Last we looked into the marketing strategies of FedEx, this time let us learn about the SWOT Analysis of Blue Dart – an Indian logistical giant.
Blue Dart is a logistics company that provides delivery services, it is one among the foremost reliable of South Asia’s integrated transportation and premier categorical air & distribution firms. The company has an extensive distribution network across cities covering the whole of India.
The company has simplified the courier services and created an easy solution for people. Blue Dart was successful in creating its position due to efficient services and effective marketing skills. Marketing is a key factor in determining the success of any company. To learn more about the latest marketing techniques, do check out our Free Digital Marketing Masterclass by Karan Shah, the founder and the CEO of IIDE.
In this case study we will learn the SWOT Analysis of Blue Dart and how has it used its strengths and reduced its threats, but before that let’s learn more about the company and its history, services, competitors and more.
About Blue Dart
Blue Dart is an Indian courier delivery company started by Tushan Jani. It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company provides service of delivery of any kind of parcel in few days with different payment options including cash of delivery to capture every kind of customer.
The company has a large distribution network covering almost every city and country with 120,000 destinations.
Blue Dart and DHL came into a sales alliance agreement in 2002, and this relationship further grew stronger in 2005 when DHL acquired an 81.03% stake in Blue Dart.
Blue Dart has an online platform for tracking the package and keeping the customers updated before their package delivery. They also provide a safe and secure transmission by sending a security code to the receiver. The company has grown drastically from one country to across countries now. The company is growing exponentially and is on the verge of becoming a market leader globally.
Quick Stats about Blue Dart
|No. of Employees||12000 (2019)|
|Market Cap||INR 15710 Cr (2021)|
|Annual Revenue||INR 3292.36 Cr (2019)|
|Net Income/ Profit||INR 131.05 Cr (2019)|
Products and Services by HCL Infosystems
HCL Infosystems is a traditional company providing the following range of products:
- Track and Trace Service
- Smooth Delivery Service
Competitors of HCL Infosystems-
- Ecom Express
SWOT Analysis of Blue Dart
SWOT Analysis is an analytical tool that comprises of internal and external factors which help a company to identify its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. The company then can grab all incoming opportunities and can reduce its threats to get a competitive advantage.
1. Strengths of Blue Dart
Strengths are the advantages that the company has over its competitors. Let’s look at some of the strengths of Blue Dart.
- Branding – Blue Dart has a strong branding image and brand equity.
- Global Presence- It has a global presence with its services in over 220 countries, the company is globally recognized.
- Advanced Technology– It has smart truck technology with “intelligent” pick-up, route planning technologies
- Extensive Network– Blue Dart has the most extensive domestic networking which covers over 21,000 locations.
- Marketing– Good advertisement and visibility to reach out to maximum people in a creative way.
2. Weaknesses of Blue Dart
Weaknesses are factors that need to be worked on to strengthen the company.
- Less Visibility– Blue Dart is lesser know when the comparison is made to global players on a higher level. It needs to work on its brand visibility by focusing on its marketing.
- Lack of Proper Training– Lack of training to courier and delivery people who directly meet the customer is a problem as they are the face of the company.
3. Opportunities of Blue Dart
Opportunities are external factors that can strengthen the company if grabbed at the right time and worked on properly.
- Global Expansion – Blue Dart can expand on a global level and aim for better penetration.
- Diversification– The rural areas of India are having an increase in logistics, the company can expand its services to villages and rural areas.
- Increase in Trade – Rise in trade around the globe in manufacturing goods will lead to an increase in the transportation of goods leading to an increase in business of Blue Dart.
4. Threats of Blue Dart
Threats are potential harms that can affect the company if not waved off correctly as early as possible.
- Political Situations– Bad economic & Scenario related to politics
- Fuel Prices – The hike in prices of fuel is a serious threat for the company as its whole business depends on fuel and road transportation.
- Different Regulations – Set of Rules and Regulations are different in different countries resulting in delayed operations and deliveries.
So this was the SWOT analysis of Blue Dart, it is a great approach to analyze the current situation of any business and make use of them to further improve and grow the business.
Blue Dart is a globally growing company with a great distribution network all over the world. The company has an advanced technology system to properly function its services. It needs to work on its visibility and expansion in rural areas to become a leader in the logistics industry.
Its services have reached countries across borders which is due to its efficient functioning and great marketing skills. Marketing has evolved a lot with time, and in today’s world digital marketing is the new trend that is helping the company level up its marketing game. If this interests you, you should learn how to create impactful and targeted digital marketing campaigns by learning the up and coming field that is taking the world by storm. All you have to do is be a part of IIDE’s Online Digital Marketing Course which upskills you in all aspects of the rising digital marketing field.
If you enjoyed reading this case study and want to read more such studies on different companies, do check out the IIDE Knowledge portal.
Thank you for taking the time to read this case study, do let us know your views about it in the comment section below.