Are you looking for the SWOT analysis of Vedantu? In this article, we are going to break down the SWOT analysis of Vedantu – India’s most popular online tutoring platform.
The company’s name Vedantu is said to be derived from Sanskrit words Veda (knowledge) and Tantu (network). Vedantu is the second venture after Lakshya, a test preparation coaching company.
Vedantu is a LIVE Learning App for students. Here students can browse, discover and choose to learn from an online tutor. Also, Vedantu offers personalized learning courses for the little ones.
As Vedantu is all online, its success is derived efficiently using digital marketing techniques. And keeping yourself upgraded with the latest digital marketing trends by attending the Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101, hosted by Karan Shah, CEO and Founder of IIDE is very important. Book your seat now.
Now, right before we delve into the SWOT Analysis of Vedantu, let’s look at the background of the company, its founders, financial status, competitors and products.
(Founder & Co-founders of Vedantu, Source: IndianWeb2)
Founded in the year 2011 by 4 IIT-Alumni, Vamsi Krishna, Pulkit Jain, Saurabh Saxena & Anand Prakash. The birth of Vedantu happened to fill the educational gap which was presented in the offline education system. This online learning startup combined handpicked quality teachers to deliver engaging content to create a superior learning experience for students in the digital world.
Vedantu uses technology to bring together teachers and students on a single platform to enable live learning between them. The company has technology tools that enable teachers to provide teaching to students in an interactive manner using a whiteboard as well as audio and video technology.
|Founder||Vamsi Krishna, Pulkit Jain, Saurabh Saxena & Anand Prakash|
|Origin||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|No. of Employees||6,000+|
|Market Cap||$ 100 Million (2021)|
|Annual Revenue||Rs 35.8 Crore (2020)|
|Net Income/ Profit||Rs 10.44 Crore (2020)|
Products by Vedantu
- Online Courses
- 1-on-1 Classes
- Study Material
- Master Class
- Reading & Spoken English
Competitors of Vedantu
Now that we understand the company’s key business, let’s look after the SWOT Analysis of Vedantu.
SWOT Analysis of Vedantu
A SWOT Analysis is a summary of a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. This method allows an organization to get a clear picture of its current market position and compare its performance to its competitors.
To better understand the SWOT analysis of Vedantu, refer to the infographic below:
Now first let’s begin with the strengths of the company from the SWOT analysis of Vedantu.
Strengths of Vedantu
- Expert Tutors: One of the biggest reasons for Vedantu having a strong customer base is its expert tutors. The subject area expert is handpicked through a careful hiring process. Their tutors are experts at the designated subjects and proficient at communicating their knowledge to the students.
- Strong Base of Results: Their results are their unique selling point. They have a separate toggle on their website which conducts the feedback from their previous students in written and video format. More than 4 crore students are happy with their services.
- First Mover Advantage: Vedantu was the first institution to offer live online classes, a live teaching platform, and the 2-teacher model in 2014 and is credited with designing the category concept.
- Broader Curriculum: Today, Vedantu serves to teach courses to youth from 3 years old to 18 years old, as well as grooming for competitive exams such as IIT-JEE, NEET, Commerce, CBSE, ICSE, and state exams such as Maharashtra boards. It also offers extracurricular classes like English Speaking, Reading, and Coding.
- Frequent Innovation: Starting with the K12 segment in 2011 on the internet reaching towards launching mobile applications for all the segments. All is possible due to the fast pace of the development of innovation and Vedantu adopting those facilities at its best.
Wait a Minute. You might be thinking that what kind of development of innovation does Vedantu adopt? Well, the answer is, Vedantu transformed with changing digital marketing needs. Digital marketing up-gradation is very quick such as the latest WordPress themes & plugins, upgraded content strategy, SEO techniques, the latest ad designing etc. are all part of development in innovation which Vedantu followed.
