5 things you need to know before you start Facebook Remarketing using Facebook Pixel Code.
- 1 Hence, it is important to know the use of Facebook Pixel Code.
1. Have a Facebook page:
Facebook page of the brand or product.
2. Have the Facebook pixel code on your website:
Facebook allows having pixel code for your website. Learn how to use Facebook Pixel Code here.
3. Create and audience using the Facebook pixel:
Select your target audience and be as specific as you can.
4. Have an ad budget:
Allocate an ad budget to remarket your customers. Learn more about ideal budgeting techniques.
5. Quality Creatives:
Increase your engagement techniques by creating attractive images. Know the creative lows of Facebook along with it.
6. Great copy:
You need to have an amazing caption to attract your customers in 5 seconds. Learn more how to do it.
Everyone gets tracked on Facebook by some or the other brands. If that happens to you that is smart digital marketing. Digital Marketers use Facebook Pixel Code for enabling such a tracking feature.
So, what is Facebook Pixel Code?
According to Facebook:
The Facebook pixel is a piece of code that you can place on your website to report conversions, build audiences and get rich insights about how people are using your website.
Basically, you can track your visitors until they return to your website.
That’s remarketing through Facebook Pixel Code.
A famous research work by Retargeter.com says:
For most websites, only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit.
Remarketing is a tool designed to help companies reach the 98% of users who don’t convert right away.
Hence, it is important to know the use of Facebook Pixel Code.
According to Facebook.com with the Facebook pixel, you can do the following:
- Know change of devices: Facebook allows you to check how your customers are moving between devices before they buy something from the website.
- Make customers take some action: If you want your customers to fill a form or click on web page, make sure you get this done through using Facebook ads.
- Built segmented target audience: Create Custom Audiences for people who take specific actions on your website, like visited a product page, added to the cart or purchased a product.
- Create Lookalike Audiences: Find more people who are similar to your best customers.
- Run dynamic product ads: Create relevant and timely ads on Facebook based on the products people have visited on your website.
- Access Audience Insights. Get rich insights about the people who visit your website.
It is really important to know how to use Facebook Pixel Code.
Mind you, it’s easy.
How to use Facebook Pixel Code?
You do not need to be tech-savvy for this. You can do it.
It’s really simple.
Procedure for Facebook Pixel Code is as follows:
- Go to Facebook Ads Manager | Pixels
- Click Create a Pixel
- Click Install Pixel Now or Email Pixel Code.
- Add the code to your website pages before the ending </head> tag in the page’s HTML:
According to Facebok.com, at this point, you shouldn’t change anything in the code, but verify that your unique pixel ID is showing in place of FB_PIXEL_ID. The code begins with a simple HTML comment <!– Facebook Pixel Code –> and ends with a <!– End Facebook Pixel Code –>.
If your site is using a global include file such as header.php you should add it to this file. It is recommended to place the code in the page header, because by doing so it improves the quality of activity sent to Facebook.
Then, verify the Pixel.
Now verify whether your pixel works or no by following these steps:
- Get FB Pixel Helper.
- Open a page on your site where you added the pixel.
- Click the Pixel Helper icon in your browser’s toolbar
According to Facebook.com,
A dialog appears for Pixel Helper. If your new pixel works, you see the message pixel found on where the location is the URL for the page you open. After about 15 minutes you can also verify the pixel’s data in Facebook Ads Manager.
Your pixel status is Active and an Activity chart appears:If the Status column for your pixel reads Unverified and the Activity chart is empty, review the steps above and contact your webmaster for help.
Add Pixel to your Ads
After you add the pixel to your site, you’re ready to associate it with your new or existing Facebook Ad.
To sum it up:
As you already know, a pixel code is a tiny 1×1 pixel which shall be put up on your website. It is transparent and can’t be seen. It allows visitors to be tracked on your website. The code lets you track which page/section/product they have visited and what form of action is taken.Facebook Pixel can be availed from the Audience section of Ads Manager. One needs to click on Actions, and then click on View Panel and in the drop-down menu; you can get the pixel base code. You don’t need to be a technological expert or a professional website developer; anyone can take this code and place it on your website.
Uses of Facebook Pixel Code
You can also start using the pixel with other advertising products such as:
- Dynamic Product Ads – Track events on your website and optimize the display of items from your product catalog in Facebook Ads.
- Website Custom Audiences – Build targeted segments of your website visitors based on the pages they visit or the actions they take on your website for usage in your Facebook Ads.
- Conversion Tracking – Use Facebook pixel’s standard events or custom conversions to track the actions your visitors take that you care about for usage in conversion tracking and optimization.
And it’s all set to go.
Start planning your ad campaign.
Create attractive ads.
Attract customer’s attention.
Give discounts and offers.
Increase your sales by manifolds.