Want to earn money by doing something creative while you’re studying? Why not start your own Blog? Why not become a Blogger?
If you are looking for ways to do something unique – we suggest you start your own “Blog”.
Because there are numerous advantages to blogging. It improves your creativity, raises your confidence, and the best thing is that you can make money through blogging.
Not only that, if your blog goes viral, you can collaborate with multiple companies to advertise their products in your blog.
So, if you want to start your own blog while studying, but don’t have any idea how to start with it? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the correct place.
From its definition to how to get started, this article will teach you all you need to know about blogging.
So without any further ado, let’s get started with the definition of blogging.
What is Blogging?
The term “blogging” simply refers to the process of sharing any news or information about something in the form of an article. It is shared online through the website.
The information could be related to a company, a promotion, a specific topic, or something else. It’s basically an online journal that people can access and read whenever they want.
Now you might have got some idea about what exactly blogging is. Be in this article to know more about blogging.
But before we move forward, the question arises, “Why Should Students Start Blogging?” So, let’s see the reason.
Wondering Why Should You Start Your Own Blog?
It’s 2021, and the world has become very competitive. And all students who are pursuing their degrees should keep in mind that the level of competition in the job market is becoming too high.
And, if we look closely, we can see that 8 out of 10 students are interested in writing. And if you take this seriously, those students can improve their writing skills as well as try to develop their careers in this field.
Apart from that, there are few more reasons to start your own blog while studying, and they are –
- It helps you to increase your writing skills
- You can go through new writing tools
- Writing helps you to sharpen your brain performance
- It also improves your communication skills
- Its boosts confidence
- You can even earn money
There are many other reasons to start your own blog while studying. These are a few of them.
Now you know the meaning of blogging and why should you start with your own blog.
Let’s take a look at the steps which you should follow to start with your own blog.
How to Start Your Own Blog?
Starting a blog is not that difficult either. You should require a step-by-step process to start with your own blog.
There are a lot of platforms like Google Blogger, WordPress, etc that allow you to build free blogs. You can also explore more and set up a professional blog with a paid domain name.
You can start off with your blog in just 5 easy steps. Let’s take a look at those steps.
1. Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting
The first and foremost thing which you have to do while starting your blog is to select a domain name and buy your blog hosting.
And for that purpose, we suggest you use “Bluehost” because it provides you with a free domain name, it has outstanding customer service, and it also gives you 30 days money-back guarantee.
Follow the given steps –
- Go to Bluehost, and click on the Get Started button
- Select the plan as per your requirements. But we suggest you start with the Basic Plan
- Choose a domain name for your blog, and enter it into the New Domain box
- Fill in the required details and create your Bluehost account
And now you’re almost ready to become a Blogger!
2. Start off by adding WordPress
The next step would be to install WordPress, which is absolutely Free!
And you don’t need to worry, Bluehost does all the work for you.
- Click the login button
- Click Skip this Step on the pick a theme screen
- WordPress is now installed, click Start building to go to your new blogging dashboard
3. Pick Up a simple and a delegate theme
Now in this step, you’ll have to design your website by picking up the best theme. And don’t worry you don’t need to do coding for that.
- Go to the WordPress dashboard
- Select Themes from the Appearance section
- Select the best theme from the given options for your website
- Customize the theme according to your requirements
- Finally, click on Activate
Your website is now ready. But wait, you have more things to do.
4. Add a minimum of two blogging plugins to find your reader and track stats
Plugins are third-party add-ons that extend the additional functions to your blog. And we suggest you not add too many plugins, because it will slow down your website.
- In the dashboard, go to Plugins and select Add New
- Search for Yoast SEO, click Install Now followed by Activate
- Similarly, search for MonsterInsights, click Install Now followed by Activate
- Click the Launch the Wizard! Button to configure MonsterInsights
5. Write compelling content to create a Blog that your readers love
Congratulations! Now you are ready with your website to start your own blog. It’s time to start blogging.
- Start by writing and publishing the content for your basic pages, like About, Contact, or any other pages that you want in the header of your new blog.
- Create a basic logo for your website with the help of Indesign, Photoshop, or any other application.
- Add photos and infographics to your website. Try to add photos that look professional. And use high-quality images.
- Create a schedule to post your blogs. We suggest you start up with 2 blogs per week in the beginning.
And to write good content for your blog and promoting it, you must have particular content writing and marketing skills.
