Ducati is an Italian motorcycle brand that produces and sells high-end motorcycles. A brand is known for its elegant appearance, great styling, and superior performance all around the world. The Lamborghini group is owned by Volkswagen, and Ducati is part of that group. They are also racing bike masters who perform admirably.
In this case study, we’ll look at the SWOT analysis of Ducati as well as its competitors.
But first, let’s discover more about the company before diving into its SWOT Analysis.
Ducati is an Italian motorcycle brand that produces and sells high-end motorcycles. A brand is known for its elegant appearance, great styling, and superior performance all around the world. The Lamborghini group is owned by Volkswagen, and Ducati is part of that group.
Ducati is also known for a series of firsts in the motorcycle industry, as well as a long history of racing traditions. Ducati is currently available in over 60 countries and is regarded as the best high-performance motorbike brand of all time.
Let’s move on to the SWOT Analysis now that we’ve got a better understanding of the company’s background.
SWOT Analysis of Ducati
A SWOT analysis examines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that a firm faces. This is done to assess and comprehend the internal and external aspects that have an impact on the company’s current and future development. The SWOT analysis for Ducati is as follows:
Strengths are described as what every commercial enterprise does exceptionally in its gamut of operations that may deliver it a top give up its competitors. Ducati’s strengths are as follows:
- Desmo Owners Club: An institution of cycling lovers who are lovers of Borgo Panigale S motorcycles shaped this membership and these days it serves as the largest supplier of power for emblem Ducati. The bikers additionally assist in improving consumer engagement via a sequence of activities and deliberate avenue trips.
- Numerous racing victories: Ducati has received several titles in motor motorcycle racing including World Superbike Championship. Ducati has additionally been given 15 out of the ultimate 18 Riders’ titles and sixteen Manufacturers’ titles, the MotoGP championship, and the arena Riders and Manufacturers’ rankings.
- Market Leader: Ducati is a marketplace chief in a maximum of the markets it operates in markets like the USA, Italy, Spain, and Germany. Even in instances of stoop Ducati’s income has grown at an international average of 8 % according to an annual report from 2015 to 2016.
- Distinguishing capabilities: Ducati motorcycles have a listing of capabilities that truly delineates them from different manufacturers. Some of those capabilities consist of the Desmodromic valve management system, the metal tubular Trellis frame, the L-Twin engine, and the effective noise of the strongest unit. Each of those makes each Ducati a unique experience.
Weaknesses are used to consult regions wherein the commercial enterprise or the emblem desires improvement. Some of the important thing weaknesses of Ducati are:
- Overhauling of Products: Ducati had taken a strategic choice to overtake all of its designs with new engines for some fashions and a whole revamp of the Multistrada model. This proved to be a high-priced exercise for the enterprise and the returns from it are but to be seen.
- The excessive value of spares and uncooked materials: Ducati makes use of the maximum superior era in its bikes and this calls for using unique cloth and spares. The spare components of the motorcycles aren’t effortlessly to be had and that is regarded to create carrier delays.
- A sizable community of partners: Ducati has a massive community of partners, suppliers, and after-income carrier facilities and it turns into a mission to control this huge community of connections and synergy is likewise low in view that those are unfolded throughout the globe.
Opportunities talk to the one’s avenues withinside the surroundings that surround the commercial enterprise on which it can capitalize to grow its returns. Some of the possibilities consist of:
- The marketplace in rising economies: Earlier there has been much less to no income for bikes or luxurious motorcycles in rising economies. But these days there are plenty of cycling lovers withinside the rising economies who’re nicely privy to what they need and inclined to spend money on high-priced motorcycles. This is developing new segments for motor motorcycle manufacturers.
- Growing call for riding safety: Though two-wheelers are not unusual withinside the marketplace low strength motorcycles are given the impression to be rather much less secure than the powered ones. This could imply that there may be a shift in call for cheap bikes to superbikes like Ducati greater due to riding comfort and avenue safety.
- New technology: With greater towns seeking to be clever and technology just like the Internet of Things, interconnected devices, and independent cars There could be a call for modern car and riding alternatives and this will create new segments for car businesses.
Threats are the one element withinside the surroundings which may be negative to the increase of the commercial enterprise. Superbikes are frequently valued an awful lot as luxurious motors and in positive instances even greater. Thus clients may also favor making investments in a vehicle that is more secure and easier to use. Thus motorcycles face the hazard of substitution by luxurious vehicle manufacturers.
Competitive analysis of Ducati
Benelli, MotoGuzzi, and Harley-Davidson are among the biggest competitors for Ducati.
Benelli Motorcycles is a major competitor of Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. Benelli Motorcycles was established in null and is based in New York. In this field, Benelli Motorcycles competes. Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. has 1,460 fewer employees than Benelli Motorcycles.
Ducati Motor Holding S.p.main A’s competitor is Moto Guzzi. Moto Guzzi was formed in New York, New York in null. Moto Guzzi is a competitor in the motorcycle industry. Moto Guzzi’s revenue is $799.3 million less than Ducati Motor Holding S.p. A.
Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.’s opponent is Harley-Davidson. Harley-Davidson is a public firm based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that was formed in 1903. Harley-Davidson is a company that works in the Motorcycle Manufacturers sector. In comparison to Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A., Harley-Davidson has 3,009 more employees.
Finally, we may say that the Ducati is one of the most well-known names in the automobile industry. Ducati is already performing well, based on the SWOT analysis. With its existing customer base, its performance has been exceptional. They are also racing bike experts, and their performance is exceptional. The four-stroke engine and desmodromic valve are two traits that set Ducati distinct from the competition. Also, the fact that Ducati is a luxury brand for which customers are willing to pay more. Part of it is that Ducatis can be manufactured to a higher grade as a result of this.
Did you enjoy what we did? Do you want to know more about it? Case studies, blogs, and presentations can all be found on our blogs. You might also be interested in Karan Shah’s Free Digital Marketing Masterclass.
Please share, comment, and let us know if you enjoyed this blog!