In our last blog, we discussed and studied the SWOT analysis of Future Retail. Now let us have a look at the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg.
Bloomberg L.P. is a privately based company in New York. The company provides services in financial, data, software, and as well in media. Bloomberg L.P. delivers financial software tools and enterprise applications like analytics and equity trading platforms, data services, and news media/journalism to financial companies and organizations.
Bloomberg L.P. has many strategies which help them to develop their marketing strategies and if you are interested in learning such strategies then check out the IIDE Free Masterclasses on Digital Marketing which offers an understanding of digital marketing and much more, taught by the CEO and founder of IIDE Karan Shah with his team members.
To know more about Bloomberg in a detailed way like how it deals with its consistent growth and amazing performance let us go through the SWOT Analysis of Bloomberg, but before jumping into the SWOT Analysis of Bloomberg let’s know more about Bloomberg its working highlights, CSR, Data security & privacy etc.
(Michale Bloomberg – The Founder of Bloomberg)
Bloomberg was established in 1981 and the founder of the company is Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg includes services like wire services which are Bloomberg News, Global television network, Radio stations, Subscription, New letters, Magazines. The company helps you to make better and smart decisions and gives you accurate decisions regarding the financial market.
Bloomberg is the global leader in financial, news, media, and business insights. The dominant revenue earner for the corporation is its Bloomberg Terminal which gives detailed information about financial markets.
|No. of Employees
|US$ 10 Billion (2019)
|Net Income/ Profit
Products of Bloomberg
Bloomberg provides Financial, news, media, software services. These are some of their products.
- Bloomberg Professional Services
- Bloomberg News
- Bloomberg Radio
- Bloomberg Markets
- Bloomberg New Economy Forum
Competitors of Bloomberg
- Dow Jones
- S&P Global
- Thomson Reuters
- IHS Markit
SWOT Analysis of Bloomberg
SWOT Analysis of Bloomberg analyses the brand by its strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats. In the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg, the strength and weaknesses are the internal factors while opportunities and threats are the external factors.it sets a benchmark to improve it’s business & performance as compared to the competitors.
For a better understanding of the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg, refer to the infographics image below:
So let us go ahead and first have a glance at the strengths of Bloomberg from the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg.
Strengths of Bloomberg
One of the biggest parts of the company is its strengths and its ability to live and run the company in the entire world. Understanding and developing into a new market is one of the great strengths.
- Net Worth: Bloomberg L.P holds cash reserves worth its profit equal to $10 Billion. It has built its resources to leverage to build a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Sustainability: Bloomberg is highly supported by its ethical performance and sustainability by philanthropy projects, IT Strategy, Growth strategy, Organizational culture. The products and brand portfolio of Bloomberg L.P is enabling it to focus on various segments within the domestic market at an equivalent time.
- Development: The firm can innovate effectively with new software, new market offerings. It has a highly successful track record of launching new products in the market. It has tested various concepts in different markets and come up with successful organizational development solutions.
- Strong Product Portfolio: Over the years Bloomberg has invested in building a strong brand portfolio through its robust products in financial software tools and benefits administration solutions through data analytics services. This brand portfolio can be very useful if an organization wants to expand into new services.
- Highly Skilled Labor: With more than 20,000+ employees. Bloomberg has a highly skilled workforce through successful education and training programs. By investing enormous resources in the training and development of Bloomberg employees, they not only create highly qualified employees but also motivate them to achieve more.
Weakness of Bloomberg
Strategy is all about choices and weaknesses are areas where companies can improve through SWOT analysis and leverage their competitive advantage and strategic positioning.
- Customer Dissatisfaction: Bloomberg is vulnerable in the supply of data and communication performance in the mass media section. Even though the demand for products has not gone down, there is dissatisfaction among the customers of Bloomberg L.P.
- Struggles: Bloomberg lacks in providing and struggles to share its tangible evidence for its marketing efforts. They are struggling to restructure processes in light of developments in the field of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Track Records: The track record of Bloomberg is not that encouraging. There are environmental issues. There has been a negative consequence of data interpretations placing prominence on strong decision making.
- Lack of Critical Thinking: Bloomberg is suffering from a lack of critical thinking and critical talent especially in the field of technology and the digital market. This can reduce the growth and potential of Bloomberg in the international market.
Opportunities for Bloomberg
Opportunities are potential areas for companies to focus on to improve results, increase sales, and ultimately profit.
- Improvement: Bloomberg must improve themselves and focus on areas that will increase the digital market, customer purchase and post-purchase experience.
- Expansion: The US represents a highly attractive marketplace for Bloomberg LP due to its high level of development reflected within the reviewed political, economic and technological factors.
- Development of Artificial Intelligence: Bloomberg can use development in Artificial Intelligence and digital market development as it is now one of the most efficient ways to meet and understand the customer’s needs and wants.
- Development in Small Businesses: Bloomberg must consider starting developing standardised software products and services for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Threats of Bloomberg
Threats are environmental factors that can harm a company’s development. Here are some of Bloomberg’s threats:
- Economic Crises: As Bloomberg is also a financial firm it has to deal with and is particularly exposed to economic crises and turbulence. Bloomberg L.P has to deal with costs that governments are trying to levy higher environmental taxes to promote cleaner options.
- Threats of New Entrants: As Bloomberg can leverage the low cost of reaching customers using social media and e-commerce, because of reducing costs and increasing efficiencies, so can the competitors, both locally and internationally.
- Profitability: Bloomberg’s profitability is dependent upon the performance of its global services, which may face cultural and communication risks.
- Capitalism: Some stakeholders of Bloomberg must have a negative perception of capitalism and the firms involved in its well-being.
This ends our thorough SWOT analysis of Bloomberg. Let us conclude our learning below.
As we discussed in the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg, Bloomberg is a well-known company with its reach and dynamic approaches. In the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg, we observed that the company has its advantages and disadvantages.
While many business firms are already into the digital era trying to make a difference in their work to compete with rival teams. Digital marketing skills are surely one of the most important skills an individual must possess in today’s world. If you are someone who would like to learn interesting digital marketing skills, check out IIDE’s 3 Month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course and register today!
We hope this blog on the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg has given you a good insight into the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
If you like to read such insightful and extensive analyses of companies just like the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg then you can find more such interesting case studies on our IIDE’s knowledge portal.
Thank you for taking your time out to read this. Hope you found the case study on the SWOT analysis of Bloomberg informative and insightful. Share your views on it in the comments section below.