Lastly, we saw the in-depth analysis of the business model of Treebo Hotels, this time we will look at the elaborated SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail.
We aim to inform you by acquiring bits of knowledge on India’s most elevated travel organiser – Pickyourtrail. It commenced in 2013 and is India’s biggest online do-it-yourself holiday booking platform that entitles users to customise their journey.
Another feature that made Pickyourtrail a huge success is the marketing attempt. As the world moves online, marketing is swapping and if you are interested in learning about the newest – check out our FREE masterclass on digital marketing by our CEO and founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
In this blog, we’ll go through Pickyourtrail’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in-depth, but before starting with the SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail, first, let’s learn a little about the company.
(The Founders – Pickyourtrail)
Pickyourtrail commenced in the year 2014 by Co-Founder Hari Ganapathy & Srinath Shankar, is India’s biggest online do-it-yourself holiday booking platform that entitles users to customise their journey. The unique platform contemplates elements like a traveller’s interests, trip period, and budget to deliver the promise of ‘Craft Your Holiday, Your Way’ totally online.
The travel organisation works in contact with leading tourism boards of destinations like Australia, Singapore, Iceland, Japan, Dubai, New Zealand, etc. Over the years, pick your trail has helped more than 10000+ travellers from all over the 14 countries explore their dream holiday destinations.
Pickyourtrail has been selected by the International Cricket Council (ICC) and Tourism Australia as the formal ticketing partner for the 2020 T20 Men’s & Women’s World Cup. Pickyourtrail was formed out of a need to unfurl the miracle of travel through the reasoning of computing.
|Founder||Hari Ganapathy and Srinath Shankar|
|No. of Employees||194+|
|Annual Revenue||$9.5 Million (2018)|
|Net Income/ Profit||N/A|
Products & Services by Pickyourtrail
- Holiday Packages
- Honeymoon Packages
- Beach Packages
- Summer Holiday Packages
- Family Packages
- Adventure Packages
- Budget Packages
- Luxury Packages
Competitors of Pickyourtrail
- Flight Centre Travel
- Audley Travel
- Travel Triangle
Now that we know all the inside details about Pickyourtrail, it’s time to dig into the SWOT Analysis of Pickyourtrail.
SWOT Analysis of Pickyourtrail
As the name goes a SWOT analysis tells us about the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of a company. Such analyses are often done by companies to know their standing in the market. These analyses are not only done by companies to see their standing but also to see the standing of their competition.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail, refer to the infographic below:
So let us first start by looking at the strengths of Pickyourtrail from the SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail.
Strengths of Pickyourtrail
- Highly Trained Staff: It is very important to maintain the morale of staff members. The employees here have gained professional skills and experience. The staff of Pickyourtrail will always figure out how to entertain customers.
- Recognized Service Provider: Pickyourtrail in starting crafted trails for more than 1,500 travellers and today that number has grown to over 10,000 travellers. People recognize the startup and it has been only 5 years since the start-up started.
- Attractive Tour Packages: Pickyourtrail provides budget packages to luxury packages catering to each traveller’s needs. Appeal to Pickyourtrail organisation comes from the popularity Family, friends, couples, every type of package are ever ready.
- Revenue Doubled: The number of people using Pickyourtrail has zoomed 115 per cent in just the past five months; revenue has doubled over the same period (revenue in 2018 stood at a run rate of around $9.5 million).
- Robust Engineering Solutions: Pickyourtrail system is unique in its way. Pickyourtrail’s intelligent platform that translates to personalisation algorithms, price-matching meta-search engines, recommendation models, and booking/cancellation APIs helps save time and effort, without having to wait for a travel agent’s quote, yet letting travellers have the fun of planning their trip!
- Excellent Customer Service: Pickyourtrail offers excellent customer service and manages its customers’ basic needs at their leisure. Pickyourtrail offers expert assistance, transparent pricing, 24×7 Concierge and it is a one-stop-shop for travel enthusiasts.
Weaknesses of Pickyourtrail
Weaknesses are those elements of your business from which you can rectify your abilities. These are the factors where a company needs to look carefully and change for the better.
- Unwilling to Convince: Reluctance in customers or clients to use the internet for financial transactions like booking tickets online.
- No Direct Customer Interaction: No direct customer-seller interaction due to this sometimes fraud data can be spotted on websites.
