Previously we saw SWOT Analysis of Body Shop, this time we will look at the SWOT analysis of Godrej Consumer Products Limited.
Godrej Consumer Products Limited Company is a leading consumer goods company in India. The company operates in personal and household care products in the domestic and international markets. The name of the company is known by the surname of the company founder itself. Godrej company turnover of FY2020 is 54.74 mentions the value in billion Indian rupees.
Godrej has created a strong brand identity and visibility with the help of proper marketing. In today’s corporate world marketing is an effective tool that can change the picture of a brand. To learn more about marketing and its digital aspect, do check out Free Digital Marketing Masterclass by Karan Shah the CEO and the founder of IIDE.
To better understand the reasons behind the success of Godrej and its expansion in various sectors, let’s look at the SWOT analysis of Godrej Consumer Products Limited.
About Godrej Consumer Products Limited
The Godrej Group is an Indian group established in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company was founded by Ardeshir Godrej and Pirojasha Godrej in 1897. Godrej is the first company to develop the manufacture to make soap from Vegetable Oil. In the wide FMCG industry across India, Godrej Consumer Products is the topmost leading company. It was initially a soap company known as Godrej Soaps Limited and later wad demerged into Godrej Consumer Products Limited.
GCPL department is likely to focus on inventing new products, improving their standards and research, and making the raw materials cheaper.
Quick Stats about Godrej Consumer Products Limited:
|Founder||B.R. Vysaray Achar|
|No. of Employees||2768 (2020)|
|Market Cap||96322.20 Cr (2021)|
|Annual Revenue||10,023 Cr (2020)|
|Net Income/ Profit||1399.63 Cr (2020)|
Products offered by Godrej Consumer Products Limited:
GCPL provides products in various product lines which are as follows:
- Hair Colourants
- Liquid Detergents
Competitors of Godrej Consumer Products Limited:
Being in the consumer industry, Godrej faces high competition. Some of the major competitors are:
- Johnson & Johnson
- HUL Hindustan Unilever Limited
SWOT Analysis of Godrej Consumer Products Limited
1. Strengths of Godrej Consumer Products Limited
Strengths are things an organization excels at, which provides it an advantage over those of its competitors.
- Strong Brand Portfolio– Godrej Consumer Products Limited Company is the topmost leading company with a broad company portfolio in the FMCG industry.
- Loyal Customer Base– Godrej Consumer Products has a strong market position in the market with the products like soaps, hair color, hand sanitizers as well. There are 100 customer trusted products in the market. The Godrej Company can make a presence in customers. as they have their customer presence in 60 countries.
- Innovation– The GCPL is a very innovative company and always search for a broad portfolio by spreading the globally, with the revenue near $6
- Strong Reach– The Godrej consumer products limited company has a big geographical reach all over the world, has a quality consumer base, conserve and maintain a strong brand identity in every place.
2. Weaknesses of Godrej Consumer Products Limited
Weaknesses reflect in which parts the organization needs to improve and what practices should it avoid.
- Low Market Share– The weakness of Godrej consumer product company is lack of market share and scale because the competitors of the GCPL have strong finance to diverse to different sectors easily.
- Heavy Competition– Godrej Consumer Products has excessive competition from huge private players and other international brands.
- Limitation on Expansion- The Godrej consumer company business has experienced a leave of financial and technical capital, which the company has limited its capability to expand its service domestically location and worldwide era.
3. Opportunities of Godrej Consumer Products Limited
Opportunities are external factors that can contribute in the growth of an organization if worked upon at the right time.
- Multi-dimensional – The Godrej Consumer Products Limited company is a multidimensional company as they have a presence in over 60 countries. They have inorganic expansion.
- Technology– The ruler market is expanding fast because of technology as the Godrej Consumer Products company can maintain and supply the products to the ruler; it gets capitalized hence the company can improve its bottom line of marketing.
- Increasing Demand– As the lifestyle of the people increases, there would be a change in demand for the products, hence the increase in the demand for the product is the increase of purchasing rate.
- Expansion Opportunity – Godrej consumer company business has the window of opportunity of expanding demand for amusement parks in the United States of America by getting into the U.S entertainment industries.
4. Threats of the Godrej Consumer Products Limited
Threats are potential harms that a company might face hindering its growth, but they can be prevented by proper identification and strategic planning.
- High Competition – The Godrej Consumer products company faces consequential competition from the worldwide era and domestic rivals in supplementary to quickly changing the pattern of show business and also the consumer preferences. by these factors, the company has the chance to lose the brand identity of the company and also the position of ley player.
- Regulations– The business can also be reduced by FDI in retail for the GCPL company.
- Sector Unorganized Competition – The competition of unbranded and local brands is also a major threat that reduces the margin, for the Godrej Products.
- Rivalry – The Godrej consumer company business fights with an increased danger of having a chance of to make duplication of the company products and duplication of company model by numerous rivals. The business model has its core of strengths of the business and has the main reason for the company’s success.
Godrej has needed to give more attention to all the major players to survive in the practical market because the company’s from worldwide are playing the best role in the market also most of the companies are providing goods at the least prices and best values to the customers.
As the days go on the market condition also changes like a test, reference, a trend which take changes regularly, for that company should need to acquire best (topmost) technology to attain more market share in the present as well as in future. The company needs to adapt to trends and increase its reach by using digital channels and digital marketing. If you are interested in digital marketing, IIDE offers multiple short-term certified courses which can be completed in a few days.
If you enjoyed reading the case study and would like to read more such case studies, do check out the IIDE Knowledge portal.
Thank you for taking the time to read the case study, do let us know your views on it in the comments section below.