In the previous blog, we had done explicit research on the SWOT analysis of Red Bull – the world’s leading energy drink. In the article, we are going to break down the SWOT analysis of andMe – India’s First Brand that focuses attention on Women’s Health.
The aim is to assist you to attain a better understanding of andMe startup. As individuals are becoming increasingly conscious of matters related to health, fitness, and diet.
Another feature that made andMe a success is its marketing strategies. As the world goes online marketing is changing and if you are interested in learning about the latest strategies go through our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by the CEO and Founder of IIDE, Karan Shah.
In this case study, we will learn about the SWOT Analysis of andMe. But first, let us know about the company and the product better.
A women’s health and wellness brand, andMe focuses on solving women’s functional needs across menstrual health, fitness, beauty, and wellness. andMe is Women’s first, solution-driven, research-led company to serve the needs of women in a unique and helpful way.
At present, andMe has over one lakh consumers and has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from US-based private equity investment Matrix Partners India. It is present in more than 600 retail stores across five cities in India.
The andMe products are available on online platforms such as Amazon, BigBasket, Nature’s Basket, and Flipkart. The startup’s product includes health drinks for women, including a range of PMS drinks. The products help women during their cramps, bloating, mood swings, PCOS, and much more. The andMe products have no preservative, no sugar, and no artificial flavours; it has scientifically proven ingredients and is co-created with health experts. The products are trusted by more than 2.5 lakh women.
andMe also retails a drink for PCOS aimed at hormonal balance, and a range of beauty products focussing on healthy hair and skin. andMe understands that women have different health and nutritional needs and have less time for self-care. The startup offers drinks with five Ayurvedic herbs, 12 vitamins and minerals, and two to four fruits and vegetables.
|Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|No. of Employees
|Net Income/ Profit
Products of andMe
andMe focuses on solving women’s functional needs across menstrual health, fitness, beauty, and wellness and deals in
- Healthcare products
- Food and Drink
Competitors of andMe
andMe is competing with many brands and competition motivates a company to be the best in their fields. The top brands that are competing with andMe are
- Inner Being
- Detox Water
As now we have a better understanding of andMe, let’s look into the SWOT Analysis of andMe.
SWOT Analysis of andMe
Carrying out a detailed SWOT Analysis of andMe helps in finding its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Understanding internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and threats. SWOT analysis helps in forming correct objectives and plans for the future.
So let us go ahead and first have a glance at the strengths of andMe from the SWOT analysis of andMe.
Strengths of andMe
Strengths represent everything that an organization is good at and why it sets them apart from the competition. They are the internal and positive attributes of any company. andMe’s strengths are
- Women-centric Products: It mainly focuses on wellness for women and problems like UTI, period cramps, and much more andMe caters to a large number of women.
- Vegan Products: Its products are vegan and have no side effects it is made of all-natural and organic products and vegan products have great scope in the market in upcoming years.
- Natural Products: A number of people are now switching to herbal and ayurvedic products. A large number of people will prefer buying Ayurveda products and the company products are natural.
- Trusted Brand: The brand is trusted by more than 2.5+ Lakh women and it is increasing.
- Free Consultation: andMe provides a free consultation from women’s health experts. women can consult experts and solve their problems related to health. The free consultation strategy is helping andMe to generate a more customer base.
- E-commerce: andMe has an E-commerce advantage over its competitors. All of its products are available on all e-commerce websites and are easily available to customers.
Weaknesses of andMe
Weaknesses pull an organization back from performing at its best. They are the negative internal factors that weaken business strengths. A few drawbacks or weaknesses of andMe are
- Limited Presence: andMe is a brand that has zero International appeal it has mainly restricted itself to the Indian market. andMe products have a limited presence in the market and have to level up their game in the field of marketing their products. andMe should start engaging with people on the internet and make a presence in the market.
- High Vulnerability to Raw Materials: There is a high vulnerability to the raw materials which are seasonal in nature and hence the inaccessibility of raw materials adds to the restriction in the manufacturing of goods and also adds to the cost of the food and the raw materials need to be over cultivated and kept in storage to be preserved.
- Excessive Product Offerings: andMe has way too many products in its portfolio. Some products of andMe are profitable whereas other products of andMe fail to accomplish any revenue. andMe should put more focus on eliminating the products that are not profitable and fail to accomplish the revenue.
- On Lower Margins: andMe operates on low-profit margins, and as a result of this, they are unable to offer their distributors attractive margins. andMe should emphasize increasing the margins to offer attractive offers to the customers that will enable high profits.
Opportunities for andMe
Opportunities are the factors that provide an organization with a chance to edge over others. They are the external factors that can contribute to the success of any company. Certain opportunities that andMe has:
- Demand for Natural Products: A number of people are now switching to organic and natural products and demand for these products is increasing day by day. andMe should cater to the needs of organic & natural products, increase its revenue and make a presence in it.
- Global Expansion: The global markets provide a fertile ground for a company like andMe that has products with a combination of modern nutrition science and ayurvedic herbs.
- Demand for Healthy Products: The demand for healthy products is increasing as people are becoming more health freaks hence andMe should focus more on healthy products and offer more healthy drinks to the customer. Healthy products have a lot of scope in the market after the recent pandemic.
- Technology Benefits: In this changing world, technology benefits in many ways, it helps in improving marketing. The production and delivery process of products can be used to combine innovation into andMe. It can reduce costs, improve efficiency, and lead to the rapid adoption of innovative products.
Threats to andMe
Threats are the factors that can affect an organization in a harmful way. These are the external factors over which no company has control. A couple of andMe’s threats are
- Increasing Competition: The competition is increasing gradually as organic and natural products are in demand and are creating a competitive space in the market.
- New Entrants: A bunch of new entrants have entered the market and are gaining market share by absorbing the market share of existing companies. andMe faces a threat because these new entrants may steal its customers.
- Inventory Costs are High: The company andMe has a high shoot-up cost because the manufacturing cost is high as it involves a giant investment to harvest the crops and hence the inventory costs are huge.
- Negative Reviews: The negative publicity of the product on social media may affect the brand and can create a huge impact on andMe products. It should focus on creating a good impact on the customers through social media.
- High Cost of Products: There is a financial crisis in the world and with products being expensive the consumers need a lot of push to understand the importance and benefits of the products so that they can use the products.
This ends our elaborated SWOT analysis of andMe. Let us conclude our learning below.
andMe is empowering women’s health. In the SWOT Analysis of andMe, we observed that the centre of attraction of the company andMe is women. The products are vegan ayurvedic and natural and these products are high in demand and therefore increase the competition.
With increasing competition in a saturated market such as natural products are left to battle it out by winning over their customer’s loyalty with better marketing campaigns. In a changing world where everything is going online, digital marketing is of utmost importance, being well versed in the field is a must for all marketing enthusiasts. If you’re curious about learning more and upskilling, inspect IIDE’s Online Digital Marketing Course to understand more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of andMe has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of andMe, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of andMe in the comments section below.