And IIDE’s Online Content Marketing Course will help you out with that. It will give you a proper insight into how to write content and promote it effectively.
Now let’s take a look at the top 5 benefits of blogging, while you’re studying.
Top 5 Benefits of Blogging while Studying
1. You Have Time on Your Side
Once you enter professional life, you’ll be working all day. You will have very little time to devote to activities like blogging.
College time is the best moment to start a blog as you will have a lot of time on your hands. You can come up with great ideas and good quality posts for your readers. You will also get time to work consistently on your blog for a year or two.
Hence, the time factor is one of the most important benefits of starting your blog while you’re studying.
2. Develops Creativity
A blog is a blank canvas. You can do anything about it. You can put up your poems, your short stories, your articles, your observations, and your opinions. You can even display your photography skills, your art skills, and your paintings.
A blog helps give wings to your creativity. There’s no limit to what you can put up on your blog. As the most dynamic platform available, you must take the full benefit of it and use it according to your needs.
3. Helps You Make Money on The Side
When you start blogging, it’s also possible to make some money on the side. Yes, real money- from your own efforts. Now let’s get this very clear: you won’t be making money from Day-1 of your blogging.
The Benefits of Blogging are, with persistence and some extra efforts, you can earn a sizeable income.
But, How’s this possible?
Through a technique that’s informally known as Blog Monetization.
One way to make money is by subscribing to Google AdSense. Your blog has to become eligible to subscribe to Google AdSense.
Once your blog meets its standards, Google will display ads on your blog. If anyone clicks on these ads, you get some money.
Highly Recommended Course: Online Google Ads Course
The other way to earn money from your own blog is by affiliate marketing. All you need do is join an excellent affiliates program such as Amazon Associates for free.
You’ll get a personal dashboard to create and post links and ads for millions of products that feature on Amazon. When someone buys something through your link, Amazon pays between 2% to 18% of its cost price as your commission.
And that’s how you will be able to make money through blogging.
4. Helps You Learn New Skills
To make money, you need to attract people to read your blogs. How’s that done, you’d definitely wonder. Let us tell you, it’s fairly easy but it will require a bit of learning.
The best way is to promote your blog by doing Digital Marketing. It includes Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing, and much more.
You can learn these skills free from information and basic tutorials available online. Or you can join an excellent digital marketing course from some very reputed training institutes.
And India’s No.1 Digital Institute, IIDE brings you an Online Digital Marketing Course, direct at your home.
With this course, you’ll be able to enhance your digital marketing skills with the help of the trained & experienced professionals of the industry at your own comfort.
And if you want to enhance many other important skills such as SEO, Social Media Marketing, and various other skills, then we suggest you sign-up for our Short-term Certification Course in Digital Marketing.
This way, you are also paving the way to make a career in digital marketing.
5. Showcase in Your Resume
Mentioning you own a blog helps a lot when you graduate and enter the job market. You can show your writing skills, your determination, and your consistency to anyone who wants some proof of that.
And adding skills such as Blogging and writing in your will give weightage to your resume and will help to gain the employer’s attention.
Now, there are few things that you must know before you start blogging. So let’s take a look at those.
Few Tips to Keep in Mind Before You Start Your Own Blog
Most of the students believe that blogging is simply about writing content and publishing it on a website as they are unaware. However, true blogging entails a variety of other tasks.
Remember these points before you start Blogging
- Know how to choose topics for your blog
- Make sure to add Domain Privacy Protection
- Blogs take some time to rank for the beginners
- Use WordPress site to publish your blogs
- Try to install all useful Plugins in WordPress
- Use an attractive theme for your website
- Select a potential niche that can bring traffic to your website
- Don’t start blogging to become rich
- Try to learn some basic SEO(Search Engine Optimization)Skills
In order to start your blogging website with WordPress, you must have proper knowledge and skill to operate it and IIDE’s Online WordPress Course will help you to build your website with great ease.
And also for learning Search Engine Optimization, we suggest you sign-up for our Online SEO Course, which is designed by industry experts & professionals.
Make sure you go through all these points before you start your own blog. These pointers will give you an idea about starting with your own blog while studying. And in addition to these, you can check out these 18 blogging tips for a successful blog.
Finally, after you complete all these steps accordingly, you’re completely ready for blogging.
Every step, from domain selection to website implementation, must be done with care.
But remember, the most important thing is to Start. So take the first step and begin your blogging journey today!
We hope the blog was informative and you enjoyed reading the blog. Let us know your views in the comments section below.