The blog was previously written by our virtual interns on the in-depth case study of Dabur which include marketing strategy and also SWOT analysis of Dabur. However, this particular blog full-fledged pays attention to granting the SWOT analysis of Dabur.
Dabur India is a household name in the natural foods and ayurvedic industry, and a company that is famous for its marketing efforts. Based on the background of around 135 years of experience and quality, Dabur India Limited is one of the largest Ayurvedic and natural health care companies in the world with a product range of more than 250+ herbal & ayurvedic items.
Wonder how Dabur captured a huge portion of the market? The answer is Dabur’s marketing strategies. And in its marketing strategy, digital marketing has played a vital role.
Digitally marketing products in the right way has been considered to be the new normal. Digital marketing is a new unique way that people look out for to market their products. Digital marketing includes websites, channels, and the internet in general. To know and learn more regarding the same, check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by Karan Shah, CEO, and Founder of IIDE.
Before we get started with the SWOT Analysis of Dabur, let’s first look up at the firm, its products and services, and its competitors.
(Image of the Founder S.K Burman & The Current CEO Mr Mohit Malhotra of Dabur India, Source: IIDE Creator)
Dabur India Ltd is an Indian customer items corporation, set up in 1884 via the means of S. K. Burman is centred in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. It manufactures Ayurvedic medicinal drug and herbal patron commodities and is certainly considered one of the most important patron items (FMCG) agencies in India. Dabur receives around 60% of its sales from the patron care enterprise, 11% from the meals enterprise, and the closing from the worldwide enterprise unit.
Internationally, Dabur’s goods enjoy a large reach and are available in more than 100 countries. Overseas revenue from Dabur today accounts for more than 27 per cent of the overall turnover.
|Founder||S. K. Burman|
|Origin||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|No. of Employees||7,740|
|Market Cap||Rs 83,697 Crore (2021)|
|Annual Revenue||Rs 8,813 Crore (2021)|
|Net Income/ Profit||Rs 1,444 Crore (2020)|
Products of Dabur
(Image of Dabur Range of Products, Source: Youtube)
- Personal care
- Health supplements
- Ayurvedic Medicine
Competitors of Dabur
- Changsha Hair Biological Tech
SWOT Analysis of Dabur
SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis is a technique used by the company to determine its competitive position, to form strategies and plans accordingly, and to achieve the organizational objective. A SWOT analysis of Dabur measures internal and external factors, as well as current and future possibilities.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of Dabur, refer to the infographic below:
Now first let’s begin with the strengths of the company from the SWOT analysis of Dabur:
Strengths of Dabur
- Lower Prices: The low-fee shape of Dabur makes it less difficult for producers to fabricate items or merchandise at lower prices after which promote it at a low fee withinside the markets.
- Website & E-commerce: Dabur has a well-functioning and connecting website that fascinates a massive quantity of site visitors and offers on e-commerce.
Bonus Tip: Digital marketing skills such as e-commerce management & WordPress website training by IIDE are high in demand among students because of the rise in the use of these methodologies by brands like Dabur and many more. So, if you also want to upskill yourself then IIDE 13+ short term courses in digital marketing will surely help you to enhance your knowledge.
- National Presence: It turned into setup withinside the year 1884 so it has a massive revel in on being and jogging the Indian Market. They have nice expertise in the Indian marketplace.
- Health Representer: It has a diverse product portfolio that includes fitness care merchandise, splendour merchandise, juices in addition to dental care merchandise. It is likewise one of the financially effective natural care brands in India.
- Market Share: Share per cent of Dabur India is excellent withinside the marketplace, it’s far on the pinnacle of many opponents.
- Wider Ratio: The ratio chain of Dabur India may be certainly considered one among their powers and family members to fulfilment.
Weakness of Dabur
- Rules & Regulations: The Indian rules are very extraordinary from the Western international wherein fruit juice is inebriated at some stage in breakfast.
- Effect of Cola Market: Dabur’s product Real Fruit Juice is luxurious in comparison to aerated drinks inclusive of Pepsi or Coca-Cola, and hence might not be willing in the direction of all consumers.
- Duplicacy: Many unbranded and duplicate products are being sold under the name of Dabur.
- International Toothpaste Competitors: Dabur not only has competition from local brands, but also international players like Colgate.
- Less Merchandise to Local Retails: Distant from it, Dabur has now no longer directed on increasing its merchandise through local retail stores.
Opportunities for Dabur
- Yoga & Ayurveda all over the World: Yoga and Hindu affiliation is proving greater power to the worldwide penetration of ayurvedic medicinal drug excessive humans have started to apprehend that Ayurvedic drugs as Dabur, Himalayas, and so on haven’t any terrible impact.
- Building Product Line: Dabur also can develop its product line to beautify the quantity of domestic care and splendour commodities.
- Recent Health Activities: The era of modernization and instant food has led to an unhealthy lifestyle, and people are forced to take ayurvedic medicines and supplements like Chyawanprash, Hajmola, etc.
- Demand in Foreign Market: Dabur products have an equally high demand in foreign markets.
- Introduction of Ayurvedic Beverages: Expansion of the product line and introducing ayurvedic beverages can boost their business.
Threats to Dabur
- Competition from MNC’s: Dabur faces stiff opposition from big MNC’s like ITC, HUL, Patanjali in the Indian marketplace and worldwide manufacturers.
- Entrance of Local Bodies: With an increasing trend of ayurvedic medicines and supplements, many local brands have also entered the market.
- Too Many Products: Dabur seeks the attention of customers by providing a variety of products, which also become a threat to the brand as many duplicates and unbranded goods are sold under the same name.
This ends our thorough SWOT analysis of Dabur. Let us conclude our learnings below.
Dabur is certainly considered one of the largest Indian providers of FMCG and ayurvedic/fitness merchandise. It has an international life on nearly all the international continents.
Dabur is regularly liable for empowering shoppers with unique Ayurvedic drugs and FMCG merchandise. Dabur has especially confronted the task of inflexible contention and due to its logo call and first-rate product, clients agree that Dabur offers a hundred per cent herbal merchandise, it has continuously withstood the issue.
Lastly, as you have read that big brands like Dabur are focusing on improving their marketing strategies. So, being well-versed in digital marketing is a requirement for all marketing enthusiasts in today’s shifting scene, which is vital. If you want to learn more and improve your skills, check out IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Dabur has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. You can also read our study on the elite business model of one of the competitors of Dabur which is ITC.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of Dabur, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of Dabur in the comments section below.