- Significant Losses: It has suffered significant losses in recent years, but with advances in technology they employ and its services, Pickyourtrail is regaining ground.
- Difficulty in On-ground Operations: Developing strong on-ground operations is critical in this sector to provide a consistent experience for customers.
- Unnecessary Operation Cost: The market targets unique and extreme costs for the tour which sometimes seem to be unnecessary costs.
Opportunities for Pickyourtrail
Opportunities are those elements that might give an organisation a competitive advantage. Opportunities are external to your company and present the possibility of profits, sales, etc.
- International Tourists: The growth rate of outsiders with higher disposable incomes is high, so Pickyourtrail can render these types of customers by selling travel packages to increase the market.
- Continuous Innovation: Pickyourtrail should continuously update its unique touch + tech model to deliver a better experience to travellers because positive feedback from travellers is required now to grow the Pickyourtrail business. Pickyourtrail is working on innovation to give a better experience to travellers and is listed among the top 5 for the same.
- Full Utilisation of Internet: Utilisation of the internet to display hotels, offer visibility, presence, marketing and distribution. Showcasing affordable hotels which are an ideal option for a weekend stay will increase the bookings at Pickyourtrail.
Bonus Tip: You can also utilise the world of the internet to grow your business and career. Well, how? It is simple, you just need to keep yourself upgraded by learning the latest digital marketing skills from trainers who are keeping themselves upgraded with the latest digital industry standards to run a business online. What’s better than learning from the experts who are sharing the current industry techniques? So, do enrol and start learning from them for your benefit…
- Business Class: There is a surge in the number of business travellers in India. This is where Pickyourtrail can launch their business suit for entrepreneurs who are looking for luxury stay and accommodation at their respective destinations.
- Tie-ups With Travel Partners: Pickyourtrail can tie up with bus travel businesses such as redBus. So that if redBus is promoting a group tour then Pickyourtrail can work as an accommodation partner for that tour. If you wish to learn more about the SWOT analysis of the largest online bus ticket company redBus, you should read the SWOT analysis of the redBus blog by us.
- Raise Funds: Pickyourtrail should raise funds from various big sources to expand and be the preferred travel brand for new age travellers across the world. Recently Pickyourtrail raised an undisclosed amount from existing investors.
- Expected Growth: According to Statista, the travel and tourism market is expected to reach $637.7 billion in 2022 at a CAGR of 10.47 per cent from 2022-to 2026. Pickyourtrail should use this opportunity to grow its business.
Threats to Pickyourtrail
Threats are those elements that can be harmful to your company’s growth.
- Increasing Competition: Pickyourtrail competes in the hyper-saturated market mid-tier and faces fierce competition from other leading travel companies. Even though they have a strong presence in the industry, they are dwarfed by the revenue of their competitors.
- Customer Expectations: Due to increasing options of online travel booking, customers are more possessed to urge online budget travel packages with all the facilities at low prices. This habit of customers has affected the revenue generation of Pickyourtrail.
- Losing Faith of Customers: Dishonest online businesses damage consumers’ confidence and faith in the entire enterprise of internet marketing.
- Safety Concerns: After a pandemic, people who stay in hotels are more likely to stay in a sanitised and safe hotel. Pickyourtrail travel packages also include partnerships with hotels and a careless step from hotel partners will directly affect the image of Pickyourtrail and the company could face some legal action and cases from travellers.
- Misbehaviour With Customers: Any sudden misbehaviour and informal way of talking with customers by the hotel manager or welcoming staff will affect the brand image of Pickyourtrail. Travellers will not prefer to purchase travel packages next time from Pickyourtrail.
This ends our elaborated SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail. Let us conclude our learning below.
Pickyourtrail is India’s leading online travel company that delivers customised international holidays. Pickyourtrail’s goal is to change the customer experience so they can explore destinations at their own pace with completely customised tour packages.
Pickyourtrail is reaching out at a trend and will achieve colossal improvement in the future as it is adjusting the way to improve services. Pickyourtrail has the most professional five-star rating via online media applications like; Facebook.
Pickyourtrail is one of the leading online travel companies and is an expert in marketing. Assuming you have an interest in learning you may check out IIDE’s Online Digital Marketing Course to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Pickyourtrail in the comments section below.