In our previous article, we learned in detail about the marketing strategy of Bayer CropScience.
In this article, we are going to elaborate on the marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem – India’s leading chemical manufacturer.
The objective is to help you gain insights into Sharda Cropchem’s transition from being a chemical producer company to becoming one of the most recognized and respected brands in India.
A crucial component of a company’s DNA that can make or ruin it is marketing. As users across the world go digital now, marketing has followed them to the digital realm as well.
If you are interested in new-age digital marketing, then you should check IIDE’s Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 by our CEO and Founder, Karan Shah.
Without wasting any of your time, let’s begin the marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem by first knowing the story of the company.
About Sharda Cropchem –
Source – shardacanada.ca
The business was the idea of Mr R. V. Bubna, a Chemical Engineer from IIT, Bombay, with a 45-year working experience in the chemical industry. Along with Mrs Sharda R. Bubna, Mr R. V. Bubna commenced the business through their sole proprietorship concerns, namely, M/s. Sharda International, 1987 and M/s. Bubna Enterprises – 1989, respectively (with the “Sole Proprietary Concerns”).
In 2004, Sharda Global Exports Private Limited was established. The businesses of the Sole Proprietary Concerns consist of the manufacture and export of dyes, dye intermediates, pesticides, agrochemicals, and V-Belts, which were transferred to Sharda Worldwide Exports Private Limited w.e.f April 1, 2004, on an “as is and where is basis”.
On September 6, 2013, the Company’s name was changed to Sharda Cropchem Private Limited. After that on September 18, 2013, it transformed into a public limited company with the name Sharda Cropchem Limited (the “Company”).
The company currently holds a dominant position in the market for generic crop protection chemicals and is a rapidly expanding global provider of agrochemicals. It made deep inroads in highly developed markets such as the European and US markets which are characterized as high entry barrier markets. It also has a significant presence in other regulated markets such as LATAM and the Rest of the World.
Quick Stats –
|CEO||Mr Ramprakash V. Bubna|
|Area Served||80 Countries|
|Market Revenue||Rs 1,020.04 Crore|
Marketing Strategy of Sharda Cropchem –
The first factor that we will look into in the marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem is its STP Analysis.
Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Leading global generic agrochemical firm Sharda Cropchem Ltd is responsible for the marketing and international distribution of a broad range of formulations and generic active ingredients. It is well-established in the developed economies of the US and Europe.
- The company is capable of providing a wide range of products to its customers. Its product portfolio in the agrochemical business comprises formulations and generic active ingredients in fungicide, herbicide, and insecticide segments for protecting the different kinds of crops as well as serving turf and speciality markets and in the biocide segments such as the disinfectants thereby allowing us to offer a varied range of formulations and generic active ingredients.
- It has also entered regulated marketplaces in LatAm and other parts of the world (RoW). The corporation only holds 2% to 3% of the total volume of business from India.
- Its revenue is divided geographically into four markets: Europe, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Latin America, and the Rest of the World. Agrochemicals and non-agrochemicals are its two business verticals.
- It is actively looking for new items and chances for registration.
- As soon as these chances are discovered, the procedure to request registration from the local authorities is started. To further reduce the risk of sourcing, the entire manufacturing of the products is contracted out to suppliers in China. Given that it has no investment in land, plant, or equipment for research and production activities, it is able to retain an asset-light model.
- The Company has an extensive distribution network of third-party distributors also had set up its own sales force in various countries in Europe and Mexico, Colombia, South Africa, and India.
- The Target audience is chemical users and the agriculture industry.
- Sharda Cropchem is positioned as a rapidly expanding international agrochemicals business that holds a competitive position in the market for generic crop protection chemicals.
- Sharda Cropchem does not use marketing campaigns to promote its products.
- Diversified Sourcing Arrangements Enduring relationships with multiple manufacturers and formulators enables the Company to source and supply formulations or generic active ingredients at competitive prices consistently increasing its Global Presence with its diversified range of product portfolios, the company has grown by expanding its business operations in 80+ countries, across Europe, NAFTA, Latin America, and the Rest of the World Wide-spread Distribution Network Presence in the entire agrochemical value chain with 500 third-party distributors and 400+ sales force serving the Company’s esteemed clientele in 80+ countries Prudent and Professional Management.
- The Company’s apt domain knowledge and experience give a substantial competitive advantage for expanding its business in existing markets and entering new geographies.
Social Media Marketing
- Linkedin – 4K followers
This company does not have any official social media handles except Linkedin. Much information regarding this company’s social media activity is not found.
Source – Ubersuggest
As per the SEO standards, a number of organic keywords less than 500 are considered bad, more than 1000 are considered good and more than 10,000 are considered amazing as seen in the image they have 2,224 organic keywords which are good.
Another important factor in analysing a good SEO strategy is the monthly visits, traffic of more than 20,000 is considered amazing but as seen they have only 3,541 monthly visits which are not so good.
- No social media campaigns were found for this company.
- No celebrity is found tied up with this brand as of now.
- Agrochemicals Focused Company Intellectual Property (IP) has driven the company to engage in the marketing and distribution of a wide range of formulations and generic active ingredients to its consumers.
For this company, no online strategy is found.
This company is a listed company and has huge shareholders and investors. This company is into various other product productions making it recognized by major civil, construction, and industry sectors. Thus, making it not available on the e-commerce platform.
Content Marketing Strategies
As seen above Sharda Cropchem is not active and present on many social media platforms. But apart from social media, they do not have any other content marketing strategy like news releases, blogs or article about the company that helps their target audience to know more about them.
Content marketing strategy is a very important part of a good and effective marketing strategy as it helps build trust with the target audience by introducing to them what the company does and how it helps the customers.
So in order to market their product and brand widely among the customer base some kind of content marketing strategy is necessary.
This brings us to the conclusion of an informative marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem.
What’s Unique in the Marketing Strategy of Sharda Cropchem?
In conclusion, Sharda Cropchem possesses net cash, thus it is safe to state that it does not carry a significant amount of debt. The company is a Chemical company that helps the agricultural sector. The marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem is moderate. But with the increasing need and demand to market your product, the company should use content marketing or social media to build a good presence in the market. There is a scope for them to improve their SEO Strategy if they are not much active on social media.
For this company, we could not find any digital marketing which is the major drawback of the company. In this growing world, this company must have social media handles and digitalize its marketing. Marketing is one of the main pillars of any business, and the pillar is going through rapid change. The company must get into this sector as soon as possible. If you don’t want to face this drawback while scaling your business then the first step you should take is to start learning the new age marketing to target your specific audience.
And for that IIDE is the best institute to learn digital marketing as it is an award-winning institute for providing the best digital education. IIDE offers multiple courses like a 4-month online digital marketing course, an 11-month MBA in digital marketing course and short – term certification course to clear your concepts and basics. You can select any course based on your preferences and needs.
Hope this marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem has given you enough insight into the company. If you want to upskill your knowledge in digital marketing by reading such insightful marketing strategies of various companies then do look for IIDE Knowledge Portal and find many such case studies like the marketing strategy of Shrada Cropchem.
Thank you for your valuable time to read this, and do share your thoughts on this case study on the marketing strategy of Sharda Cropchem in the comments section.