The world is moving towards digitization rapidly. Every industry and sector requires digital marketing. The digital marketing industry is to see a growth of 20% in the year 2021 in a year’s span due to the pandemic. This means ample job and business opportunities in this sector. Here’s more about the scope of digital marketing.
If you’re a student or a fresher with no prior experience, a digital marketing internship is a great opportunity to learn, absorb and contribute to a company. A digital marketing internship can teach you a lot as it will give you hands-on experience and will add to your skill-set. And that’s not all. Here are some reasons why digital marketing internships are important.
Why Should You Opt for Digital Marketing Internships?
- Practical Knowledge – By working on live projects, there is a lot to learn in a digital marketing internship. From learning search engine optimization (SEO), how ads are managed, campaign creation, how to make your website rank in a particular place, and so much more. If you aren’t sure which area of digital marketing you’d like to pursue, then interning in different departments through your internship will help you understand where your interest truly lies. Digital marketing is ever-changing and it is about keeping up-to-date with trends and also has a lot to do with continuous learning.
- Understanding of an Organizational Structure – A digital marketing internship in India can help you understand a lot about a formal organizational structure. How other departments work, how to approach a senior, workplace hierarchy, and so much more. Learning and absorbing in the environment is very important.
- Boosts Confidence – Whenever you do look for a job, you will have some experience to add to your resume. Apart from that, this practical knowledge will give you an edge over others and also give you confidence when you get out in the real world.
- Adds to Your Resume – Employers these days prefer hiring a well-rounded employee with experience as well as some education related to the field. In case you’re looking to add to your digital marketing skill-set, we recommend IIDE’s 3-month online digital marketing course. This course offers guaranteed placement opportunities.
- In-depth Learning of Every Aspect of Digital Marketing – There are so many digital marketing channels to learn about, so many aspects. Whether you’re opting for an internship at a digital marketing agency in India or a brand, it is important to understand every aspect. Some of the types of digital marketing are –
1. Search Engine Optimization
2. Search Engine Marketing
3. Email Marketing
5. Paid Media Marketing
6. Social Media Marketing
7. Ad Design
9. Media Planning
10. Online Reputation Management
11. App Optimization
Read more about the types of digital marketing for some direction.
- Discipline – Discipline is something that is priceless and is learned on the job itself. From going to work on time, meeting deadlines, learning work culture etiquette, all of these things will help personal and professional growth in the long run. A disciplined, loyal and committed professional is an asset to any company.
- Networking – Networking is extremely important. By working with other colleagues, you will be able to build on your social skills. Interact with your seniors, learn about their journey. Make lasting connections at this work that will most definitely be handy in the future.
These are reasons enough for you to get out there and start applying for digital marketing internships. But wait. Where do you get one? How should you apply? Read on to find out how you bag digital marketing internships.
How to Bag Digital Marketing Internships?
To bag digital marketing internships, here are some easy steps you can follow. But before we begin, here’s an opportunity for all our readers.
Being in the digital marketing space for more than 5 years now, IIDE decided to take an initiative to support and train budding digital marketing enthusiasts with our one-of-a-kind Global Virtual Digital Marketing Internship Program.
This program is a one-month long internship where the selected candidates are trained with our top experts in different digital marketing facets and given corporate exposure. The best part? Anyone from any corner of the globe can be a part of this program.
IIDE has completed 11 editions of the Virtual Internship Program already and has worked with interns from all over the world. So if this opportunity excites you, join us now.
Moving on, here’s how you can bag digital marketing internships.
1. Understand Your Objective
Ask yourself as to why you’re applying for the internship? How would it help you in your future endeavours? What is it that you’re hoping to learn through the internship? This will help you draft your resume.
2. Draft a Resume
Drafting a good digital marketing resume is the first step. As this is the first contact that the hiring team has with you, it needs to be to-the-point, impactful and impressive. We recommend you read – How to Draft a Stellar Digital Marketing resume.
If you are in an unrelated field, we recommend having a short course on your resume. Check out IIDE’s 3-month online digital marketing course.
3. Cover Letter
A good, concise cover letter is as important as your resume. It can make or break your chances of getting your dream internship. Many hiring managers prefer reading the cover letter before even opening the resume and judge the candidate on their cover letter. Make it crisp – write about yourself, educational qualities, highlight what you wish to learn and what you have to offer.
Once your Email cover letter and resume are ready, hit apply! There are many portals such as Internshala and Monster that can assist you with the same. Even if a company does not have any openings send out Emails, you never know – you might just land an internship!
5. Prepare for the Interview
Preparing for the interview is extremely important as you want to show your zeal and enthusiasm. Even for internship applications, hiring managers need interns to have basic knowledge and skills. Hence, it is important to have knowledge about the area of digital marketing you are interested in as well as overall.
Bonus Read: Digital Marketing Resume Tips You Need
Digital Marketing Internships – Stipend Details
The average salary of a digital marketing intern is about INR 5,000 to INR 10,000 per month. If you have some prior training experience, then opt to apply for a digital marketing executive role. The average salary of a digital marketing executive is INR 20,000-25,000 per month.
It is important to have a plan and direction post your internship. To find out more on salaries to give you a fair idea of industry rates, we recommend that you read this Guide on Digital Marketing Salaries in India for 2021.
Q. What are digital marketing internships about?
Digital marketing internships involve everything to do with digital marketing, media planning, social media marketing, email marketing, search engine optimization, app creation and optimization, content creation, copywriting, ad design and much more. An intern gets hands-on experience in these areas by working in different departments.
Q. What is the salary of a digital marketing intern?
The average salary of a digital marketing intern is INR 5,000 – 10,000 in India.
Q. Do marketing interns get paid?
Yes, marketing interns do get paid. But this depends from company to company. For a complete fresher, many companies offer unpaid internships too at the beginning where you can learn on the job. The average salary of a marketing intern in India is INR 5,000 – 10,000.
Q. What do you say in a marketing internship interview?
In a marketing interview, you need to know about the current marketing trends, case studies, popular marketing tools, brand strategies and also know how to strategize well.
That’s all from us, go hit the apply button, we wish you all the very best!
In case you wish to specialize in a particular area of digital marketing but aren’t too sure, consider doing a short term course first. IIDE has a range of short short-term digital marketing courses to choose from. Have a look!
For an even more professional approach, you can apply for our 11-month MBA-Level Postgraduation Program in Digital Marketing. This program is inclusive of a compulsory 2-month internship and guaranteed placement assistance in some of the top companies.
We hope you enjoyed reading our blog! Let us know in the comments below.