Social media marketing strategies in digital marketing are very crucial when it comes to any kind of business today. Social media needs much more than likes, comments and shares as it needs a proper strategy for sustainable communication and to build a good brand image.
In this blog, you’ll find Social Media Marketing Strategies for:
In addition, we have also included:
So let’s get started.
A social media strategy or plan is like a blueprint or a detailed summary of what your social media goals are and how you are going to achieve them.
A well-thought-through plan will enable you to increase conversions and drive traffic to your website as well. There are many social media marketing plans. One should do their research before picking one.
If you’re fairly new to this field, take up IIDE’s Online social media marketing course taught by industry experts and leaders!
Social Media Marketing Strategies For Small And Large Businesses
In today’s world, only having a social media page without any direction is almost pointless. Let’s have a look at how you can leverage social media by having a strategy in place for both, small and large businesses
There are many social media marketing strategies templates available out there for small businesses. You can pick and choose the right tactics to help your business grow. Let’s have a look at some of the most effective social media strategies –
1. Set objectives
The first step is to set clear goals. What is it that you’re trying to achieve? Some common goals include, increase in conversions, brand visibility, etc.
2. Start with a plan
Once you’ve identified your goals and objectives, the next step is to come up with a brief plan.
3. Competitor research
Competitor research is what your competitors are doing. How are they getting it right? You will get a good sense of what people are doing and how you can apply it to your own strategy.
4. Social media audit
If you already have a social media page, identify what kind of content is working for you and what isn’t. Know more about how to conduct a content audit.
You can do so through web analytics like Google analytics. If you’re new to web analytics, check out this online Google Analytics course.
5. Social media calendar
The next step is to create a social media calendar. A content calendar will give you direction as well and help Identify any special days.
6. Use influencer marketing
Influencer marketing is a great way to spread the word about your small business to increase visibility and credibility.
7. Know who your audience is
Understand who your target audience is and what they are looking for. You can understand this better through social media analytics.
8. Expand your audience
Once you’ve identified who your target audience is, start looking for ways to expand it to further reach a bigger audience.
9. Get networking
Reach out to bigger businesses or other entrepreneurs in related fields for collaborations.
10. Online reputation management
Online reputation management is very important. How the brand is perceived by the audience can make or break your small business.
11. Use chatbots
Artificial intelligence has made tremendous contributions to digital marketing. The chatbot is here to stay. It can communicate and resolve consumer problems with ease.
Read more on artificial intelligence and digital marketing.
12. Create a personalized experience
Send out personalized communication to your customers. Email marketing is a great digital marketing channel to do so. Check this course on email marketing out to know more.
13. Quality Content
Your content needs to be relatable, impactful and have a very strong connection with the audience. It is important to have authentic content as well.
14. Invest in SEO
SEO is a very important factor in digital marketing. You need to be able to attract an organic audience and it also contributes to brand credibility.
Must Read – How to do keyword research
15. Create a community
It is very important to create a community with your followers. This will give your brand a humanistic approach. Engage with them, ask them questions to understand their views on different matters, like and comment on their pictures instead of them like yours. Make sure this is done in a nice way – do not impose on their privacy.
16. Hold live sessions
Holding live sessions engages the audience. Invite industry-relevant guest speakers and opinion leaders to attract a large audience.
These were the top 16 generic social media marketing strategies that every marketer must know. Moving on, we have curated some social media marketing strategies ideas for specific professions.
Read on to find out some ideas for your niche.
Social Media Marketing Strategies For Doctors
Here’s a list of some good social media strategies for doctors –
- Identify your target audience – Understand your audience demographics. Their age, what are they interested in knowing about in the healthcare sector, etc. Your best source of information is your patients. Talk to them about it and if they seem inquisitive, ask them to follow your account.
- Content is key – Create content that is relevant to your target audience. Publish regularly. It’ll help build a relation with your followers.
- Pick the right platforms – Understand which platform is more popular amongst your target audience.
- Useful information – Share useful information, tips, and things that are interesting enough to be shared.
- Keep it short – Keep your content short and not too long. Keep it pictorial as well if possible and communicate through the visual.
- Do not overdo it – Link your contact number in your profile. Do not sell your services in every post as it is a huge social media put-off.
- SEO – Add SEO keywords to your content to make it SEO rich. You can also add a blog to your website and boost your SEO.
- Cross-promote – Cross-promote your communication on different channels such as add your blog link to your social media.
Social Media Marketing Strategies For Ecommerce Stores
We’ve listed some of the best social media marketing strategies for E-commerce stores out there –
- Display brand personality – Social media is a great way to display your brand personality. Is your brand luxurious? Is it fun and playful? You can accordingly create content and visuals that convey your brand personality to your target audience.
- Collaborate with brands – Brand collaborations boost visibility as their followers are also exposed to your brand. If the brand is trusted and well-known it is a big win.
- Influencer marketing – Since most Gen Zers and millennials use social media to seek information, reach out to an influencer to form a connection with them. Read more about how to connect with Gen Z here.
