Email marketing tools are accelerators that help digital marketers reach out to a larger audience, with niche targeting in just a few hours with automated processes. In this blog, we discuss the top email marketing tools in 2023 that will help you kickstart your email marketing campaigns without any confusion!
But before that, let’s understand what is email marketing!
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is the practice of sending emails to a group of people with a particular message with the aim of educating them, making them aware of an issue or yours, incentivizing them to make a purchase, or simply engaging them. It is a form of direct marketing technique.
Emails have the ability to keep customers aware of your brand and also remind them that your brand cares for them. This can boost engagement with customers and also spread brand awareness.
According to a survey, more than 68% of people check their phones at least thrice a day using a mobile device. Digital marketers have realized the importance of email marketing and have been investing their efforts in it.
Here’s a video that will explain the essentials of email marketing in detail-
With many segmented groups to target, email marketing tools have become a boon to the digital marketing industry.
Read on to know more about some of the best email marketing tools in India and the importance of these tools.
What are the Top 10 Email Marketing Tools in 2023?
We have put together a list of the top 10 email marketing tools, both free and paid –
|Email Marketing Tools||Best Known For|
|Hubspot||Automated personalized emails|
|Mailchimp||Preset email templates|
|Benchmark||Drag & drop builder|
|SendPulse||Segmentation of the contact list according to their customer journey|
|Moosend||Powerful tracking analytics|
|SendinBlue||Setting up transactional emails|
|Sender||Setting up responsive emails without any broken chain|
|Omnisend||Combining push notifications and SMS with email marketing|
|Zoho Campaigns||Content path tracing throughout the nurturing journey|
Founded in 2006, Hubspot is one of the best marketing software for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. When it comes to email marketing, HubSpot offers free email marketing tools for startups and small businesses. Precisely, these free features help businesses increase their open and click-through rates for their email marketing campaigns without needing any designer or developer.
You can even integrate Hubspot’s CRM software with email marketing tools to build trustable contact lists and track a lead’s journey from awareness to action.
Hubspot is one of those email marketing tools that offer a freemium model. It helps companies build email campaigns and help in the growth of the business by offering up to 2,000 emails free of charge per month along with unlimited access to their database. Their paid plans start from INR 3,581 per month.
When the three founders of MailChimp launched this popular email marketing tool, little did they know that in another few years, it is going to leverage the email marketing service globally.
Mailchimp is undoubtedly one of the best free email marketing tools in the business. It is known for its user-friendly interface. The key features that are offered by Mailchimp to their users are-
- List segmentation
- Content suggestion
- Customized purchase paths
- Auto scheduling emails
- Sending transactional emails
- Preset email themes and templates
The templates they have to offer are very responsive. With the free plan, you can send 12,000 emails every month and store up to 2,000 contacts per month. The paid plans range from INR 710 to INR 14,500 per month.
Mailjet is a French email marketing platform introduced in 2010. It t is an email marketing tool that can do more than just send and monitor emails seamlessly. Their USP is sending marketing and transactional emails without any need for code.
Mailjet’s drag and drop feature along with collaboration tools are worth a try. Also, Mailjet helps you verify the emails in your list so that you can know which ones are valid or invalid before scheduling a campaign.
You can send out 6,000 emails per month and also has an email editor and advanced reporting software to offer. Their paid plan starts from INR 500.
Benchmark is an email marketing software that also offers automated email replies and email previews for desktops and mobile phones. It is free of cost and has pre-designed templates for responsive emails.
Named amongst the top 20 B2B technologies to try in 2017, Benchmark specializes in their email automation service creating an easier path for businesses to set up their email marketing campaigns.
The free plan offers 14,000 emails for 2,000 subscribers per month and the premium plans range from INR 1,500 – 3,45,000 per month.
By using Artificial Intelligence, Sendpulse has helped many businesses conduct highly converting email marketing campaigns. One of the best email marketing tools in the industry, SendPulse is known for pushing out bulk emails. SendPulse offers the following features to its brands-
- A/B Testing
- Push Web Notifications
- Click heatmaps for reporting
- 100 ready-made email templates
SendPulse also helps you resend a marketing email with a different subject line to those who have received the email but not opened it.
This way you can retarget and improve your open rate and click-through rate.
The free plan has 15,000 emails to about 2,500 subscribers to offer. The paid plan starts at INR 700 per month.
Moosend pride itself on being the easiest email marketing and automation software. Its advanced UI, drag-and-drop email editor plus A/B Testing features help businesses ease their process of creating email marketing campaigns.
Vogue, Ogilvy, Domino’s Gucci, and TedX are some of the high-end clients who use Moosend for their email marketing needs.
From ‘Cart Abandonment’ emails to ‘Thank You’ or ‘Forget Item’ emails, Moosend tracks the customer’s journey and offers a high conversion rate.
Its free version has 1,000 subscribers with unlimited emails, customization, email tracking, analytics, and more.
The paid plan starts at INR 716 for every 1,000 additional subscribers.
If you want to increasingly personalize a marketing email, SendInBlue is the perfect tool for you. SendInBlue is one of the best email marketing tools with features such as SMS, auto-responders, CRM, retargeting ads, and transactional emails.
You can use further plugins of SendInBlue on platforms such as Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce, etc to integrate your e-commerce store or website with your email marketing campaigns.
