In our previous blog, we did an astonishing SWOT analysis of Lush which is famous for its purest skin products. Here we will be doing an alluring SWOT Analysis of Bblunt.
Bblunt is the only brand that crossed 1 million haircuts and styles with their cutting, but no pasting methodology.
BBLUNT’s salon’s secret high shine cream hair colour is the first product to break all the stereotypes of using a colourant developer mix for hair colouring. Along with the regular components, it has the third element in the form of a Shine Tonic.
Bblunt has grown exponentially in the market with a large presence all over the world. It has marketed its brand very well in the market with the use of digital marketing. It is essential for every business in the market to have a digital presence as most people nowadays are online. If you want to know what digital marketing is and how to use it to your advantage – check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
Thus this makes us keen to know how Bblunt has gained such success in its industry, here we have done an alluring SWOT analysis of Bblunt. But before starting its SWOT analysis of Bblunt let’s get a brief idea about Bblunt as a company, its products, competitors, financials, and more.
(Adhuna Bhabani – The Founder of Bblunt, Source: Franchise News)
Adhuna Bhabani the founder of Bblunt launched her first salon in Mumbai in 1998. Adhuna was among the few women listed in the ‘women of worth’ special issues making the journey of women entrepreneurs by outlook business.
With over 20 years of experience in the hair industry, Adhuna Bhabani noticed that most of the hair colours gave a very flat and opaque colour that made the hair look very dull.
Therefore, Bblunt did exactly what you needed. It came up with a unique way of not only colouring your hair but also giving it a lustrous shine. With the addition of Shine Tonic, salon secret gives you a shine that is unmatched by any other regular home colour.
Bblunt has been helping people keep a cool head by cutting but never copy-pasting. BBlunt’s experts bring you the B system, specially designed for Indian hair and weather.
|No. of Employees
|$ 34 Million
|Net Income/ Profit
(Bblunt Range of Products, Source: Bblunt Facebook Cover Photo)
Products by Bblunt
- Shampoos & Conditioner
- Hair oils
- Hair cream
- Hair colour
- Hair spray
- Dryers and stylers
- Hair extensions
Competitors of Bblunt
- Wella AG
- Kenra, LLC
- Hair Rules
- Vogue International Inc
Now that we understand the company’s key business, let’s look after the SWOT Analysis of Bblunt.
SWOT Analysis of Bblunt
Talking about Bblunt business, let’s understand how this corporation can cater to different individuals using SWOT Analysis. SWOT Analysis of Bblunt helps us to understand companies through the lens of internal and external factors. Internal factors refer to strengths and weaknesses, which can be controlled by the corporation.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of Bblunt, refer to the infographic below:
Now first let’s begin with the strengths of the company from the SWOT analysis of Bblunt.
Strengths of Bblunt
Strengths are the factors in which the company holds expertise and contribute to the continued success of the organization. These are the basis for the continued success of the organization and will assist in gaining the organization’s mission.
- Popular in India: Bblunt is a well-known hair care brand and its products are quite popular in India. Bblunt stores are most probably located in metropolitan areas and most of the ladies just do not visit Bblunt for a haircut but to get some unique style as per the trend.
- Uniqueness in Packaging: Bblunt packaging of the product is very sturdy, clean and suitable to use. The design of the pump dispenser shampoo and oval shape conditioner makes their product unique and convenient if compared with the products of its competitors.
- Reasonable Price & Availability: The price of Bblunt products are worth the quality offered. And the easement of availability whether on physical stores or online stores makes the reach of Bblunt even wider.
- Suitable & Healthy for Hair: Bblunt products are free from animal-based ingredients and the quality of ingredients provide nourishment to dull & damaged hairs. This strength makes Bblunt different and preferred by consumers than the chemical-based products presented on the market.
(Bblunt Salon Like Hair Colour at Home, Source: Youtube)
Did you Know? Since 2013, Bblunt has been working to strengthen its digital presence to boost awareness and sales of HairColour@Home, said Anirban Banerjee from Godrej consumer products who acquired 30% stakes of Bblunt in 2013. For the last 8+ years, Bblunt has been focusing on e-commerce and tie-ups with Amazon and Nykaa so that consumers can read up about them on the internet and make up their minds to purchase a Bblunt.
