Previously we looked at the elaborated SWOT analysis of Kesoram Industries, One Of The Pioneer Companies In India. Now, let us hop over and look at the elaborated SWOT Analysis of Trident Group.
Trident Group is one of the companies that is achieving global values in home textile manufacturing, by successfully diversifying into paper, chemicals, energy and more. Trident Group was founded in 1985. They are identified as a leader in the textile industry just because of their new working methodology and fresh approach to using technology and delivery systems.
Another aspect that has made Trident Group a giant today is marketing. Marketing changes as the world goes online, and when you want to stay up to date – check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
Want to see how Trident Group has succeeded in the construction industry? In this blog, you will learn about the SWOT analysis of Trident Group. Before we get started, learn more about the Trident Group company, how it was established, its products, financial position, and its competitors.
About Trident Group
A billion-dollar conglomerate – Trident Group was founded in the year 1985 when a young, first-generation entrepreneur and the founder of Trident Group – Padma Shri Rajinder Gupta started with a chemical plant in the fertile lands of Punjab.
The group started with a solo division producing high-quality yarn. However, in due span, Trident Group catapulted to become the largest manufacturer of terry towels and one of the largest integrated home textile manufacturers in the world; a feat nonpareil. Today the group manufacture a wide range of products in the categories of home textiles, stationery, paper, yarn, and chemicals.
Trident Group has 25+ plants and stores with 15+ global offices where more than 15000 employees are working strength of Trident Group. Trident Group has a customer base based in around 150+ countries. Trident Group is on the threshold of becoming the most trusted brand that takes deliberate care of its customers, employees and all stakeholders, and treats them ‘the best.’
|No. of Employees||15000+|
|Market Cap||Rs 27,952 Crore (2022)|
|Annual Revenue||Rs 1.98T Crore (2021)|
|Net Income/ Profit||Rs 211.09 Crore (2021)|
Products & Services by Trident Group
- Home textiles
- Terry Towels
Competitors of Trident Group
- Zendesk Support Suite
- NICE CXone
As now we have a better understanding of Trident Group, let’s look into the SWOT Analysis of Trident Group.
SWOT Analysis of Trident Group
A SWOT analysis identifies a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. A proven and true management paradigm that allows Trident Group to compare its business and performance with competitors and the industry as a whole.
So let us go ahead and first have a glance at the strengths of Trident Group from the SWOT analysis of Trident Group.
Strengths of Trident Group
Your organisation’s strength is something that makes it stand out from the rest. It can be a competitive advantage that sets it apart from its competitors. Some of the strengths of Trident Group are as follows –
- Strong Free Cash Flow: There is a strong free cash flow and Trident has an annual revenue of 6800+ crores that puts resources into the hands of the company to expand into new projects.
- Good ROI: It is relatively successful in new projects including trailblazing infrastructure that can scale and support growth and provides a high return on capital expenditures through the creation of new revenue streams.
- Strong Brand Portfolio: Over the years Trident Group has invested in building a strong brand portfolio and from Punjab, it has reached the homes of millions of customers across 100 countries. This brand portfolio can be very useful if an organisation wants to expand into new product categories.
- Outstanding Performance in New Markets: Trident Group has accumulated experience to enter new markets and achieve success. The expansion has helped organisations create new revenue streams and diversify business cycle risks in the markets in which they operate.
- Highly Skilled Labour: Highly skilled workforce through successful education and training programs. By investing enormous resources in the training and development of Trident Group employees, they not only create highly qualified employees but also motivate them to achieve more.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: A track record of successfully integrating additional companies through mergers and acquisitions. Over the past few years, he has successfully integrated several technology companies to optimise operations and establish a stable supply chain.
Weaknesses of Trident Group
Strategy is all about choices and weaknesses are areas where companies can improve through SWOT analysis and leverage their competitive advantage and strategic positioning.
- More Investment is Needed in New Technologies: Given the scale of the expansion and the multiple geographic regions in which the company will expand, Trident Group’s overall integrating processes require more money to be invested in technology. Current investments in technology are not aligned with the company’s vision.
- Financial Planning is Not Being Performed Properly and Efficiently: The liquid asset ratio and liquidity ratio indicate that a company can use its cash more efficiently than it currently is.
- High Labour Outflow: With higher dropout rates compared to other organisations in the industry, Trident Group, and have to spend significantly more on employee training and development than its competitors.
- Not Very Successful in Integrating Companies with Different Work Cultures: As mentioned earlier, Trident Group is successful at integrating small companies. It has its share of failures to merge firms that have different work cultures.
- High Competition: The daily stock is high compared to its competitors, so the company has to raise more capital to invest in the channel. This could affect the long-term growth of Trident Group.
- Product Marketing: Although the product is successful in terms of sales, its positioning and unique selling proposition are not clearly defined, making it vulnerable to attack from competitors in this sector.
Opportunities for Trident Group
Opportunities are potential areas for companies to focus on to improve results, increase sales, and ultimately profit.
- New Environmental Policy: New opportunities will create a level playing field for everyone in the industry. This is a great opportunity for Trident Group, Inc. to realise the benefits of new technologies and gain market share in new product categories.
- New Taxation Policy: New tax policies can have a significant impact on the way Trident Group does business and open up new opportunities for them to increase its profitability.
- Open New Markets Through Government Agreements: New technology standards and government free trade agreements provided to Trident Group open up opportunities for Trident Group to enter newly developed markets.
- New Customers Through Online Channels: The company has invested huge amounts of money in its online platform over the past few years. This investment opened up a new sales channel for Trident Group. Over the next few years, companies will be able to seize this opportunity by better understanding their customers and meeting their needs through big data analytics.
- Expected Growth: The household linen market is expecting outstanding growth till 2027 and this growth will immensely benefit the company in terms of revenue growth.
- Economic Recovery: Economic recovery and rising consumer spending after years of recession and slow industrial growth are opportunities for Trident Group to attract new customers and increase market share.
Threats to Trident Group
Threats are environmental factors that can harm a company’s development. Here are some of Trident Group’s threats:
- Legal Actions: The company may face legal action in other markets given the continuing fluctuations in different laws and product standards in those markets.
- Fierce Competition: Strong profitability has increased the number of players in the industry over the past two years, putting downward pressure on overall revenue as well as profitability.
- Liability Laws: Vary from country to country Trident Group may face a variety of liability claims as a result of these market policy changes.
- Quantitative Increases in Commodities: This could jeopardise Trident Group’s profitability. A shortage of skilled labour in certain global markets threatens Trident Group’s continued earnings growth in the market.
- Operates Globally: Because the company operates in many countries, it is exposed to currency fluctuations, especially given the unstable political environment in many markets around the world. This may face some challenges in the market and may result in some losses as well.
This ends our elaborative SWOT analysis of Trident Group. Let us conclude our learning below.
Trident Group is a well-known home textile company with significant global positions. During the SWOT analysis of Trident Group, we found that the company is highly dependent and enjoys strong brand awareness and trust from its customers. It has a solid logistic base and covers all markets it serves, but suffers from more active research and development from an increasing number of manufacturers and competitors in the same space.
But being such a huge brand across multiple countries, Trident Group should continue to innovate and develop more products and launch them in the market with the best possible marketing strategies.
Especially digital marketing which is vital in today’s growing and expanding world, to get better results and to remain competitive in the market. If you don’t have any idea of what digital marketing is or want to learn more about it and upgrade yourself, here is Online Digital Marketing Course to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Trident Group has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Trident Group, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Trident Group in the comments section below.