facebook users turn off the sound when watching videos
- On Facebook, native videos receive 478 % more shares than videos from other sources
- In 2018, Facebook accounted for 24.5 % of all video ad spending in the United States
- In under 3 seconds, a Facebook video ad generates 47 % of the total campaign value
- A 15-second video ad has a greater abandon rate than a 30-second video ad. The first three seconds of a Facebook video ad account for nearly half of all clicks
- Facebook video optimized for mobile can boost brand exposure by up to 67%
- Advertising on television is 20 times more expensive than advertising on Facebook. Furthermore, a Facebook ad reaches twice as many people as a TV one.
Check out our online Facebook & Instagram ads course if you’re a business owner, student, or employee interested in learning more about Facebook advertisements and how to use them to build your business.
And with the statistics above, it’s clear that including videos in your marketing initiatives can assist in increasing engagement and exposure.
Video Marketing Statistics on YouTube
- YouTube is used by around a quarter of the world’s population, with over 2 billion monthly active users
- YouTube is the world’s second-most-visited site
- The United States accounts for 16.5 % of YouTube’s web traffic
- Marketers use YouTube in 55% of situations
- YouTube is available in 80 languages and over 100 countries
- Every minute, about 500 hours of video footage is posted to YouTube
- In 2020, views on videos intended for “beginners” climbed by 50%
- Mobile devices are used to watch more than 70% of YouTube videos
- In their video marketing strategy for 2021, 89 % of video marketers plan to include YouTube
- On average, people over the age of 18 spend 41.9 minutes every day on YouTube
- The average YouTube viewer views 8.89 pages every day.
Video Marketing Statistics on Instagram
- On Instagram, 90% of users follow a company
- Year over year, the amount of time spent watching videos on Instagram has increased by 80%.
- Video also gets 21% higher interaction than photographs
- The most popular type of Instagram video content is “how-to tutorials”
- Within the first 24 hours of Instagram Video’s introduction, 5 million videos were uploaded.
- Sponsored Instagram videos to receive 3x the number of comments as sponsored Instagram photos
- Every day, at least one company profile is visited by 200 million Instagram users
- Every month, more than half of all Instagram accounts visit “Explore”
- After seeing a brand or product in Stories, 58 % of individuals say they are more interested in it
- The average completion rate for Brand Stories is 86%.
Interesting Read: Instagram v/s Snapchat – Which Tells A Better Story For Your Brand?5.2 million people watched promoted Instagram videos in the first quarter of 2017
That’s intriguing, isn’t it? Understanding how to pick the correct social media platform may help you target the right audience since social media has become an essential part of everyone’s lives.
The stats above are proof. So head on to our blog on “Tips on Choosing The Right Social Media Platform To Establish An Online Presence” to get a better understanding of how to choose the right social media platform for you.
Video Marketing Statistics on Twitter
- On Twitter, 82 % of people consume video material.
- A mobile device accounts for 90% of Twitter video views.
- From 2019 to 2020, the amount of time spent watching videos on Twitter increased by 72%.
- Every day, 2 billion videos are viewed on Twitter, representing a 67 % increase year over year.
- In comparison to 2019, the amount of time spent watching videos on Twitter grew in all categories in 2020.
- Tweets containing video receive ten times the amount of engagement as those without
- On Twitter, time spent watching ads is 26% more than on other major platforms.
These 46 video marketing statistics on various social media platforms are reason enough why you need to start video marketing. But given below are a few more reasons why video marketing should definitely be a component of your marketing plan.
Importance of Video Marketing in 2021
1. Builds Trust
Trust is the foundation of customer loyalty and sales. Video content engages people and helps to ignite emotions. Creating videos that provide consumers with interesting or informative content is a great way to build trust and possibly establish your company as an authority in your industry.
Mere words and images are not enough to convince all customers to use your product or service. However, when the same content is transferred to a video format, most people’s skepticism is erased.
Effective marketing videos can build trust and drive sales. 57% of consumers say that videos give them more confidence to purchase online and for a consumer who found your video interesting or entertaining, purchase intent will increase by 97%!
2. Drives Sales
As people begin to understand your product, get trust in your brand, and recall your services, it’s natural where they will turn to when they need to buy the product – you! In fact, 74% of users who watched an explainer video about a product, subsequently bought it.
3. Boosts SEO
YouTube is the second largest search engine (after Google) and since Google owns YouTube, YouTube videos that are linked on websites and heavily shared on social media sites drive up search results of the website. It’s also important to optimize your
Optimize YouTube videos for SEO by using relevant keywords in the titles and descriptions, and linking your website, products, and services. Videos on websites also do better on SERPs and increase the time spent by visitors on the website thus signaling to Google that the website has good content, driving the website ranking up even more.
4. Appeals to Mobile Users
Mobile browsing is ever on the rise compared to desktop, tablet, and laptop browsing. Video and mobile go hand in hand with 90% of users watching videos on their phones! Also, as the number of smartphone users increases, so will the audience for videos!
Even when it comes to video ads, smartphone viewers are twice as likely as TV viewers and 1.4 times more likely than desktop viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to the brands. They are also 1.4 times as likely to pay attention to ads or branded content on YouTube as the next highest-rated platform.
5. Provides The Best Explanation
When it comes to novel products and services, people usually need a live demo. While images and text are easier to create and showcase, they don’t work on consumers.
Videos can provide the best explanation for your products and brand offerings. Short, explainer videos have huge conversion rates compared to mere product descriptions but are important to keep the video content crisp and easy to understand; the actual quality of the video is then secondary.
Whether you’re filming in real life, or creating animated videos, both work great on audiences!
Not only do people love watching videos, but even social media platforms also love showing them! They’re developing algorithms that push video content more as compared to static content. As people like to watch videos on social media, they also love sharing them as compared to boring, static posts.
However, with social media videos, it’s important to create videos that are either entertaining, emotional, informative about a generic topic (in a fun way) only then would users want to share the video with their social circles.
7. Boosts Awareness and Retention
Video marketing has an impact on a brand’s revenues as well as its brand awareness, resulting in increased brand equity. Furthermore, after video marketing, the product or brand’s retention rate improves dramatically.
Humans are very visual creatures. Because vision is our most dominant sense, the majority of information sent to our brains is visual. It’s no surprise, then, that visual forms of communication captivate us and that video is the future of online marketing!
Our quick look at video marketing data for the most major social media platforms comes to an end.
The data above shows how video has expanded considerably as a medium of entertainment over the last few decades.
Promoting your video content has never been easier or more affordable than it is now, thanks to digital marketing. Promoting your films is simple with the many social media platforms and websites accessible.
If you would like to learn more about how this is achievable, then you can enroll in our 3-month online digital marketing course. The course is taught by industry professionals and will equip you with the knowledge you need to implement and develop effective video marketing campaigns.
If you want to know more about what we at IIDE have to offer, you can connect with us at [email protected].
Video marketing efforts have grown more essential than ever, which is why we recommend that you focus on video marketing if you haven’t already.
We thank you for taking the time to read our blog. If we have missed out on any statistics, please comment below and let us know.