Previously we saw the Marketing Strategies of Youtube, today we will look at the SWOT Analysis of Asahi India Glass Limited- the glass solution of India.
Asahi India Glass Ltd. provides solutions for the manufacturing of glass, processing, fabrication, and installation services. They serve in domestic and international markets as well.
The company has a strong market presence, it can further improvise it by using different digital marketing strategies and by building a strong online presence. Digital marketing is the need of the hour and is essential for the growth of any business. To know more about digital marketing and its different aspects, do check out Free Digital Marketing Masterclass by Karan Shah the founder and CEO of IIDE.
In this blog, we will look at the SWOT analysis of Asahi India Glass but before that let’s know more about the company.
About Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Asahi India Glass Ltd. (Asahi India Glass Ltd.) is India’s leading integrated glass solutions company, providing the right blend between daylight and energy saving, visual and thermal comfort, technology, and sensitivity, along with state-of-the-art glass manufacturing plants. It deals both in automotive and architectural glasses. Acquiring over 70% share in the Indian automotive glass industry. Asahi India Glass Ltd. aims at introducing an age of Green Buildings to support sustainability and contribute to the environment.
3 SBUs of Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Asahi India Glass Ltd. majorly has divided its business into 3 Strategic business units (SBUs).
- Asahi India Glass Ltd. Automotive Glass SBU
- Asahi India Glass Ltd. Consumer Glass SBU
- Asahi India Glass Ltd. Architectural Glass SBU
Dealing in production and delivery of next-generation glass products. Asahi India Glass Ltd. goes ahead in providing solutions to retail and institutional patrons as well.
|Origin||New Delhi, India|
|No. of Employees||1042|
|Market Cap||1031 Lakhs (2021)|
|Annual Revenue||2,85,851 Lakhs (2019)|
|Net Income/ Profit||50,218 Lakhs (2019)|
Services Provided by Asahi India Glass Limited
Following are the products offered by Asahi:
- Architectural Glass
- Automotive Glass
- Consumer Glass
Competitors of Asahi Glass Limited:
Some of Asahi’s top competitors are as follows:
- Saint Gobain
- Hind Nat Glass
- HAI Advanced Material Specialists, Inc.
- Tekna Plasma Systems Inc.
SWOT Analysis of Asahi India Glass Limited
SWOT analysis is a simple but useful strategic planning tool that helps any company to do a situational analysis of the organization.
It is a useful technique or framework for analyzing the present Strengths (S), Weaknesses (W), Opportunities (O) & Threats (T) that any company is facing in its current business environment.
1. Strengths of Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Strengths are internal factors of the company which make them stand ahead of its competitors. Let’s look at some of the strengths of Asahi Glass India Limited:
- Sustainability –Asahi India Glass Ltd. enables an age of Green Buildings, supporting a truly sustainable future. They follow a structured and documented system of best practices in the environment. They invest in empowering the processes with new technologies by sustained focus on powering cost and operational efficiencies targeting the development of energy-efficient and environment-friendly products.
- Wide Reach- Asahi India Glass Ltd. has successfully captured its place and position as India’s leading glass manufacturing company. From being a single product single customer company, Asahi India Glass Ltd. now is a world-class glass manufacturer with 12 plants or sub-assembly units.
- Training and Development- Asahi India Glass Ltd. works on the principle that working and learning go hand-in-hand. Challenging work they have is what makes it rewarding. Every employee is allowed to learn things while working, to develop, and to become better. Right from on-the-job learning, in-house training, external courses, they have mentoring schemes as well. This gives an increasingly positive impact on the organization, the community, and the environment at large.
- Best Glasses- Asahi India Glass Ltd. is one of the best glass manufacturing companies and has been positioned as one of the Safe Glass and High Quality and Innovative Glasses. It is the dominant player in both automotive and building and construction segments.
2. Weaknesses of Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Weaknesses are the areas where a company can improve and build on its competitive advantage and strategic positioning over the other competitors.
- Global Competition- Asahi India Glass Ltd. is one of the top global manufacturers in the Glass manufacturing industry and has to face a lot of global competition.
- Implementation of Technology – Asahi Glass having integrated technology in the backend process, still has not been able to utilize the power of technology in the front-end processes.
3. Opportunities of Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Opportunities are external factors that contribute to the growth of the company if identified and grabbed at the correct time.
- Expansion in Global Markets– Globalization has led to opportunities in the international market. Asahi Glass is in a chief position to tap on those golden opportunities and grow the niche/market share. Growth in the international market can also aid Asahi Glass to diversify the risk as it will be less dependent on the domestic market for profit and earning.
- Artificial Intelligence Development- Asahi Glass should work on bringing developments in artificial intelligence to better predict what the consumer demands, serve niche segments, and make even better recommendation engines in the future.
- Innovation and Technology- Keeping in mind the current situation and increasing consumer demand, Asahi India Glass Ltd. even after building a digital platform, needs to focus on innovation.
4. Threats of Asahi India Glass Ltd.
Threats are the external factors and dynamics that can affect the business model of Asahi Glass India Ltd. some of them currently are-
- Threats of New Entrants- As Asahi Glass can leverage the low cost of reaching customers using social media and e-commerce, so can the competitors – both local and international competitors.
- US-China Trade Relations- Asahi Glass has concentrated and targeted China for its next phase of growth. However, there is growing tension between US-China trade relations and it can lead to protectionism, more friction into international trade, rising costs both in terms of labor cost and cost of doing business.
Asahi India Glass Ltd. is driven to market-leading innovations providing the right blend between daylight and energy saving, visual comfort and thermal comfort, technology, and sensitivity, enabling an age of Green Buildings and the dawn of a truly sustainable future.
Also for automotive glasses, Asahi India Glass Ltd. has started Windshield Experts, India’s first and only specialist in automotive glass repair and replacement. Windshield Experts provide fast, world-class guaranteed service at an affordable price to customers and follow international safety standards for car glass repair and replacement. Stil it has to work a lot harder to fight back the new entrants and other threats with the available opportunities.
Having a digital presence has become a must for companies in today’s world. This requires Digital marketing skills. If you are excited to learn and become a professional in this field, do check out the world-class courses offered by IIDE at the postgraduate level.
If you want to read more such blogs on different companies, do check out the IIDE Knowledge portal.
Thank you for reading the blog, do let us know your views on the same in the comments section below.