In our last blog, we had done a complete SWOT analysis of Swisscom, in this article, we are going to talk about the SWOT Analysis of AGC Networks – the internationally trusted and leading IT service provider.
Our main aim is to give you a detailed overview and analysis of the history, services provided, growth, etc of the company. AGC networks represent some of the best digital technology solutions, data centres, IT, digital transformation and application service providers. By the end of the blog, you will have a better understanding of the SWOT Analysis of AGC Networks.
Other than quality services, the company grew greatly because of the digital marketing nack applied wisely. With growing digitalisation and the importance of digital media, digital marketing helps a lot to maximise the gains of a company. Youths are more interested in the digital appearance of the company/brand. Eager to know more about digital marketing? Check out our free master class on Digital marketing 101 by CEO and founder of IIED, Karan Shah.
In this case study, we will learn about the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks. But first, let us know about the company and the product better.
About AGC Networks
AGC Networks and the Black box is a global digital solutions provider. Its expertise services in unified communications, cyber security, architecting, managing and securing customer IT and communications infrastructure etc. AGC has more than 8000 customers in 30+ countries.
Want to know the interesting back story of this leading company? Well, here it is. AGC Networks was envisioned and promoted by Tata Telecom. Ltd in 1986. There were further progressions in the partnership around 1996.
In 2000, the joint venture of Tata Telecom and Lucent Technologies came to be known as Tata Avaya. It was in 2004 that Avaya bought the TATA stakes in the company and it was named Avaya Global connect. Later in 2010 it was acquired by Essar and renamed AGC Networks. It expanded its work and services globally, in North America.
From 2014 to date, AGC has gone on to expand its services by acquiring various integrated solutions like Black Box, Fujisoft, Zservices, etc. Sanjeev Verma is currently the CEO and Executive director of AGC Networks.
|No. of Employees||3500-4000+|
|Market Cap||Rs 2,595.50 Crore (2022)|
|Annual Revenue||Rs 4,994 Crore (2020)|
|Net Income/ Profit||Rs 1389.24 (2020)|
Services by AGC Networks
AGC networks are like a backbone for technological updates and requirements. Some types of services are:
- Guardian support services
- Managed services
- Professional services
- G-Soc and G-Noc
Competitors of AGC Networks
Here are the top 5 competitors of AGC Networks
Now that we know important facts about AGC Networks, we can look into the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks.
SWOT Analysis of AGC Networks
SWOT analysis examines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that a firm faces. SWOT Analysis is a tried-and-true tool that enables a company like AGC Networks to compare its business and performance to that of its competitors.
It will give us a strategic analysis of its internal and external environment, which is crucial for understanding the SWOT Analysis of AGC Networks.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks, refer to the infographics below:
Below is an explicit guide to the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks.
Strengths of AGC Networks
AGC Networks has numerous strengths that help it to thrive in the marketplace. Some of the strengths of AGC Networks are
- Geographic Expansion: AGC Networks provides services globally. They are spread all across 30+ countries including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and SAARC countries.
- Technology Partners: The technological partners of AGC play a vital role in the growth of the company. Some of the partners are, Avaya, Aruba networks, CISCO, Microsoft, McAfee, Oracle, etc.
- Recognition: AGC network is one of the leading service providers in its field. It represents various top brands in digital transformation and applications, making it a highly recognised brand itself.
- Innovation: AGC has always strived to innovate its services as per consumer and market needs. It is the biggest strength as changes and innovations are needed to be done continuously to catch up with the market.
- Only ICT Providers: Sify is the only company focused on internet Protocol-based data services over a Tier 1 telecom backbone infrastructure in India. The core competence comes from the technologies that manage, monitor, and deliver services over such a network.
- Constant Developments: Sify also developed the most extensive range of managed enterprise services, solutions, and applications. With millions of man-hours spent gaining expertise and experience in delivering Internet Protocol-based services, their standards are industry benchmarked and innovation constant.
- Strong Team of Employees: AGC Networks consists of a team of more than 4,000 employees who work rigorously to enable effectiveness in their client’s business and inject technology operation into it.
- High level of Client Satisfaction: AGC Networks has a customer-focused approach. It has loyalty programs for its clients. Clients are loyal because of its customer-focused approach. It has a good environment for employees and a shift in culture that is guided by the management.
Weaknesses of AGC Networks
Weaknesses are aspects of a business or brand that can be worked upon. Here are some of the weaknesses of AGC Networks:
- Replacing Expert Employees: AGC networks have expert employees, which are an asset to the company. But today, or in future, if need be, it will be difficult to replace them. Replacing will have to be done at higher costs.
- Decreased Stakes of Promoters: Promoters of AGC Networks are reducing their shareholdings in the company. This decreased stakes of promoters is a weakness for the company’s shares.
- Lack of Coordination: Due to several sectors working simultaneously there can be a lack of communication and coordination in teams. AGC Networks has been trying to serve several mid-size companies as well but faces stiff competition which can further lead to slower growth.
- Investment in R&D: AGC Networks has not been able to compete with the leading players in the industry in terms of innovation and R&D. It has come across as a mature firm looking forward to bringing out products based on tested features in the market.
Opportunities for AGC Networks
Opportunities are potential areas of focus for a company to improve results, increase sales, and, ultimately, profit. Some of the opportunities for AGC Networks are
- Emerging Markets: Due to the engaging global market with globalisation. This brings out the greatest opportunities for managing the data like transactions, details, history, etc.
- Cloud Computing Technology: Using cloud computing technology made it easy to manage and handle the data. This helps in accessing data quickly and systematically.
- Increase in Digitalization: Increase in Digitalization leads to switching traditional businesses to digital businesses thus leading to more clients and opportunities for expanding business.
- Expanding Customer Base: AGC Networks can gain from the acquisition of smaller consulting and financial companies by expanding its customer base.
- Attract and Retain Talent: Everybody looks forward to working at firms where employees have a good working environment, AGC Networks can use it to select the best human resource available.
Threats to AGC Networks
Threats are environmental factors that can be harmful to a company’s growth. The following are some of AGC Networks’ threats:
- Exposure to Foreign Markets: Globalisation brings opportunities, but at the same time, it also brings a threat of being replaced by a foreign business.
- Bigger MNCs Entering India: Entering big size multinational companies into the domestic market will lead to grabbing the attention of the clients. Hence, it will be hard for a domestic company to sustain its standing in front of big companies.
- Lack of Visibility: AGC Networks is not that visible as compared to its competitors in the market, so this leads to a decrease in clients’ reliability.
- Government Policies: Government Policies are the major factors that affect the business of a company like AGC Networks.
- Strong Competitors: There are lots of competitors in the market. When there is already competition from established players in the industry, then ultimately it will continue to diminish AGC Networks’ market share.
- Knowledge Centres: This can have a counter effect on consulting firms’ business when firms constitute their in-house knowledge centres.
This ends our elaborative SWOT analysis of AGC Networks. Let us conclude our learning below.
AGC Networks is a well-reputed company that is a trusted one among business clients in the world. In the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks, we learnt that it has reached the markets of its nation but is still facing the problem of marketing its products internationally due to fewer funds and inefficient financial planning.
With increasing competition in such markets, companies need to do better digital marketing efforts. In today’s world, people need to know more about the marketing aspects used to boost the company’s growth. If you are intrigued with the above piece of information in learning more and upskilling, check out the Online Digital Marketing Course by IIDE to know more.
We hope this blog on the SWOT Analysis of AGC Networks has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you enjoy in-depth company research just like the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study of the SWOT analysis of AGC Networks in the comments section below.