Its free plan provides 9,000 emails per month with a limit of 300 subscribers daily.
Their paid plan starts at INR 1,790 with 40,000 emails per month.
If 1,00,000+ companies use Sender as one of their email marketing tools, you can use it too. Sender is believed to be perfect for eCommerce businesses that see an increase in revenue by targeting audiences with cart abandonment. Other top features of Sender are-
- Drag and drop builder
- Responsive emails uniform for all devices, browsers, and clients
- Free templates
- Custom HTML editor
Sender is a simple marketing tool that allows 2,500 subscribers with 15,000 emails per month with Sender’s watermark. It provides marketing automation, push notifications, and free templates. Their paid plan offers unlimited subscribers for INR 710 per month.
Another hero in the popular email marketing tools for eCommerce is Omnisend. Because of its ease of use, setup, and customer support, users have rated it highly.
Omnisend has a common interface and can integrate multiple platforms and offers the following features:
- Advanced reporting for campaigns
- A/B testing
- Audience segmentation
- Building fast, quick, and easy shoppable emails with dynamic content blocks
It is powered by AI and also offers preset email templates. The free plan offers 15,000 emails a month. The paid plans range from INR 1150 – INR 14,000.
10. Zoho Campaigns
Established in 1996, Zoho Corporation is an Indian multinational tech company that offers web-based tools. Zoho Campaigns is their email marketing tool that is considered the best for SMEs.
It helps companies create, push and track emails. You can run personalized email campaigns. It can be integrated with other Zoho applications such as Zoho CRM.
You can use polls, surveys, GIFs, images, videos, reply tracking, and other interactive elements for your email marketing campaigns.
A unique feature of Zoho Campaigns is their Send-Time optimization which sends emails at a user’s optimal open time instead of auto-scheduling all user’s emails at once.
Zoho Campaigns also helps businesses build trust and become less likely to hit the spam folder by not overwhelming the audience with a lot of promotional emails at once.
The free plan it offers has 12,000 emails per month to 2,000 subscribers. The paid plans range from INR 430 to INR 25,000.
We recommend that you pursue this short online email marketing course to understand the tools better.
How Do Email Marketing Tools Help Businesses?
We have listed a few reasons why email marketing tools are beneficial for businesses –
- Effective Segmentation- Email segmentation is very important as it increases your chance of higher conversions. With the help of email marketing tools, you can align your content with a subset’s needs with exactly what they need.
- Design Better Campaigns- Well-designed and well-thought emails with catchy subject lines have higher conversion rates. This helps brands engage with their customers in real-time. Many email marketing tools have pre-designed templates and copy suggestions to offer.
- Measure Campaign Performance Easily- With email marketing tools, it is easy to measure campaign metrics such as bounce rate, open rate, conversions, etc. These insights are helpful for future campaigns.
- Affordability- These email marketing tools help with reaching more audiences in less time and at the same time are extremely affordable. Most of them offer a trial period so that you can understand which features work best for your brand.
- Automated Campaigns- These email marketing tools are very important as they reduce the amount of time invested in creating campaigns, which means that you can use your time on other important tasks. Custom email databases and workflows can cut out the additional time taken to send out emails.
- Optimization through Artificial Intelligence- Many email marketing tools have AI-powered systems that send out emails at the right time. This means that the user gets the email he is most likely to open. If this interests you, check out how the importance of artificial intelligence for digital marketing.
- Improving Sales- Over 59% of digital marketers have said that they were satisfied with the ROI they received from investing in digital marketing tools as it improved their sales and conversions.
- Testing Effectiveness- With the help of A/B testing in email marketing, you can test the effectiveness of the campaign. You can test different versions of an email to test how minuscule changes can affect the results of the campaign.
It can be something small like a subject line, paragraph, or image. This will help you understand what works and does not work for your target audience.
Q. What is the best tool for email marketing?
The best tool for email marketing depends upon your objectives. Nonetheless, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Moosend, Mailerjet, SendInBlue, and Sender are among the highly-rated email marketing tools.
Q. Is email a good marketing tool?
Marketing via emails is beneficial as you can send personalized messages to your audience, improving the open rate and ultimately high conversions. Email marketing is considered one of the most preferred pathways of digital marketing alongside SEO and SMM.
Q. What are email marketing tools for digital marketing?
Some of the best email marketing tools for digital marketing include –
Q. What are the 4 types of email marketing?
The 4 types of emails in email marketing include –
- Informational emails – These are long emails with the purpose of providing the reader with information. They may not require an action to be made by the reader.
- Educational emails – These emails answer a question or help solve a problem. They are directed to a particular segment.
- Promotional emails – Promotional emails include offers and discounts to entice a reader to make a purchase.
- Lead nurturing emails – This type of email is shared for the reader to make a particular call-to-action that will eventually lead them to make a purchase.
Email marketing has been around since the inception of the internet. It is effective and has the advantage of sharing a lot of information along with calls to action in one go. Let us know how you’ve used email marketing campaigns in the past, below in the comments.
You must check out IIDE’s online digital marketing course if you want to learn more about digital marketing in sync with email marketing.
And If you’re a student looking for a course that has an MBA-level proficiency, then we recommend the MBA in Digital Marketing. Do get in touch with our team members who will be able to guide you best!
Thank You for Sharing this wonderful and much-required information in this post. Having a great collection.