Previously we saw the Marketing Strategy of McDowell, today let’s explore the SWOT analysis of Real Fruit Juice.
Dabur, an ayurvedic pharmaceutical company, entered the fruit-based drinks market with the release of Dabur Real juices. Dabur created a name for itself in the market with its Real and Real Activ fruit juices, which are now available in nearly 16 different varieties.
The company achieved its success due to its high-quality products and proper marketing strategies. Marketing is an essential factor for the success of any company. Post-pandemic marketing took a digital shift known as digital marketing. If you want to know about digital marketing, check out Free Digital Marketing Masterclass by Karan Shah the founder and CEO of IIDE.
This blog will explore the SWOT analysis of Real Fruit Juice but before that let’s have a look at some of the facts about the company.
About Real Fruit Juice
Réal was introduced by Dabur India Limited (Dabur) in 1997. Despite increased competition, it is currently India’s most trusted brand for bottled fruit juices. According to research, it dominates the 100% juice segment with a 43.5 percent share.
Dabur Real Juice provides its customers with a choice of international and Indian flavors, including cranberry, litchi, guava, grape, mixed fruit, pineapple, tomato, mango, and orange.
It is a preservative-free packed juice that combines good nourishment and wonderful taste in a visually pleasing and hygienic box. Packaging is an important aspect of a product that can attract customers, particularly children. Dabur’s design and packaging have been updated to make it more appealing.
|Founder||S. K. Burman|
|Origin||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|No. of Employees||7,740 (2021)|
Products of Dabur Real Juice
Real is known for its large range of exciting flavors. It has a total of 16 different flavours from exotic to international.
- Juices in different flavors
- Health Juices
Current News About Real Fruit Juice
- Homegrown FMCG major Dabur India is looking forward to an acquisition in direct consumer space particularly in healthcare and personal care. (Aug 03, 2023)
- Dabur to increase AD and promo spends amid softening commodity prices; improving operating margins in FY24. It has sales higher than Rs.100 crore each. (04 July 2023)
Digital Marketing Strategies That Real Fruit Juice Does
Real Juice has a strong brand name and has adopted several plans to market its products:
The company has launched a 360-degree campaign to reinforce its image in the consumer market. It has some good taglines attached to the product. The ad and taglines are being displayed on television channels, radio, billboards, magazines, and kiosks.
The different types of strategies are:
- Establish Goals and Objectives: Decide what Real Juice wants to accomplish with its digital marketing initiatives. Goals could include promoting new items, boosting online sales, enhancing customer involvement, or raising brand awareness.
- Define the Ideal Customer Profiles for Real Juice Products. To effectively design marketing messaging, consider your target audience’s demographics, interests, behaviors, and pain areas.
- Website optimization: Make sure the business website is user-friendly, mobile-responsive, and SEO-optimized. Clearly describe the product and offer eye-catching graphics and simple navigation. If appropriate, implement an e-commerce platform.
- Information marketing: Produce informative and useful information on topics such as fruit juice, health advantages, recipes, and more. Make blog posts, articles, videos, and infographics available. Real Juice is now seen as a leader in the field, and SEO has improved.
- Social Media Marketing: Choose platforms (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) based on the target audience. Share visually appealing content, including product images, behind-the-scenes glimpses, user-generated content, and health-related posts. Engage with followers through comments, likes, and shares.
- Flavor variety
- Brand recognition
Interest & Hobbies
- Health concerns
- Availability of favorite flavors
- Competition from other products
Social Media Presence
Competitors of Dabur Real Juice
The FMCG market is massive, and it is expanding all the time as new competitors and substitute products enter the market. Dabur Real Fruit Juices’ competitors include:
- Tropicana– In the beverage sector, Tropicana is a well-known brand that is largely renowned for its selection of fruit juices and related goods. Since its founding in 1947, Tropicana has come to represent excellence and freshness. The brand’s distinctive orange juice is created from carefully chosen oranges and is frequently cited as having a natural and energizing flavor.
- Minute Maid– A trusted name in the industry, Minute Maid is known for its selection of fruit juices and beverages. Minute Maid, which The Coca-Cola Company acquired in 1960, has developed into one of the most well-known juice brands in the world.
- Frooti– Frooti is well-known for its distinct packaging—a rectangular Tetra Pak carton with a vibrant and playful design. This packaging choice has contributed to the brand’s visibility and ease of consumption, making it a convenient option for people on the go.
- B Natural– A well-known company with a focus on natural fruit juices and drinks is called B Natural. It provides a selection of goods without synthetic flavors or colors that are manufactured from actual fruit pulp. B Natural is renowned for its dedication to offering real and healthy beverage options.
- Paper Boat– The company is praised for creating beverages that remind people of their youth and feature classic tastes that help people reconnect with their heritage. Paper Boat offers a voyage through regional tastes and tales with flavors like Aamras, Jaljeera, and Kokum.
Let’s dive into the guided SWOT Analysis of Dabur Real Fruit Juices.
SWOT Analysis of Real Fruit Juice
The following SWOT analysis examines Dabur Real Fruit Juices India, which operates in the FMCG industry. Its Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats are depicted in the analysis. The SWOT analysis will provide you with a clear picture of the current business environment in which Dabur Real Fruit Juices India operates.
1. Strengths of Real Fruit Juice
A company’s strengths are positive elements, things they do well and have influence over. A company’s strengths may be what provide it with an advantage over competitors in specific sectors. The following are the strengths of Dabur Real Fruit Juice.
- Large Varients– Real fruit juice comes in two varieties: Real and Real Activ (sugar-free) juice, each with 16 flavors, allowing the buyer to select according to their taste and choice.
