Previously we looked at the elaborated SWOT analysis of Kesoram Industries, One Of The Pioneer Companies In India. Now, let us hop over and look at the elaborated SWOT Analysis of Patel Engineering.
Patel Engineering is one of the companies that is achieving global values in construction services. Patel Engineering was founded in 1949. They are identified as a leader in the construction industry just because of their new working methodology and fresh approach to using technology and delivery systems.
Another aspect that has made Patel Engineering a giant today is marketing. Marketing changes as the world goes online, and when you want to stay up to date – check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
Want to see how Patel Engineering has succeeded in the construction industry? In this blog, you will learn about the SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering. Before we get started, learn more about the Patel Engineering company, how it was established, its products, financial position, and its competitors.
About Patel Engineering
Founded in 1949, Patel Engineering is one of the major infrastructure & construction companies. It had completed 250 projects including the construction of dams, tunnels, micro-tunnels, powerhouses, irrigation projects, highways, roads, bridges, railway tunnels, and refineries to real estate and township.
Over six decades of excellence, Patel Engineering has carved a niche for itself in the industry. The company uses cutting-edge technologies to deliver reliable solutions to its clients’ most complex construction challenges.
|Founder||Mr Rupen Patel|
|No. of Employees||5,000+|
|Market Cap||Rs 1,313.09 Crore (2022)|
|Annual Revenue||Rs 1,862.43 Crore (2021)|
|Net Income/ Profit||Rs 138.40 Crore (2021)|
Products & Services by Patel Engineering
- Assets Ownership
- Real Estate
- Technology and Innovation
- Lake Tapping
- Micro Tunneling
Competitors of Patel Engineering
- KNR Construct
- PNC Infratech
- Ashoka Buildcon
- Man Industry
- Sadbhav Engg
As now we have a better understanding of Patel Engineering, let’s look into the SWOT Analysis of Patel Engineering.
SWOT Analysis of Patel Engineering
A SWOT analysis identifies a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. A proven and true management paradigm that allows Patel Engineering to compare its business and performance with competitors and the industry as a whole.
So let us go ahead and first have a glance at the strengths of Patel Engineering from the SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering.
Strengths of Patel Engineering
Your organisation’s strength is something that makes it stand out from the rest. It can be a competitive advantage that sets it apart from its competitors. Some of the strengths of Patel Engineering are as follows –
- Strong Free Cash Flow: There is a strong free cash flow that puts resources into the hands of the company to expand into new projects.
- Good ROI: It is relatively successful in new projects and provides a high return on capital expenditures through the creation of new revenue streams.
- Strong Brand Portfolio: Over the years Patel Engineering has invested in building a strong brand portfolio. This brand portfolio can be very useful if an organisation wants to expand into new product categories.
- Outstanding Performance in New Markets: Patel Engineering has accumulated experience to enter new markets and achieve success. The expansion has helped organisations create new revenue streams and diversify business cycle risks in the markets in which they operate.
- Highly Skilled Labour: Highly skilled workforce through successful education and training programs. By investing enormous resources in the training and development of Patel Engineering employees, they not only create highly qualified employees but also motivate them to achieve more.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: A track record of successfully integrating additional companies through mergers and acquisitions. Over the past few years, he has successfully integrated several technology companies to optimise operations and establish a stable supply chain.
Weaknesses of Patel Engineering
Strategy is all about choices and weaknesses are areas where companies can improve through SWOT analysis and leverage their competitive advantage and strategic positioning.
- More Investment is Needed in New Technologies: Given the scale of the expansion and the multiple geographic regions in which the company will expand, Patel Engineering’s overall integrating processes require more money to be invested in technology. Current investments in technology are not aligned with the company’s vision.
- Financial Planning is Not Being Performed Properly and Efficiently: The liquid asset ratio and liquidity ratio indicate that a company can use its cash more efficiently than it currently is.
- High Labour Outflow: With higher dropout rates compared to other organisations in the industry, Patel Engineering, and have to spend significantly more on employee training and development than its competitors.
- Not Very Successful in Integrating Companies with Different Work Cultures: As mentioned earlier, Patel Engineering is successful at integrating small companies. It has its share of failures to merge firms that have different work cultures.
- High Competition: The daily stock is high compared to its competitors, so the company has to raise more capital to invest in the channel. This could affect the long-term growth of Patel Engineering.
- Product Marketing: Although the product is successful in terms of sales, its positioning and unique selling proposition are not clearly defined, making it vulnerable to attack from competitors in this sector.
Opportunities for Patel Engineering
Opportunities are potential areas for companies to focus on to improve results, increase sales, and ultimately profit.
- New Environmental Policy: New opportunities will create a level playing field for everyone in the industry. This is a great opportunity for Patel Engineering, Inc. to realise the benefits of new technologies and gain market share in new product categories.
- New Taxation Policy: New tax policies can have a significant impact on the way Patel Engineering does business and open up new opportunities for them to increase its profitability.
- Open New Markets Through Government Agreements: New technology standards and government free trade agreements provided to Patel Engineering open up opportunities for Patel Engineering to enter newly developed markets.
- New Customers Through Online Channels: The company has invested huge amounts of money in its online platform over the past few years. This investment opened up a new sales channel for Patel Engineering. Over the next few years, companies will be able to seize this opportunity by better understanding their customers and meeting their needs through big data analytics.
- Economic Recovery: Economic recovery and rising consumer spending after years of recession and slow industrial growth are opportunities for Patel Engineering to attract new customers and increase market share.
Threats to Patel Engineering
Threats are environmental factors that can harm a company’s development. Here are some of Patel Engineering’s threats:
- Legal Actions: The company may face legal action in other markets given the continuing fluctuations in different laws and product standards in those markets.
- Fierce Competition: Strong profitability has increased the number of players in the industry over the past two years, putting downward pressure on overall revenue as well as profitability.
- Liability Laws: Vary from country to country Patel Engineering may face a variety of liability claims as a result of these market policy changes.
- Quantitative Increases in Commodities: This could jeopardise Patel Engineering’s profitability. A shortage of skilled labour in certain global markets threatens Patel Engineering’s continued earnings growth in the market.
- Operates Globally: Because the company operates in many countries, it is exposed to currency fluctuations, especially given the unstable political environment in many markets around the world. This may face some challenges in the market and may result in some losses as well.
This ends our elaborative SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering. Let us conclude our learning below.
Patel Engineering is a well-known construction company with significant global positions. During the SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering, we found that the company is highly dependent and enjoys strong brand awareness and trust from its customers. It has a solid logistic base and covers all markets it serves, but suffers from more active research and development from an increasing number of manufacturers and competitors in the same space.
But being such a huge brand across multiple countries, Patel Engineering should continue to innovate and develop more products and launch them in the market with the best possible marketing strategies.
Especially digital marketing which is vital in today’s growing and expanding world, to get better results and to remain competitive in the market. If you don’t have any idea of what digital marketing is or want to learn more about it and upgrade yourself, here is IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Patel Engineering in the comments section below.