In our previous blog, we talked about the SWOT Analysis of Enel, the 73rd largest revenue-making company in the world. This time let’s dig into the SWOT Analysis of InterGlobe Aviation.
InterGlobe aviation has a foundation of three pillars – offering low fares, being on time, and delivering a courteous and hassle-free experience. Today, they have become synonymous with affordability, punctuality, and reliability in providing passengers with the best airline services.
Another aspect that made InterGlobe aviation a huge airline company is that the company connects people across the globe to a network of over 91 destinations worldwide. Given the global nature of the COVID-19 pandemic marketing is changing and if you are interested in learning about the latest – check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by IIDE, Karan Shah.
Do you want to learn how InterGlobe aviation became so successful in the airline industry? In this blog, we will learn about the SWOT analysis of InterGlobe aviation. Before we begin, let us begin by learning about the company, its history, products, services, and financial success.
About InterGlobe Aviation
InterGlobe Aviation (IndiGo) is India’s largest passenger airline with a market share of 55.5% as of January 2022. The company operates its flights under the IndiGo brand. In India’s domestic air travel market IndiGo primarily operates as a low-cost carrier.
InterGlobe Aviation is growing with a fleet of 276 aircraft, the company connects people across the globe to a network of over 97 destinations worldwide. A fleet for each type of operation, high operational reliability, and award-winning service make it one of the most reliable airlines in the world. Flying up to 73 destinations in India and 24 Internationally.
InterGlobe Aviation has been bridging gaps between people and markets since 1989. The company’s commitment to this purpose has allowed it to establish a strong foothold in businesses such as civil aviation, hospitality, travel commerce, airline management, aircraft maintenance engineering, advanced pilot training, etc.
InterGlobe aviation has continued to expand its vision and become India’s leading and one of the most respected conglomerates over the past three decades. Its headquarter is at Gurugram and is driven by a workforce of over 26,000 people spread across 28+ countries and 115+ cities globally, its passion for quality, value, and innovation is set to power it into the future.
|Kapil & Rahul Bhatia
|No. of Employees
|$9.82 Billion (2022)
|Rs 9.29T Crore (2021)
|Net Income/ Profit
|Rs 129.79 Crore (2021)
Products of InterGlobe Aviation
The following products are related to the InterGlobe Aviation company:
- Travel Commerce
- Airline Management
- Advanced Pilot Training
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Competitors of InterGlobe Aviation
InterGlobe Aviation competes on a global level with many other airlines. The top 5 competitors of InterGlobe Aviation are as follows –
- Copa Airlines
- SAS – Scandinavian Airlines
- Spice Jet
- Jet Airways
Now that we are familiar with how the company’s history and its work, let’s dive right into the SWOT Analysis of InterGlobe Aviation.
SWOT Analysis of InterGlobe Aviation
SWOT Analysis of InterGlobe Aviation is a basic method that can help a company examine what it does best right now and develop a successful future strategy. It exposes the areas where people are holding back or how competitors may profit.
With the growing neck-and-neck rivalry in membership warehouses, it is critical for organizations like InterGlobe Aviation to examine the business environment.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of InterGlobe Aviation, refer to the infographic below:
Now first let’s begin with the strengths of the company from the SWOT analysis of InterGlobe Aviation.
Strengths of InterGlobe Aviation
Strengths are defined as what each business does best in its gamut of operations which can give it an upper hand over its competitors. The following are the strengths of InterGlobe Aviation:
- Positive Image: InterGlobe Aviation works effectively to provide high-quality service with low travelling costs. People choose InterGlobe Aviation for the service, cost and constant offers provided by InterGlobe Aviation.
- Services: It provides various services that make it easier for customers like: online booking, 24 hours customer support, and online flight status checking.
- High Stakeholders Engagement: InterGlobe Aviation has a high employee satisfaction rate and it is very transparent to its customers and provides accurate information. They communicate often with their customers and work on customer feedback and the satisfaction of customers.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: InterGlobe Aviation not just focuses on business but also participates in social activities through InterGlobe Aviation reach, which will benefit the society and the rural areas in upliftment, child education, women empowerment and environmental activities.
