In this article, we will talk about digital marketing statistics that you should know about. In order to get ahead of the competition, it is important to keep track of these statistics.
The digital marketing world is dynamic and evolving at a fast pace – this is why it is important to be up-to-date with the latest trends, technology, and statistics.
Whether it is SEO, email marketing, content marketing, social media, CRO marketing, or lead generation that you’re focused on – we’ve got a database of statistics just for you!
Without further ado, let’s get started.
1. SEO Statistics
Digital marketers are aware that SEO is one of the most important ways of generating leads and growing business. With very little investment, the results can be great. Here’s a list of the top statistics for SEO –
- 72% of digital marketers trust content creation as the most effective SEO marketing tactic (isitwp)
- 12% of search queries have a rich snipper on Google SERP (Ahrefs)
- 50% of all search queries are about 4 words (Propecta). You can use this to choose the right keyword strategy
- 90% of web pages get 0 traffic from Google (Databox)
- Google receives 5.6 million searches per day (Google)
Check out this SEO online course for some online sessions on SEO.
2. Social Media Statistics
Social media is a great way to engage your target audience and also for generating leads. Here’s a list of social media statistics –
- Facebook has 2.85 billion active users
- There are 2 billion active users on WhatsApp
- Instagram has a reach potential of 1.4 billion for their ads
- India alone has 350 million active Facebook users
Check out this social media online course to expand your social media knowledge.
3. Content Marketing Statistics
Content is king. We’re sure you’ve heard of this phrase. In any campaign, content marketing is extremely important as it puts forth your message and sets the foot for brand personality. Listed below are some important content marketing statistics –
- Over 45% of users view a company’s content before approaching them (source)
- Video marketing has come up as a more popular content marketing option than blogs (source)
- Podcasts are said to grow immensely, reaching more than 2 billion by 2023 (source)
- When compared to outbound marketing, it requires 3 times less investment and generates about 60% more leads (source)
Course Recommendation – Content marketing online course
4. Lead Generation Statistics
Lead generation is the process of converting potential clients who show an interest in your product or service into customers.
- More than 50% of marketers believe generating leads is one of their biggest challenges
- Outbound leads cost 40% more than inbound leads
- Only 4% of website visitors are ready to purchase. This means 96% are not.
- 25% of marketers are not well-informed of their conversion rates
Bonus Read – The Ultimate Guide to Lead Generation 2021
5. Advertising Statistics
Advertising is an important aspect of digital marketing as organic results can bring just a few conversions. For the sustainable growth of any company, ad spending is important. Listed below are some global digital marketing statistics for advertising –
- Global digital ad spending has reached $390 billion and is estimated to be 455 billion by the end of 2021.
- In 2020, Facebook’s ad spending reached a whopping $31 billion
- Display ads saw a rise of 22% in ad spending from 2019, reaching $61 billion in 2020.
Course Recommendation – Google Analytics online course
6. Ecommerce Statistics
Ecommerce has taken the forefront since the pandemic in 2020. It has been booming since many people who weren’t making purchases online, switched to buying online for safety reasons. Let’s have a look at some Ecommerce statistics –
- India alone had 40 million new shoppers online in the period 2020-2021
- By 2025, the Ecommerce industry in India is set to reach $55 billion
- Over 90% of online users have ordered something online
- The Ecommerce sector is set to contribute 25% of the country’s GDP by 2030
Course Recommendation – Ecommerce online course
7. Video Marketing Statistics
Video marketing is preferred over blogs and other forms of content marketing. Let’s have a look at some of the top video marketing statistics –
- 87% of marketers said they were satisfied with the ROI (returns on investment) with their video marketing efforts
- Video marketing can give you a 60% increase in leads
- Over 80% of video marketers said videos increase the average time spent on a webpage
- Adding a video on your landing page can boost the probability of conversion by 80%
8. Email Marketing Statistics
Email marketing is an age-old digital marketing technique and quite an effective one. Let’s have a look at some email marketing statistics to step up your email marketing game –
- 4 billion daily active users
- Only 1 in 5 emails are email optimized
- 70% of users can tell if an email is a spam by the subject line
- Personalized and segmented emails generate 6 times more transactions
- Over 70% of email marketers were satisfied with the ROI on email marketing
Course Recommendation – Email marketing online course
9. CRO Statistics
Conversion rate optimization marketing is important for any company to grow and sustain. Listed below are some CRO statistics for 2021 –
- The average use of artificial intelligence by marketers is said to increase by 190% by 2023
- The average ROI (returns on investment) for using CRO tools is 223%, making it a great investment
- About 46% of optimizers run 1-2 tests per month
Bonus Read – Everything you need to know about CRO Marketing
10. Marketing Technology Statistics
Let’s have a look at these marketing technology statistics –
- 51% of smartphone users said they would use a brand’s mobile app to avail an offer or discount and also they find it faster to make a purchase
- Mobile devices have contributed to about half of all the mobile web traffic
- 67% of marketers use marketing automation technologies
11. Sales Statistics
Digital is the future. Digital marketing has overtaken print and billboards for sales. Listed below are some sales statistics for 2021 –
- 98% of sales representatives have fulfilled targets through online selling using platforms such as LinkedIn
- About 8% of the local searches have led to a local sale within the day due to the proximity
- Online sales comprise 54% of all sales
Now that you’re well aware of some of the most important digital marketing statistics, tell us how you’re going to use it to your utmost advantage in the comments below.
To leverage these statistics with the right digital marketing skills & tools, train with industry experts in our 3-month online digital marketing course.
And if you’re a graduate looking to pursue digital marketing in the higher education space, get in touch with us to know more about this signature 11-month MBA in Digital Marketing – PG Program that we have to offer.