One more amazing fact is that in 2013, about 30% of Bblunt sales came from online selling. As you can see, focusing on e-commerce and online selling can give benefits to one business. E-commerce, Online selling & Social Media are all part of digital marketing and acquiring knowledge of several digital marketing skills will surely be beneficial for you in terms of future opportunities and career building. You must check out these links to know more.
Weaknesses of Bblunt
Weaknesses are the factors that prevent an organization from meeting its mission and achieving its full potential. These weaknesses hamper organizational success and growth.
- Packaging is Not-Friendly: While the packaging looks nice and sturdy with a pump dispenser feature but at the same time causes leakage problem for the purchasers who travels frequently.
- Little Expensive: As compared to others, Bblunt is a little expensive and can’t be affordable for some people. The quantity is also less which start from Rs. 500 and range to Rs. 600 for a 400ml bottle. At this price, many competitors are offering a 1-litre bottle.
- Advertising Expenses: Bblunt is one of the top brands in the hair care segment. For maintaining the majority part of the vast market area in the hair care segment, Bblunt needs to keep advertising and that is where the major expenses occur and besides advertising, distribution is the second cost that eats up margins a lot.
- Brand Switching: Due to differentiation, the number of people switching brands is increasing day by day, resulting in the cost of acquisition remaining higher. Because once you acquire a customer, the customer might shift to another brand quickly. Differentiation also causes a drop in brand loyalty.
Opportunities for Bblunt
The environment within which our organization operates offers opportunities. An organization can identify such opportunities and enjoy benefits arising from them by planning and executing required strategies.
- Change in Marketing: Bblunt could allot more funds and increase its scope of digital marketing. Bblunt should change its marketing plan to avoid the tried-and-true methods of using brand ambassadors and instead employ new marketing techniques.
- Customer Satisfaction: Bblunt should start listening to its customers online and start to resolve their issues to maintain the brand loyalty of the customers.
- Growing Demand: The market for hair care and personal care products is expanding, and it has significant demographic and geographic potential. The market potential is always increasing as more people use hair care products daily and there is so much competition in the hair care industry, people are well aware of its importance.
- Expansion: New hair care products are being produced every day with newer and better formulas, Bblunt could also expand its product range and also bolstering the things it already offers in its portfolio.
- High-End Products: It should also start focusing on the demands and wants of the consumer as it has already mastered their needs. A brand like L’Oreal released its L’oreal luxe range which are premium products for the consumers. Introducing products like this will increase the brand value of Bblunt.
- Men’s Segment: Bblunt is a brand meant for women, and with the fastest growing men’s care segment there are great opportunities and a lot more to explore on with shampoos for men as it will open a new market for Bblunt.
Threats to Bblunt
- Developing Businesses: Small businesses and Ayurveda products are one of the biggest threats to Bblunt as they have started gaining consumers due to its natural ingredients in Ayurveda products and the personal touch which is a big advantage for ayurvedic businesses. The cost of products in ayurvedic businesses is also relatively lower than that of Bblunt.
- Many Products in the Market: With so many Bblunt product variants and an equal number of rival brand variants, product differentiation becomes difficult, and customers become immune to differentiation, becoming overwhelmed by choice instead.
- Competition: New salon brands and professional hair care brands are also creating products with newer competitive innovation and technology for retail stores which is increasing the competition of Bblunt.
This ends our in-depth SWOT analysis of Bblunt. Let us conclude our learning below.
Bblunt products protect hair against the environment’s harmful effects and give long-lasting hydration to the hair strands. Overall these products are worth recommending to those who are looking for an affordable product for their hair.
Bblunt has been successful in driving online sales and have also added to the offline turnover. But there are many areas where Bblunt still has to work such as reducing the product cost by reducing the internal expenses so that it can be affordable for the majority of people.
It should increase the frequency of marketing digitally with the campaigns globally to create a better digital presence and to cut off the competition by influencing the minds of consumers by frequent advertisement.
As most people are using digital media, every business needs to make a strong digital presence of its business thus digital marketing is very essential. If you are interested in learning and upskilling, check out IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Bblunt has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Bblunt, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Bblunt in the comments section below.