- Fleet Strategy: The airline has ensured to purchase its fleet at prices much lower than the actual price that the seller would sell for. This has helped InterGlobe Aviation maintain its low costs consistently.
Weaknesses of InterGlobe Aviation
It indicates where the company is lacking in its performance and management.
- Sustaining Profits: InterGlobe Aviation has been termed as a low-cost carrier, as a result, it has to lower the cost of travelling. Due to this reason InterGlobe Aviation was unable to generate and sustain profits consistently.
- Over-dependence on Volume: To sustain the profits of the company, they should ensure that volumes are high and the business cannot be affected by fluctuations in the demand. The company has to invest more and take measures to manage even during unexpected situations like pandemics, where business goes low. Also must focus on reserves.
- The Grounding of Aircraft: When the incident of the safety of Pratt and Whitney aircraft became questionable, the Civil Aviation Authority, had to decide to ground these aeroplanes brought by InterGlobe Aviation. This scandal has affected business operations and goodwill.
Opportunities for InterGlobe Aviation
It indicates the new comings for the company and the offers offered to InterGlobe Aviation company
- Growing Demand for Foreign Travel: In today’s generation, we have seen people travelling to various foreign countries either for business, education or for holiday. So the demand for foreign travel is huge.
- Globalization: Since there is demand for travel to foreign countries. InterGlobe Aviation has a growing opportunity and it increases the network as there is international travel.
- Increase the Demand: The business can make use of the chance by establishing its presence on various interactive social media platforms for marketing InterGlobe Aviation business and gaining maximum customers. These skills are made for smart people like you who can establish a career in digital marketing and find the right job opportunity that will suit your needs.
Bonus Tip: If you want to learn how to do marketing on social media for your business, then do check out IIDE’s social media marketing course for in-depth learning that will introduce you to how to boost brand awareness, and acquire quality leads and get repeat sales. Also, this course plus our several short term courses in digital marketing are proven beneficial for candidates who are looking to make a career in digital marketing. So do check out both the links for your benefit.
- Increasing Partnership: Partnerships with international players and trying to reach newer & unexplored destinations have helped InterGlobe Aviation to expand its reach worldwide.
- Increase in Domestic Tourism: Since InterGlobe Aviation has a low cost for travelling, the middle class and lower middle class will also access the airways which increase the demand.
Threats to InterGlobe Aviation
Threats are the areas the company has to keep in consideration while making decisions. And be conscious of the threat to the company.
- High Competition: InterGlobe Aviation has a series of competition in domestic and worldwide competitors who alter according to the customer’s choice and preferences. This might affect the business of InterGlobe Aviation.
- Costing: The main expense of the aeroplane is the cost of fuel. The prices keep fluctuating every day, and InterGlobe Aviation charges low prices for travelling, managing these expenses is a serious threat.
- Pandemic Situations: The aviation industry has seen a dramatic drop in demand for air transport from passengers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Many people’s jobs in the air transport sector were at stake during a pandemic.
- Terrorist Attack: The threat posed by terror groups hangs over all airlines as well as aeroplane manufacturers.
- Government Regulations: Emission regulations and many other government rules directly or indirectly affect the airline company.
This ends our detailed SWOT analysis of InterGlobe Aviation. Let us conclude our learnings below.
To survive in the practical market, InterGlobe Aviation had to pay more attention to all of the key players, because firms from all over the world are playing the best part in the market, and most of the companies are giving goods at the lowest rates and best values to the clients.
As we know, the market condition changes as time passes by, much like a test, a reference, or a trend that shifts regularly. As a result, a company must acquire the greatest technology to gain greater market share in the present and future. With the help of digital platforms and digital marketing, the company would be able to accustom to the changing trends and gain a foothold. Being well-versed in digital marketing is a requirement for all marketing enthusiasts in today’s shifting scene, which is vital. If you want to learn more and improve your skills, check out IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of InterGlobe Aviation has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of InterGlobe Aviation, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of InterGlobe Aviation in the comments section below.