- Dabur’s Brand Value and Image– Dabur is the most trusted brand in the world and Real benefits from being a subsidiary of this brand value. Real has an advantage in using this powerful and enormous brand image as the parent company Dabur, which has a 133-year-old brand name with a diversified product portfolio and a leading position in herbal products in the Indian market.
- Natural Fruit– The juice’s unique selling proposition is that it contains no additives and is created from real fruit combined with an equal amount of water. Real Activ contains no added sugars or tastes, as well as no preservatives or additions of any kind.
2. Weaknesses of Real Fruit Juice
A company’s weaknesses are things that can be improved or performed better and are within its control. Weaknesses are also things that put you behind competitors or prevent you from meeting goals. The following are the main weaknesses of Dabur Real Fruit Juice.
- High Pricing– Real Fruit Juice is more expensive than aerated drinks like Pepsi or Coca-Cola and so may not be preferred by all customers. Another difficulty is that such drinks are not seen as good value for money.
- High Investment in Packaging– Since real fruit juice contains no additives, preservatives, or other artificial agents, the company must invest heavily in determining packaging technologies to keep its drinks fresh and of high quality. To keep the beverage’s shelf life, it must overcome distribution channel management challenges.
- Indian Habits– Unlike the Western world, where fruit juice is consumed for breakfast, Indians have different habits. Fruit juice is something that is served to guests or is drunk on occasion. This lowered the frequency of purchases.
- Acquired Taste– Dabur Real Juices are considered to have a medicinal aftertaste and lack the fresh flavor of the juice. Customers may need to become used to the taste of the juice before they can enjoy it, making it an acquired taste.
- A Low Number of Outlets– Dabur Real Fruit Juice has a large number of franchisees for order taking, but no direct company outlets.
3. Opportunities of Real Fruit Juice
Opportunities are external changes, trends, or needs that could improve a company’s or organization’s strategic position or benefit them. Let’s look at the opportunities that Dabur Real Fruit Juice is facing.
- Increase in Health Awareness -With rising health consciousness in society, it is a good sign to keep up the pace and entice customers to purchase nutritious juice prepared from freshly extracted pulp.
- Buy-out Competitors– Dabur Real Fruit Juice is a well-established company that can acquire lesser-known brands with a smaller market share.
- The Large Market Potential for Packaged Drinks– The packaged drinks market is worth over 100 crores INR and is predicted to increase at a rate of around 18 percent per year. This is a great opportunity for a company like Dabur in India.
- Increase in Social Networking– The global population of social media users has increased. The three social media networks with the largest monthly active user increases are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Dabur may utilize social media to promote its products, engage with customers, and solicit feedback.
4. Threats of Real Fruit Juice
Threats are circumstances that can limit, harm, or put areas of a business or organization in danger. They are elements over which the corporation has no control. This part is useful when contemplating contingency plans and tactics since it informs you about the threats and allows you to prepare for them. Following are the threats that Dabur Real Fruit Juice is currently facing.
- Low Entry Barrier– The fruit industry has a low entrance barrier, and competition comes in all shapes and sizes. Small and medium-sized firms can enter and cater to the market with ease.
- Competition -As there are no entrance restrictions, competition is fierce. Tropicana, Paperboat, B natural, Minute Maid, Onjus, and Frooti are its main competitors.
- Changeable Consumer’s Taste– Consumer lifestyle changes may result in a decrease in demand for Dabur India products/services. Changes in how customers purchase and spend, as well as other altering consumer behaviors, could threaten Dabur India’s performance.
- Unstable FMCG Market– Dabur India faces a threat from the FMCG market’s slow growth and decline.
This marks the end of our deep dive into the SWOT analysis for Real Fruit Juice.
The different types of campaigns that have failed according to Real are :
- Misaligned advertising: Real Juice begins a campaign aimed at consumers who are health-conscious, but the advertising only emphasizes flavor and practicality. Poor engagement and low conversion rates are the results of this misalignment between the advertising message and the values of the target audience.
- Insensitive Timing: During a time when the target audience is experiencing lockdowns or social restrictions because of a global pandemic, Real Juice executes a commercial campaign that highlights outdoor activities and gatherings. Customers become angry and upset as a result of this.
- Lack of Research: Real Juice introduces a new range of products without carrying out adequate market research. The lack of true demands or preferences met by the products results in low sales and resource waste.
- Real Juice makes a poor choice in social media management by attempting to capitalize on a popular hashtag without fully grasping its significance. The advertising is perceived as opportunistic or insensitive, which sparks criticism and harms the brand’s reputation.
- Real Juice makes unrealistic promises about the health advantages of its products and does not provide enough evidence to support these claims. When these promises are refuted, consumers feel misled, which breeds mistrust and damages brands
Suggestions For Better Campaigns
- Providing customized delivery services
- Provide discount
- Provide high quality
- By offering personalized juice
Real Fruit Juice enjoys a great brand name and reputation in its major market, India. Their large product line caters to the thirst of many, and the increasingly health-conscious consumer base is definitely a plus for the company’s future. The increasing adoption of online methods of marketing is helping the company reach its younger target audiences and there is a lot of potential for them to be a part of the online fitness fads.
Getting the right knowledge about Digital Marketing and completing certified courses may get you a chance to work with top companies including Real Fruit Juice. IIDE offers training in certain digital skills through individual courses, i.e., Short Term Certification Courses, which helps you get up to speed in just 5 days. Check out IIDE’s short-term certification courses include courses on Social Media Marketing, Media Planning, Search Engine Optimization, and more.
If you like such in-depth analysis of companies, find more such insightful case studies on our IIDE Knowledge portal. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study in the comments section below.