IIDE Super Session Topic
How to Build a Branded Digital IP?
- IIDE – Indian Institute of Digital Education hosted a SuperSession with Nisha Vasudevan, VP Executive Director at Supari Studios on How to Build Digital Assets to make Brand Successful.
- Nisha walked us through her journey from being a BMM student in journalism to an Executive director at Supari studios. Wanting to be a documentary filmmaker in the UK, freelancing as a videographer, being an Associate Director at Star in the television industry to making it to the Top 30 at Cannes in the list of “Women creatives of the industry” representing India!
- Branded content, she mentioned can be in different video types like films, web series, music videos, documentaries, youtube videos and many more. Difference between Content and Branded content she explained, that a Brand’s value with some product name on the face is what Branded content videos should talk about. Generating entertainment for the viewer rather than just a traditional ad getting shown to your audience.
- While giving insights about what branded content is, she said that it should be Non-invasive and the product placement should be off the audience’s face. “All brands have a branding and advertising strategy, but a video story happening for web series or documentaries is branded content.” A few examples like Koffee with Karan, Tinder and how different influencers do brand content like when Tanmay Bhat talks about a particular Netflix show.
- Nisha showed a few videos of Red Bull, the LEGO Group, Bacardi and Honda Cars India Ltd as brand campaign videos to explain the difference between advertisements and branded content. She mentioned that “T of branded contents’ should be entertainment with pinch and drops of brand name or existence in the content. “Telling a story with the product rather than asking to buy the product”. Connecting the audience with emotion.
- Talking about the key to effective branded content she mentioned Brand authenticity and storytelling are the way to go!
While discussing Redbull, Netflix, & Moneyhiest projects that she has been part of, she gave 3 important takeaways –
1. Culture is an important part of branded content
2. Leveraging different platforms for the campaign
3. Collaborating with influential people.
- As a brand intangible set of ideas is the brand digital asset of the particular brand
- #DigitalMarketing #Content #BrandedContent #CampaignPlanning #DigitalIP
Start your online digital marketing training with industry experts.
Other Super Mentors
Every Saturday IIDE hosts live super sessions with CMO’s of top companies and heavyweights of the advertising industry.