In our previous blog, we did a comprehensive SWOT Analysis of OCBC Bank – A Multinational Banking & Financial Services Corporation. This time, we’ll go through the SWOT analysis of Logan Group – A Hong Kong-based Property Developer Group.
Logan Group Co Ltd (Logan Group), previously Logan Group Property Holdings Company Limited, is a property developer. It constructs and sells residential properties and retail shops. The organization also rents office units and retail shops; and accomplishes development projects of office premises and private structures for its external clients. Logan Group has operations in the Greater Bay Area, which incorporates Shenzhen, Nanning, Zhuhai, Shantou, Foshan, Huizhou, and other regions.
For a long time, Logan Group has been after the improvement of the nation, sticking to the brand reasoning of “Shaping Cities and Homes with Responsibility and Sincerity” It has raised more than 150 private ventures to date, offering excellent personal kind of assistance for more than 1,000,000 individuals. Why? Probably because they offer what people are looking for.
Another factor that made Logan Group the giant it is now in its marketing efforts. As the world goes digital, marketing is revising and if you are curious to know about the latest marketing trends – check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
Let’s now take a look at the reason behind the success of Logan Group. In this blog, we will cover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats surrounding Logan Group. Before we start, let us begin by learning about the company, its history, products, services and financial success.
About Logan Group
Logan Group Company Limited was established in 1996 and is an integrated property developer focusing on residential property advancement in the PRC, especially the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, with its products essentially targeting first-time homebuyers and upgraders. It was listed on the leading board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in 2013.
Logan Group has Grade-A credentials in property advancement, general contracting of construction as well as designing plans, and is one of the most incredible property architects in the PRC as far as my strength. Logan Group positioned 184th on Fortune’s China 500 List, Forbes’ Global 1000 List, and third in the “Main 10 Hong Kong-recorded Chinese Property Developers – Investment Value” in 2020.
Advancement in business execution of Property Development and Urban Redevelopment Business sections, property portfolio, solid presence in the Greater Bay Region, and liquidity position are the organisation’s key assets, even as business execution of construction and decoration contracts and other fragments remains a reason for concern.
|Founder||Hoi Pang Kei|
|No. of Employees||2999+|
|Market Cap||$12.508 Billion (2022)|
|Annual Revenue||$52.49 Billion (2021)|
|Net Income/ Profit||CN¥10.0 Billion (2021)|
Products & Services by Logan Group
Logan Group has been in the property development business for many years and offers:
- Property development
- General contracting for construction
- Engineering design
- Residential real estate marketer
Competitors of Logan Group
Logan Group competes on an international level with many other companies that deal in real estate. The top 5 competitors of Logan Group are
- Edward Rose & Sons
- Xinyuan Real Estate
- CSM Corporation
- Etalon Group
As now we have a better understanding of Logan Group, let’s look into the SWOT Analysis of Logan Group.
SWOT Analysis of Logan Group
A SWOT analysis identifies a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. A proven and true management paradigm that allows Logan Group to compare its business and performance with competitors and the industry as a whole.
So let us go ahead and first have a glance at the strengths of Logan Group from the SWOT analysis of Logan Group.
Strengths of Logan Group
Your organisation’s strength is something that makes it stand out from the rest. It can be a competitive advantage that sets it apart from its competitors. Some of the strengths of Logan Group are as follows –
- Leading Market Position: Logan Group holds a leading market position in China owing to the high quality and diversified real estate products or services. Since its inception, the growth enabled the company to create new revenue streams and diversify its economic cycle.
- Good Capital Expenditure Returns: Logan Group has an amazing track record of completing new projects within the deadline and generating good returns on capital expenditure by establishing new revenue sources.
- Customer Satisfaction is Just High: Logan Group has been able to achieve high customer satisfaction among current customers by providing high-quality services. The company has also built strong brand equity among potential customers due to its dedicated customer relationship management department.
- Highly Qualified Workforce: The company provides thorough training, skill development, and learning opportunities to all its employees. Human resources are a major factor in the success of Logan Group in the construction sector.
