Wipro is an Indian Multinational Corporation Corporation that provides information technology, consultancy, and business process services.
It was established years ago, ushering its growth in the industry. It has well-recognized performances in the industry.
In the Wipro case study, we take a deeper look into the company and gain insights into its marketing by way of its marketing mix, swot analysis, competitors, and social media presence
Wipro Limited is also known as Western Indian Products Limited which is a global service provider delivering information technology and business services. It was founded by Mohamed Premji in 1945. The company’s headquarters are located in Bangalore, India.
It is presently ranked among the top 100 technology companies in the world.
Let us now look at the case study in more detail to understand about Wipro’s marketing strategies.
Marketing Mix of Wipro
Marketing Mix is the set of actions that a company follows to promote its brand or product. The firm uses such tactics to pursue its objectives in the target market. Let us have a deeper understanding of Wipro’s marketing mix.
It is a well-recognized company which provides you with the best products and thus gives solutions in the IT industry. Being one of the largest conglomerates it has several products ranging from automobile, consumer goods, retail, professional service, product engineering, and many more. The product of includes as follows
- Business Process – Product Engineering
- Service Offerings – Consulting and analytics
- Applications – Infrastructure service
- Data – Cybersecurity & Mobility
- Hardware products include security, networking, computing.
- Related Software products which include database and integration.
- Strategy – Organisation design, digital fitness
- Customer Journey engineering
- Design – User research, experience, product design, innovation strategy, etc
- Retail industry
- Oil and gas
- Medical devices
- Pharmaceutical & life sciences
- Automobile industry
- Consumer electronics etc
These were the different sectors of products that Wipro offers.
Its pricing policy is widespread and diversified as its product portfolio. It targets big enterprises from international and domestic which require IT services and solutions. They have positioned themselves as the company that offers a wide range of services with high-quality products. The company adopts a competitive pricing strategy that is dependent on several factors. It mainly offers prices lower than its competitors which helps them stand out in the market.
The company operates its headquarters in Bangalore. It is also incorporated in Maharashtra from where it reaches its international market. The products related to FMCG are easily available at retail stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, and supermarkets as they have a strong powerful distribution that includes both urban and rural markets. The offices are majorly located in cities to operate quickly. They can handle their dealings from anywhere in the world.
Following is the promotional strategy of the company.
They spend a lot of revenue on promotional activities to stay ahead of their competitors. The promotion strategy primarily includes television, billboards, radio, magazine, and advertisements for consumer durable goods.
They advertise heavily on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and its website. It also takes part in various CSR activities to create brand visibility.
- Wipro focuses on buyers and employees.
- Have the best of their expertise in the IT industry.
- Recruits from top engineering, management universities.
- They hire top human resource consultancy services.
- Has a combination of expertise and experience to satisfy their clients
- Guarantees free services to staffs and clients
- They make sure while using their service the customer doesn’t face any issues.
- Maintain high standards and ensure a clear process.
- Major Selective Economic zones across India
- Collaboration with various organizations across the globe
- Primary focus on urban cities and metropolitan cities
Wipro has a withstanding Digital presence for us to explore. Let’s understand it’s digital presence.
Digital Media Presence
A digital presence simply refers to how your business appears online and how you manage your brand on various social media platforms. Following is the social media presence of Wipro on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, and Twitter.
From the above images, we see the company profile on various social media platforms has a huge presence and thus has a strong base in the market.
The brand faces a lot of competition, hence let’s look at it’s competitors below.
Competitors Analysis of Wipro
The major competitors for Wipro are:
- HCL Enterprise (Hindustan Computer Limited)
- Sify Technologies
- NTT Data (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation)
- IBM (International Business Machines Corporation)
- Tata Consultancy
- Tech Mahindra
- HCL Technologies
As we see Wipro has major competition in all segments of the market and thus they boost their market share they come up with various marketing strategies to lead.
Now let us have a look at their SWOT analysis.
SWOT Analysis of Wipro
- Diversifies product offerings
- Early strategic alliances & boosted credibility.
- Multi domestic market philosophy
- Stronger dealer community
- Well established infrastructure
- Low-price benefits and high-quality standards
- Wide range of developmental services, and one of the top IT Companies.
- A small player in the global market.
- Investment in research & development is below the fastest growing operations.
- Not a proactive company.
- Low operating margin of other companies
- New company strategy leads to greater profits.
- Expand from pure tech to a broad-based vendor that solves business problems.
- Diversify brand products and consultancy service.
- Huge global market and domestic market.
- Rising exports from the industry.
- New varieties of products.
- Huge competition from its rivals
- New entrants
- The increasing cost of human capital
- Rising raw materials
- No regular supply of innovative products
- Shortage of skilled workforce
Wipro has grown immensely and has also received some great opportunities in the market. They should be consistent in their work to overcome threats.
Wipro is undoubtedly the leading company in IT technology and has grown immensely over the last few years. The company gives importance to its customers and employees to ensure better services and quality products. Moreover, they have a huge presence on all social media platforms which helps them create strong brand awareness in the market. The company is constantly developing and evolving. Although it really needs to be more active and innovative to beat its competition in the market.
Learn how to promote your own brand through such social media practices with us. IIDE offers its Digital Marketing MasterClass for free every week to upskill yourself digitally.
Thank you for your time. If you found this case study useful do share it with your friends! Also, let us know your thoughts about this case study in the comment section below.