If you want to learn these latest digital marketing skills then you can check out IIDE 13+ short term courses in digital marketing which are taught by industry experts. Choose one or two of your favourite areas and start upgrading yourself with the latest.
Weaknesses of Vedantu
- Employee Retention: Sustaining qualified tutors may also be a problem, especially if their proficiency is in a high-demand subject and competition for their services is fierce.
- Negative Reviews: There are always two sides to the coin. So, along with positive reviews, there are also negative reviews by many students and parents who are not satisfied with the service according to the fees charged.
- Cold Calling & Home Visits: Between 60 to 70 percent of Vedantu & Byju’s business model is dependent upon cold calling and home visits to sell their courses. If the lead is not converted into sales then it increases the expenses of efforts and reduces the morale of their employees to work.
- Parent’s Belief: In today’s era, still most parents believe, sending their children to coaching centres and tutors is more beneficial as compared to online learning. This reduces the probability of Vedantu capturing the market share.
Opportunities for Vedantu
- Increased Trend of Digital Learning: With the majority of people switching towards the trend of online learning. It has increased the chances for Vedantu to increase its market share.
- Tie-ups & Sponsorships: Tie-ups with knowledgeable programmes on television like KBC & Shark Tank India has increased the brand awareness of Vedantu.
- Pandemic: The education sector has been adversely affected due to pandemics. It has given a gigantic opportunity to Vedantu to grow its market as much as possible because people are now more dependent on the online education system.
- Launching of Professional Courses: Currently Vedantu is only providing classes for academic students and preparation for competitive exams like JEE and NEET. Further, it can offer online coaching in technical and professional courses, extracurricular activities, coding, etc.
- Expansion to Rural Areas: The majority of the rural areas are still not updated with the current educational trend. Vedantu has an opportunity to tap those areas to broaden its business.
- Collaboration with Schools: Vedantu can collaborate with schools to provide online home tutoring. Many academic institutions may have failed in funding to provide individual training to the students who need tutoring. This is where Vedantu can pinch their online tutoring services to cover this gap.
Threats to Vedantu
- Student Boredom: Vedantu courses are subjected to more e-reading rather than e-learning which makes students at Vedantu frequently get bored with online training. This requirement of participation and inspiration is one of the main reasons online courses by Vedantu have failed the expectation for some special cases of privilege.
- Hatred From Tutors: It is said that teachers who join Vedantu will completely lose their professional and personal life balance. Basic employment ethics are not followed at Vedantu which can lead to an increasing number of employees resigning from the job.
- Privacy of Data: As the Vedantu education system works online it can increase the chances of threats from hackers and affect the privacy of data.
- Competitors: Vedantu competitors like Byju’s, unacademy, toppr etc are grabbing the Indian education market very quickly. This is always a threat for Vedantu to sustain its position in the market.
- Recession in Economy: As we said, there are always two sides to the coin. If pandemic has worked as an opportunity for Vedantu then this is also the time of economic recession. People are not willing to afford the expenses of online classes along with sending their children to school.
This ends our extensive SWOT analysis of Vedantu. Let us conclude our learning below.
Vedantu is doing well in the online education sector. They just need to work on several weaknesses such as conducting strong marketing campaigns to create the belief of parents towards the benefits of online learning for their children. Improving online services such as communication with students and solving queries will also reduce the number of negative reviews from students and parents.
The threat is also the area where Vedantu needs to work such as start offering engaging content to students, improving employment ethics, installing network shields to prevent the hack of data.
In today’s digital era every company needs to have a great online presence and innovatively market its products and services just as Vedantu is doing. If you are someone who would like to learn interesting digital marketing skills, check out IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course and register today!
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Vedantu has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you like to read such insightful and extensive analyses of companies just like the SWOT analysis of Vedantu then you can find more such interesting case studies on our IIDE’s knowledge portal.
Thank you for taking your time out to read this, hope you found the case study on the SWOT analysis of Vedantu informative and insightful. Share your views on it in the comments section below.