Super Session With Sanchari Chakrabarty
Strategy Director – DDB Mudra Group
Role of ‘Culture’ in consumer insights
- Moving People Meaningfully!
- IIDE – Indian Institute of Digital Education hosted a Super-Session with Sanchari Chakrabarty Strategy Director at DDB Mudra Group.
- The discussion began with Sanchari talking about how her career began and how her mentors have played a big role in her initial growth & her curiosity helping her overall development.
- In 2021, marketers need to look at the work they have done and ask themselves fundamental questions if they want to push the set boundaries. In the long run, profit, sales penetration, & loyalty all come under one umbrella. It is imperative to focus on the big picture for bigger and broader effects. Brand building & sales activation are in tandem with each other but work on different timescales.
- People care about themselves and not brands. Marketers need to find out the element which triggers people to say what they say and especially why they say it.
- She cited CRED’s recent marketing campaign where they leveraged cultural truth by using icons from the 90s because their current TG is the 90s kids. Also, another campaign by Procter & Gamble during the 2014 Winter Olympics called “Thank You Mom” which people really connected with because it was powerful and emotive in nature.