- Track Record of Innovation: Logan Group China has a successful record of consumer-driven and customer-centric innovation. They always deliver innovative real-estate infrastructure.
- Catering to Different Customer Segments: Logan Group China has an extensive set of products accommodating different segments of customers in the construction service department. This has helped the company to diversify its revenue streams.
Weaknesses of Logan Group
Strategy is all about choices and weaknesses are areas where companies can improve through SWOT analysis and leverage their competitive advantage and strategic positioning.
- Lack of Digital Presence: In today’s day and age brands need to establish their presence on social media and the web. This way consumers can remain up to date with the upcoming projects.
- Gross Margins: The gross and operating margins, if not improved, could put pressure on the financial statement of the company.
- Declining Market Share: The construction service industry is growing at a fast pace, hence Logan Group China needs to keep up with the market trends to drive future growth.
- High Cost of Replacing Existing Experts: Very few experienced employees are responsible for the growth of Logan Group China. Replacing them and finding the right fit for the company is a tedious task.
- The Added Cost of New Supply Chain Network & Logistics: Technology and artificial intelligence have drastically altered old business models in the Capital Goods industry. This has led to a decrease in the dealer network of Logan Group China. Building a robust supply chain network can be very expensive for the company.
Opportunities for Logan Group
Opportunities are potential areas for companies to focus on to improve results, increase sales, and ultimately profit.
- Increasing Government Regulations: Regulations make it difficult for unorganised players to operate in the property development segment. This can be a huge advantage for Logan Group China to increase its customer base.
- Low Inflation Rates: Low inflation rate means more stability in the market. This enables Logan Group China customers to get credit at a lower interest rate leading to an increase in the consumption of Logan Group China products.
- Hiring Digital Marketers: The pandemic moved all businesses online. Having an online presence can boost the company’s relationship with its customers. Want to know how Logan Group can boost its growth with social media? Then you must check out the benefits of social media marketing to answer your query.
- Technological Advancements: Advancements in technology are improving industrial productivity. If utilised wisely then tech can enable the company to maintain existing clients and lure in potential clients by providing them high-class services. Using technology can increase productivity and decrease extra costs.
- Customers Migrating to Higher End Products: Logan Group China has strong brand recognition for their premium property development services segment. In the lower segment, customers have experience with excellent customer service. This represents a great opportunity for the company to increase its profitability in the market.
Threats to Logan Group
Threats are environmental factors that can harm a company’s development. Here are some of Logan Group’s threats:
- Upcoming Competition: Logan Group China is a leader in product innovation in property development services, but it is still facing challenges and stiff competition from local as well as international competitors.
- Distrust in Government Institutions: There is always a threat of losing the IPR to the local competitors as the Intellectual Property Rights framework is not very strong in emerging markets, especially in China.
- Changing Demographics: The new generation is tech-savvy and is less brand loyal and more open to experimentation. This can lead to a reduction in margins in the long run.
- Commoditization of Products: There has been an increase in the commodification of the capital goods industry which is a major challenge for Logan Group China and other players in the industry.
- Changing Political Environment: With Brexit’s impacts on the European Union, the US-China trade war and the overall instability in the East can give a major blow to Logan Group China, both in the rural and international markets.
This ends our elaborative SWOT analysis of Logan Group. Let us conclude our learning below.
Logan Group is a well-known real estate company with significant global positions. During the SWOT analysis of Logan Group, we found that the company is highly dependent and enjoys strong brand awareness and trust from its customers. It has a solid logistic base and covers all markets it serves, but suffers from more active research and development from an increasing number of manufacturers and competitors in the same space.
But being such a huge brand across multiple countries, Logan Group should continue to innovate and develop more products and launch them in the market with the best possible marketing strategies.
Especially digital marketing which is vital in today’s growing and expanding world, to get better results and to remain competitive in the market. If you don’t have any idea of what digital marketing is or want to learn more about it and upgrade yourself, here is an Online Digital Marketing Course to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Logan Group has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Logan Group, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Logan Group in the comments section below