IIDE Super Session Topic
Role of ‘Culture’ in consumer insights
- IIDE – Indian Institute of Digital Education hosted a Super-Session with Sanchari Chakrabarty Strategy Director at DDB Mudra Group.
- The discussion began with Sanchari talking about how her career began and how her mentors have played a big role in her initial growth & her curiosity helping her overall development.
- In 2021, marketers need to look at the work they have done and ask themselves fundamental questions if they want to push the set boundaries. In the long run, profit, sales penetration, & loyalty all come under one umbrella. It is imperative to focus on the big picture for bigger and broader effects. Brand building & sales activation are in tandem with each other but work on different timescales.
- People care about themselves and not brands. Marketers need to find out the element which triggers people to say what they say and especially why they say it.
- She cited CRED’s recent marketing campaign where they leveraged cultural truth by using icons from the 90s because their current TG is the 90s kids. Also, another campaign by Procter & Gamble during the 2014 Winter Olympics called “”Thank You Mom”” which people really connected with because it was powerful and emotive in nature.
Start your online digital marketing training with industry experts.
Other Super Mentors
Every Saturday IIDE hosts live super sessions with CMO’s of top companies and heavyweights of the advertising industry.