Previously we saw the Marketing Strategy of McDowell, today let’s explore the SWOT analysis of Real Fruit Juice.
Dabur, an ayurvedic pharmaceutical company, entered the fruit-based drinks market with the release of Dabur Real juices. Dabur created a name for itself in the market with its Real and Real Activ fruit juices, which are now available in nearly 16 different varieties.
The company achieved its success due to its high-quality products and proper marketing strategies. Marketing is an essential factor for the success of any company. Post-pandemic marketing took a digital shift known as digital marketing. If you want to know about digital marketing, check out Free Digital Marketing Masterclass by Karan Shah the founder and CEO of IIDE.
This blog will explore the SWOT analysis of Real Fruit Juice but before that let’s have a look at some of the facts about the company.
About Real Fruit Juice
Réal was introduced by Dabur India Limited (Dabur) in 1997. Despite increased competition, it is currently India’s most trusted brand for bottled fruit juices. According to research, it dominates the 100% juice segment with a 43.5 percent share.
Dabur Real Juice provides its customers with a choice of international and Indian flavors, including cranberry, litchi, guava, grape, mixed fruit, pineapple, tomato, mango, and orange.
It is a preservative-free packed juice that combines good nourishment and wonderful taste in a visually pleasing and hygienic box. Packaging is an important aspect of a product that can attract customers, particularly children. Dabur’s design and packaging have been updated to make it more appealing.
|Founder||S. K. Burman|
|Origin||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|No. of Employees||7,740 (2021)|
Products of Dabur Real Juice:
Real is known for its large range of exciting flavors. It has a total of 16 different flavors from exotic to international.
- Juices in different flavors
- Health Juices
Competitors of Dabur Real Juice:
The FMCG market is massive, and it is expanding all the time as new competitors and substitute products enter the market. Dabur Real Fruit Juices’ competitors include:
- Tropicana by PepsiCo
- B-Natural by ITC
- Paper Boat by Hector Beverages
- Frooti by Parle Parle Agro Private Limited
- Minute Maid by Coca-Cola
Let’s dive into the guided SWOT Analysis of Dabur Real Fruit Juices.
SWOT Analysis of Real Fruit Juice
The following SWOT analysis examines Dabur Real Fruit Juices India, which operates in the FMCG industry. Its Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats are depicted in the analysis. The SWOT analysis will provide you with a clear picture of the current business environment in which Dabur Real Fruit Juices India operates.
1. Strengths of Real Fruit Juice
A company’s strengths are positive elements, things they do well and have influence over. A company’s strengths may be what provides it an advantage over competitors in specific sectors. The following are the strengths of Dabur Real Fruit Juice.
- Large Varients– Real fruit juice comes in two varieties: Real and Real Activ (sugar-free) juice, each with 16 flavors, allowing the buyer to select according to their taste and choice.
- Dabur’s Brand Value and Image– Dabur is the most trusted brand in the world and Real benefits from being a subsidiary of this brand value. Real has an advantage in using this powerful and enormous brand image as the parent company Dabur, which has a 133-year-old brand name with a diversified product portfolio and a leading position in herbal products in the Indian market.
- Natural Fruit– The juice’s unique selling proposition is that it contains no additives and is created from real fruit combined with an equal amount of water. Real Activ contains no added sugars or tastes, as well as no preservatives or additions of any kind.
2. Weaknesses of Real Fruit Juice
A company’s weaknesses are things that can be improved or performed better and are within their control. Weaknesses are also things that put you behind competitors or prevent you from meeting goals. The following are the main weaknesses of Dabur Real Fruit Juice.
- High Pricing– Real Fruit Juice is more expensive than aerated drinks like Pepsi or Coca-Cola and so may not be preferred by all customers. Another difficulty is that such drinks are not seen as good value for money.
- High Investment in Packaging– Since real fruit juice contains no additives, preservatives, or other artificial agents, the company must invest heavily in determining packaging technologies to keep their drinks fresh and of high quality. To keep the beverage’s shelf life, it must overcome distribution channel management challenges.
- Indian Habits– Unlike the Western world, where fruit juice is consumed for breakfast, Indians have different habits. Fruit juice is something that is served to guests or is drank on occasion. This lowered the frequency of purchases.
- Acquired Taste– Dabur Real Juices are considered to have a medicinal aftertaste and lack the fresh flavor of the juice. Customers may need to become used to the taste of the juice before they can enjoy it, making it an acquired taste.
- A Low Number of Outlets– Dabur Real Fruit Juice has a large number of franchisees for order taking, but no direct company outlets.
3. Opportunities of Real Fruit Juice
Opportunities are external changes, trends, or needs that could improve a company’s or organization’s strategic position or benefit them. Let’s look at the opportunities that Dabur Real Fruit Juice is facing.
- Increase in Health Awareness -With rising health consciousness in society, it is a good sign to keep up the pace and entice customers to purchase nutritious juice prepared from the freshly extracted pulp.
- Buy-out Competitors– Dabur Real Fruit Juice is a well-established company that can acquire lesser-known brands with a smaller market share.
- The Large Market Potential for Packaged Drinks– The packaged drinks market is worth over 100 crores INR and is predicted to increase at a rate of around 18 percent per year. This is a great opportunity for a company like Dabur in India.
- Increase in Social Networking– The global population of social media users has increased. The three social media networks with the largest monthly active user increases are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Dabur may utilize social media to promote its products, engage with customers, and solicit feedback.
4. Threats of Real Fruit Juice
Threats are circumstances that can limit, harm, or put areas of a business or organization in danger. They are elements over which the corporation has no control. This part is useful when contemplating contingency plans and tactics since it informs you about the threats and allows you to prepare for them. Following are the threats that Dabur Real Fruit Juice is currently facing.
- Low Entry Barrier– The fruit industry has a low entrance barrier, and competition comes in all shapes and sizes. Small and medium-sized firms can enter and cater to the market with ease.
- Competition -As there are no entrance restrictions, competition is fierce. Tropicana, Paperboat, B natural, Minute Maid, Onjus, and Frooti are its main competitors.
- Changeable Consumer’s Taste– Consumer lifestyle changes may result in a decrease in demand for Dabur India products/services. Changes in how customers purchase and spend, as well as other altering consumer behaviors, could threaten Dabur India’s performance.
- Unstable FMCG Market– Dabur India faces a threat from the FMCG market’s slow growth and decline.
This marks the end of our deep dive in the SWOT analysis fo Real Fruit Juice. Now let us conclude our learnings.
Real Fruit Juice enjoys a great brand name and reputation in its major market, India. Their large product line caters to the thirst of many, and the increasingly health-conscious consumer base is definitely a plus for the company’s future. The increasing adoption of online methods of marketing is helping the company reach its younger target audiences and there is a lot of potential for them to be a part of the online fitness fads.
Getting the right knowledge about Digital Marketing and completing certified courses may get you a chance of working with top companies including Real Fruit Juice. IIDE offers training in certain digital skills through individual courses,i.e, Short Term Certification Courses, which helps you get up to speed in just 5 days. Check out IIDE’s short-term certification courses include courses on Social Media Marketing, Media Planning, Search Engine Optimization and more.
If you like such in-depth analysis of companies, find more such insightful case studies on our IIDE Knowledge portal.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study in the comments section below.