Previously we looked at the elaborated SWOT analysis of Kesoram Industries, One Of The Pioneer Companies In India. Now, let us hop over and look at the elaborated SWOT Analysis of Hyatt.
Hyatt Corporation is a leading American multinational hospitality company, which is renowned in the Tourism and Hospitality sector. They have been operating since 1957, managing luxury and business hotels, resorts, and vacation properties. They have been consistent in the market for more than 60 years.
In the current scenario to sustain the high competition, good marketing strategies help the company in attaining more fame and the goodwill of people. And here is the thing Hyatt has more concentrated on and its marketing strategies helped it to become a more dominant company in the hospitality sector. If you are interested in marketing – check out our free Masterclass on digital marketing by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan shah.
Are you curious to know how Hyatt has established itself as a dominant company? In this blog, we have done a detailed SWOT analysis of Hyatt. Before we commence, let us learn more about Hyatt company, its founding, products, financial status, and competitors.
Hyatt hotels corporation, commonly known as Hyatt hotels & resorts, is an American MNC that majorly works in the hospitality and tourism sector. Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he bought the Hyatt House motel adjacent to Los Angeles international airport. In 1968 Hyatt international was formed and subsequently became a separate public company.
The Hyatt Regency is the oldest brand in the company, with the Grand Hyatt and Park Hyatt brands made known in 1980. Some of these are styled as “resort” properties and may have spas or other amusement facilities. One of the earliest was Hyatt Regency Maui in 1980.
As of 2019, the company’s portfolio includes more than 1100 properties in over 69 countries across six continents. The Company desires to care for people so they can be their best to inform its business decisions and growth strategy and is determined to allure and retain top colleagues and build relationships with guests.
|No. of Employees||130000+|
|Market Cap||$10.45 Billion (2022)|
|Annual Revenue||$2,066 Million (2020)|
|Net Income/ Profit||$766 Million (2020)|
Products & Services by Hyatt
Hyatt had been in the hospitality sector for more than 60 years and majorly it deals in:
- Luxurious Hotels
- Vacation packages
- Pre Planned function celebrations
- Tour operator
- Travel agency
Competitors of Hyatt
- Trident hotels
- Taj hotels
- Starwood hotels and resorts
- Radisson hotels
- Marriott hotels
- Hilton hotels
- Wyndham hotels
As now we have a better understanding of Hyatt, let’s look into the SWOT Analysis of Hyatt.
SWOT Analysis of Hyatt
A SWOT analysis identifies a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. A proven and true management paradigm that allows Hyatt to compare its business and performance with competitors and the industry as a whole.
So let us go ahead and first have a glance at the strengths of Hyatt from the SWOT analysis of Hyatt.
Strengths of Hyatt
Your organisation’s strength is something that makes it stand out from the rest. It can be a competitive advantage that sets it apart from its competitors. Some of the strengths of Hyatt are as follows –
- Top in Hospitality: Hyatt is recognized amongst the world’s top hospitality brands and it has maintained the position since its inception in 1957. The strength of Hyatt is powered by the belief and importance of their family and people on Hyatt.
- Brand Portfolio: Hyatt’s portfolio included more than 1,150 hotel and all-inclusive properties in 70 countries across six continents.
- Best Facilities: Hyatt offers apartment-style suites with full kitchens, living areas, and more, including a 24-hour gym, and in-house laundry. Food, beverages, spas, and other recreational facilities. Hyatt’s top-notch facilities make Hyatt what it is today.
- Highly Trained Staff: It is very important to maintain the morale of staff members. The employees here have gained professional skills and experience. The staff of Hyatt will always figure out how to entertain customers.
- Attractive Tour Packages: Hyatt provides budget packages to luxury packages catering to each traveller’s needs. Appeal to Hyatt organisation comes from the popularity Family, friends, couples, every type of package are ever ready.
- Excellent Customer Service: Hyatt offers excellent customer service and manages its customers’ basic needs at their leisure. Hyatt offers expert assistance, transparent pricing, 24×7 Concierge and it is a one-stop shop for travel enthusiasts.
- Quality & Standards: Hyatt comes under the best premium group for destination stays and it maintains hygiene standards and takes into account customer satisfaction factors as a top priority which is why most people who are planning to travel choose Hyatt hospitality among others.
Weaknesses of Hyatt
Weaknesses are those elements of your business from which you can rectify your abilities. These are the factors where a company needs to look carefully and change for the better.
- Difficulty in On-ground Operations: Developing strong on-ground operations is critical in this sector to provide a consistent experience for customers.