- Promotional Offers – Communicate promotional offers on your social media. Since it is easily sharable, people can spread the word easily.
- Short format videos – Invest in short format videos on social media. They have good engagement.
Social Media Marketing Strategies For Healthcare
Turning to social media is a great way for the healthcare industry to stay connected with its patients and other related industries. Here are some top social media strategies for the healthcare sector –
- Include common queries – Include common queries in your communication. These could be related to any ailment. Ask expert doctors to answer these questions.
- Provide health information – Provide valuable health information in a simple manner, in layman’s terms. Do not complicate it.
- Create trends – Create health trends. Break the stigma attached to many ailments. For example, Cipla’s Breathe Free campaign is an example of how they tried to normalize and break the stigma attached to asthma leveraging social media.
- Include CSR – Cover any kind of CSR activities done in your social media. This will add positively to your brand image.
- SEO – Add SEO keywords to your social media as well. Include more searched keywords and phrases in your communication, hashtags, profile information, etc.
Social Media Marketing Strategies For Restaurants
Here is a list of some new social media marketing strategies for restaurants we thought you’d like to have a look at –
- Perfect your website – It is very important to keep updating your website. One should be able to easily navigate it. It also needs to be mobile responsive as more than 50% of users use their smartphones for information. Check this online WordPress course out to know how to make a website.
- Focus on SEO – Invest in local SEO. This will help people know about your restaurant locally and internationally as well. For example, if your restaurant serves Italian food in Mumbai, focus on long-tail keywords like Italian restaurants in Mumbai. So when a person looks for Italian food in Mumbai, your restaurant will show up.
- Increase Followers – Focus on increasing the number of followers. Post regularly and post good content.
- UGC content – User-generated content is a big hit when it comes to restaurants. Request your customers to share their experience and post it on your page with their permission. Reviews are a great way of building your brand.
- Visually appealing content – Your images need to look very appealing. Write catchy captions as well. Invest in a good photographer to take good images of the ambience and the food.
- Increase engagement – Increase engagement through competitions, free giveaways like dinner nights, and live sessions.
Social Media Marketing Strategies For B2B
Here’s a list of top social media marketing strategies for a B2B business –
- Paid media to target buyers – Use paid media to target potential buyers. See how you can use Google Ads for this here.
- Influencer marketing – Leverage influencers relevant to your industry to spread the word. If your industry has a niche and is very tight-knit, even better.
- Focus on conversions – Your communication needs to be more focused on conversions and all about the consumer buying stages.
- Focus on customer support – Be quick in answering queries and any concerns. Online reputation management is key. Check this short online reputation management course out to know how to go about it.
- Follow trends – If there is a trend in your industry, be quick to leverage it.
Famous Social Media Marketing Strategies Examples
We have listed some interesting social media marketing strategy examples below –
- Netflix India
Netflix has a unique way of using memes for its social media. The content is fun, engaging, and appealing to its target audience. The engagement is always high and since it is relatable, timely, and relevant it is consumed easily.
Sabyasachi, an Indian luxury designer label is a great example of good social media marketing. Every time there is a new launch, the designer label creates hype through influencers and opinion leaders. The brand makes every new launch feel like a story appealing to the audience’s aspirational factor.
Zomato’s social media marketing comprises contests and high audience engagement. Their social media strategy makes the best use of moment marketing.
- Durex India
Durex India’s content has always been smart and witty. As they say, content is king. They have included various sexual innuendos in their marketing strategy, whilst also keeping it subtle and not out there.
If you found this interesting, check these top case studies out as well!
Template for Social Media Marketing Strategies
Here’s a standardized template for social media marketing strategies that you can refer to-
- Identify your goals
First and foremost, identify what is it that you want to achieve through your social media strategy. Your goals need to be specific and measurable.
- Identify your target audience
The next step is to identify who your audience is, what are their likes and preferences so that you can tailor your message accordingly.
- Understand your competitors
See what is working best for your competitors. This will give you ample direction.
- Conduct an audit
If you already have a page up and running, conduct a social media audit. List what is working and not working through web analytics.
- Create a calendar
Make sure you have a content bank for at least 2 weeks ready. Find out what is the best time to post.
- Set up
Once you know which platforms you wish to go ahead with and go live!
- Be Consistent
It is easy to slack once you go live. Publish content regularly.
- Evaluate Your Strategy
Is your content working for you? Evaluate through social media metrics.
Q. What are the five most effective social media marketing strategies?
The five most effective social media marketing strategies are –
- Using chatbots
- Personalized communication
- Influencer marketing
- Create a community of your audience
- Live sessions
Q. What is the most powerful social media marketing strategy?
The most powerful social media marketing strategy is remarketing or retargeting. It reminds a user who has shown interest in your product or service to make a purchase or conversion. It also helps with brand visibility.
We really hope you enjoyed reading our blog. Tell us in the comments below which strategy worked the best for you!
If you’re looking for a comprehensive digital marketing course, this 3-month online digital marketing course is a good option. if you’re a professional seeking a more detailed course, then this 11-month MBA-level online digital marketing course is a good option.