Dating sites have become much prevalent in these modern times due to the distance that the pandemic has created in physical meet-ups. Social media platforms are the only rescue. The social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram in themselves have created a pool of virtual friendships but it somewhere lacks that connection and trust that a relationship is looking for. So here to its rescue comes sites like Tinder, Bumble, etc. And now in the competition, is an India-based dating application named – Aisle.
As the world is moving online, the way marketing is done is changing and if you are interested in learning about the newest – check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
In this blog, we will look at the SWOT analysis of Aisle but before that let’s look at some of the facts about the company.
(The Founder of Aisle, Source: IIDE Creator’s Room)
Aisle Network Private Limited is a Private company that was established on January 10, 2014. It is a non-government organization that is registered with the Registrar of Companies in Bangalore.
It has a brand named Aisle that specializes in creating high-intent dating apps for Indians. This Indian app is among the top twelve highest-grossing dating applications in India, competing with billion-dollar American and Chinese companies such as Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, and TanTan. Between traditional matrimonial services and casual dating apps, Aisle provides a good middle ground. They also create products that assist singles in finding long-term relationships.
|Origin||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|No. of Employees||20+|
|Annual Revenue||Rs. 3.5 Crore (2019)|
|Net Income/ Profit||N/A|
Services by Aisle
- Dating application
Competitors of Aisle
Now that we understand the company’s key business, let’s look after the SWOT Analysis of Aisle.
SWOT Analysis of Aisle
SWOT Analysis of Aisle can show how a well-established company uses its opportunities to ensure its growth. It can show how the company takes advantage of its strengths to use the opportunities while working on its weaknesses. SWOT Analysis of Aisle will also reveal its expansion plans.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of Aisle, refer to the infographic below:
Now first let’s begin with the strengths of the company from the SWOT analysis of Aisle.
Strengths of Aisle
Strengths refer to those factors which help a company to have an edge over its competitors.
- The Increase in Member Base: The overall member base on Aisle’s portfolio applications has now reached 6.5 million, making it India’s second most downloaded dating app.
- India Based App: It is one of the only dating applications which is based in India and is competing in the market with all foreign players that are Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Bumble, etc. This shows that India is plunging in this industry and is on a climb of the success ladder, providing the best of the services.
- Successful Launch of Vernacular Applications: Aisle has launched the third vernacular dating app, Neetho, for the Telugu community, following the successful debut of Arike and Anbe, dating applications for Malayalis and Tamilians, respectively.
- The Revenue Growth: Aisle’s income has increased by 70%, while revenue from newly launched vernacular apps has increased by 30% month over month.
- Its Increased Reach in Smaller Cities: In 2020, Tier 2 and 3 cities accounted for 45% of Aisle’s income, up from 38% in 2019. The introduction of ‘Arike,’ India’s first vernacular dating app, was prompted by the increased popularity of high-intent dating in smaller cities and the growth in matches.
- Provides Priority-Based Matchmaking: It provides priority-based matchmaking, which allows users to browse through selected profiles on the app rather than going through each one individually.
- Plunging Into the Matrimonial Sector: This “Settle Down” feature allows visitors to learn about other people’s plans for getting married and starting a family. As an app, this marks Aisle’s transition from dating to the matrimonial sector.
- Blue Badge Verification: It provides a photo proof with a selfie click and after confirmation of the picture, it provides a blue badge that tells that photo is verified. It helps in reducing the chances of catfishing. It helps build trust in the users.
Weaknesses of Aisle
Weaknesses are those things in which a company lags and that can even become a reason for the users to switch to other competitors. Here are some of the Weaknesses of Aisle:
- Vulnerability of Client Information: Aisle’s most serious flaw is the vulnerability of client information. Even while Aisle makes an effort to ensure user privacy, there is still the issue of information about Aisle users potentially being revealed.
- Customer Dissatisfaction: Although product demand has not decreased, there is a simmering sense of dissatisfaction among Aisle’s consumers. It shows up in the feedback on various online platforms. Aisle should concentrate on areas where it can improve the purchasing and post-purchase experiences of its customers.
- Inadequate Strategic Decision-making: An inadequate strategic decision-making process results from a failure to grasp customers’ needs and expectations. Because of this flaw, the company may be unable to discover possible improvement areas in the products and services.
- Lack of Proper Marketing: It has expanded itself in south India but still lacks its expansion in the rest of India. Established in India, it is unable to market itself in India. This leads to better chances for brands like tinder, bumble to win in the Indian market.
Opportunities for Aisle
- Other Countries: A corporation that is already well-known among young people can broaden its operations by entering the matrimonial market. In South India, the mentioned business has enormous market potential. It should make an effort to research business potential in other countries, as things differ from one country to the next.
- Expansion in South India: As it is reaching a bigger Tamil and Telugu speaking population, it has a higher chance to grow in that area, by bringing in various new features and competing in this market to reach the highest position.
- Development of Technology: The development of new technologies to help in the production of products and services can be used to embed innovation within corporate processes. Advanced technology can save costs and speed up the introduction of new goods.
- Strong Social Media Presence: If Aisle can maintain a strong online presence on many social networking sites, the advent of e-commerce and social media marketing as a trend can be a fantastic opportunity.
You can also avail the benefits of social media marketing if you are starting new with your business or else if you still haven’t set up your e-commerce business then you can learn the same by enrolling in an online e-commerce website creation and managing course which is taught by digital industry experts within a week or less than that.
- Global Presence: The organization can enter the international market, target a geographically dispersed consumer base, and boost profitability because of the reducing boundaries and expanding global interconnection.
Threats to Aisle
- Still Not a Preferred Choice of Users: Platforms like tinder and bumble have already made their position in the virtual dating world and Aisle on the other hand still is not considered as the preferred choice among the users, because of its lack of credibility issues.
- Lack of Cultural Intelligence: Globalization forces organizations to cross national borders and deal with cultural variety, which can be problematic if the organization lacks cultural intelligence.
- Economic Situations Affecting Consumer Spending: Deteriorating economic conditions have an impact on business performance since they have a direct impact on consumers’ spending patterns on Aisle’s premium services as well as the purchasing power of consumers.
- Increasing Competitors: The capacity of the company to maintain and develop its client base is being harmed by an increase in the number of direct and/or indirect competitors.
- Domination of Based Companies: Aisle being the only dating application based in India, is not that popular in the Indian online dating world. The apps like Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OkCupid are dominating, thus leading the US-based industry to dominate in this sphere.
This ends our precise SWOT analysis of Aisle. Let us conclude our learning below.
Aisle is one of the only India-based dating applications, competing in the market full of foreign players like tinder, bumble, hinge, OkCupid, etc. It has established itself as it is the 5th most preferred application in India. It has its other brands which focus on Tamil and Telugu speaking communities and give them a personalized touch as people prefer to date within their community according to the Indian beliefs and traditions.
It is playing well in the South Indian market but still lags its establishment in the rest of India, as tinder and bumble still dominate the virtual dating world in India and people much prefer to use those applications due to their trustworthiness. The aisle needs to bring in more such features to build trust among the users and set a community with its maximum reach to the Indians and also abroad.
Also, Aisle should think about growing its marketing campaigns and environmental awareness on social media using digital marketing strategies.
Because the importance of digital marketing has grown exponentially over the past few decades. Businesses are very careful about their marketing, advertising, and social media presence. If you are a marketing enthusiast the most important thing right now is to understand digital marketing. Check out IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course if you want to learn more and improve your skills.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Aisle has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Aisle, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Aisle in the comments section below.