- Unnecessary Operation Cost: The market targets unique and extreme costs for the tour which sometimes seem to be unnecessary costs.
- Hyatt is Expensive: Although Hyatt offers great deals and offers on travel packages, somehow Hyatt is still more expensive than other hospitality partners in the market. Mid-income people who wish to travel and enjoy Hyatt hospitality are not able to do so.
- Dependence on Tourism: The hotel industry is a part of the bigger travel and hospitality industry. This dependence makes the hotel industry vulnerable.
- Labour Outflow: With higher dropout rates compared to other organisations in the industry, Hyatt, and has to spend significantly more on employee training and development than its competitors.
Opportunities for Hyatt
Opportunities are those elements that might give an organisation a competitive advantage. Opportunities are external to your company and present the possibility of profits, sales, etc.
- International Tourists: The growth rate of outsiders with higher disposable incomes is high, so Hyatt can render these types of customers by selling travel packages to increase the market.
- Continuous Innovation: Hyatt should continuously update its unique touch + tech model to deliver a better experience to travellers because positive feedback from travellers is required now to grow the Hyatt business. Hyatt is working on innovation to give a better experience to travellers.
- Full Utilisation of Internet: Utilisation of the internet to display hotels, offer visibility, presence, marketing and distribution. Showcasing affordable hotels which are an ideal option for a weekend stay will increase the bookings at Hyatt.
Bonus Tip: You can also utilise the world of the internet to grow your business and career. Well, how? It is simple, you just need to keep yourself upgraded by learning the latest digital marketing skills from trainers who are keeping themselves upgraded with the latest digital industry standards to run a business online. What’s better than learning from the experts who are sharing the current industry techniques? So, do enrol and start learning from them for your benefit…
- Business Class: There is a surge in the number of business travellers in India. This is where Hyatt can launch their business suit for entrepreneurs who are looking for luxury stay and accommodation at their respective destinations.
- Expected Growth: According to Statista, the travel and tourism market is expected to reach $637.7 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 10.47 per cent from 2022-to 2026. Hyatt should use this opportunity to grow its business.
- Hyatt Hotels Expansion: Global hospitality chain Hyatt is expecting to have 90 hotels in India by the next 5 years. This opportunity and decision will help the group to tap the country’s potential for leisure and hospitality.
Threats to Hyatt
Threats are those elements that can be harmful to your company’s growth.
- Increasing Competition: Hyatt competes in the hyper-saturated market mid-tier and faces fierce competition from other leading travel companies. Even though they have a strong presence in the industry, they are dwarfed by the revenue of their competitors.
- Customer Expectations: Due to increasing options of online travel booking, customers are more possessed to urge online budget travel packages with all the facilities at low prices. This habit of customers has affected the revenue generation of Hyatt.
- Losing Faith of Customers: Dishonest online businesses damage consumers’ confidence and faith in the entire enterprise of internet marketing.
- Safety Concerns: After a pandemic, people who stay in hotels are more likely to stay in a sanitised and safe hotel. Hyatt travel packages also include partnerships with hotels and a careless step from hotel partners will directly affect the image of Hyatt and the company could face some legal action and cases from travellers.
- Misbehaviour With Customers: Any sudden misbehaviour and informal way of talking with customers by the hotel manager or welcoming staff will affect the brand image of Hyatt. Travellers will not prefer to purchase travel packages next time from Hyatt.
- Boutique Alternatives: Cheaper and more robust hospitality services are mushrooming each day. Airbnb is the primary threat to the hotel industry, for that matter.
This ends our elaborated SWOT analysis of Hyatt. Let us conclude our learning below.
Hyatt is one of the leading companies in the hospitality and tourism sector, guided by its purpose – to care for people so they can be their best. In the SWOT analysis of Hyatt, we observed that the company has a significant global presence. As the day changes the company’s dominance has been decreasing because of improper strategy in marketing.
Also, it should work on the online reach, utilising the internet, social media campaigning, so, to cater to a wider audience on a global level hence posing stiff competition to its contemporaries.
With the growing demand for digital marketing, companies and organisations should put their efforts into winning over customers with their marketing efforts. Marketing is playing a key role in the recognition of the brand in the current scenario. With the growing trend of digital marketing, being fully skilled in it is necessary for all marketing enthusiasts.
Assuming you have an interest in learning you may check out IIDE’s Online Digital Marketing Course to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Hyatt has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Hyatt, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Hyatt in the comments section below.