- 1 Beginners Guide: Facebook Pixel Code
- 1.0.1 1. Have a Facebook page:
- 1.0.2 2. Have the Facebook pixel code on your website:
- 1.0.3 3. Create and audience using the Facebook pixel:
- 1.0.4 4. Have an ad budget:
- 1.0.5 5. Quality Creatives:
- 1.0.6 6. Great copy:
- 1.0.7 Create an Audience using Facebook Pixel Code
- 1.0.8 Add Pixel to your Ads
- 1.0.9 Uses of Facebook Pixel Code
- 1.0.10 Conclusion:
Beginners Guide: Facebook Pixel Code
Before you opt for Facebook Pixel Code for Facebook Remarketing, it is really important to have certain prerequisites fulfilled.
5 things you need to know before you start Facebook Remarketing using Facebook Pixel Code.
1. Have a Facebook page:
Facebook page of the brand or product.
2. Have the Facebook pixel code on your website:
Facebook allows you to have pixel code for your website. Learn how to use Facebook Pixel Code here.
3. Create and audience using the Facebook pixel:
Select your target audience and be as specific as you can.
4. Have an ad budget:
Allocate an ad budget to remarket your customers. Learn more about ideal budgeting techniques.
5. Quality Creatives:
Increase your engagement techniques by creating attractive images. Know the creative lows of Facebook along with it.
6. Great copy:
You need to have an amazing caption to attract your customers in 5 seconds. Learn more how to do it.
These 6 prerequisites can assure you a great kick star towards Facebook Remarketing.
Well due to Facebook Remarketing everyone gets tracked on Facebook by some or the other brands. Digital Marketers use Facebook Pixel Code for enabling such a tracking feature in order to bring their customers back on the website.
So, let’s get started.
What is Facebook Pixel Code?
According to Facebook:
The Facebook pixel is a piece of code that you can place on your website to report conversions, build audiences and get rich insights about how people are using your website.
Basically, you can track your visitors until they return to your website.
That’s remarketing through Facebook Pixel Code.
A famous research work by Retargeter.com says:
For most websites, only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit.
Remarketing is a tool designed to help companies reach the 98% of users who don’t convert right away.
Hence, it is important to know the use of Facebook Pixel Code.
Mind you, it’s easy.
How to use Facebook Pixel Code?
You do not need to be tech-savvy for this. You can do it by yourself.
It’s really simple.
Procedure for Facebook Pixel Code is as follows:
- Go to Facebook Ads Manager | Pixels
- Click Create a Pixel
- Then Click Install Pixel Now or Email Pixel Code.
Add the code to your website pages before the ending tag in the page’s HTML:
According to Facebook.com, at this point, you shouldn’t change anything in the code, but verify that your unique pixel ID is showing in place of FB_PIXEL_ID. The code begins with a simple HTML comment and ends with a .
It is recommended to place the code in the page header, because by doing so it improves the quality of activity sent to Facebook.
Then, verify the Pixel.
Now verify whether your pixel works or no by following these steps:
- Get FB Pixel Helper.
- Open a page on your site where you added the pixel.
- Click the Pixel Helper icon in your browser’s toolbar
According to Facebook.com,
A dialog appears for Pixel Helper. If your new pixel works, you see the message pixel found. After about 15 minutes you can also verify the pixel’s data in Facebook Ads Manager.
When your pixel status is active and an Activity chart appears:
If the Status column for your pixel reads Unverified and the Activity chart is empty, review the steps above and contact your webmaster for help.
After creating your Facebook Pixel Code, it is necessary to determine your target audience.
Create an Audience using Facebook Pixel Code
Create an Audience using Facebook Pixel is an essential task because you need to target a specific set of customers in Remarketing. You can quickly learn ‘How to get Website Traffic using Facebook Pixel Code’ by using these quick steps:
For basic website visitors:
You can choose from the above mention list for the following number of days:
- All Website Traffic – 1 Day
- Website Traffic – 7 Days
- All Website Traffic – 30 Days
- Website Traffic – 90 Days
- Specific Website Traffic – 180 Days
The crucial aspect about Facebook is that it allows you to target visitors who visited your website 1 day ago to 6 months.
To understand how to use the detailed Facebook Audience Creation get the ultimate free guide on Custom Remarketing.
After creating your audience
Add Pixel to your Ads
After you add the pixel to your site, you’re ready to associate it with your new or existing Facebook Ad.
You can increase your website traffic by 4 times by utilising Facebook Remarketing Ad. To find out how to create ads, click here.
Then use it in your ads. To find out how to create ads, click here.
Uses of Facebook Pixel Code
You can also start using the pixel with other advertising products such as:
- Dynamic Product Ads – Track events on your website and optimise display of items from your product catalogue in Facebook Ads.
- Website Custom Audiences – Build targeted segments of your website visitors based on the pages they visit or the actions they take on your website for usage in your Facebook Ads.
- Conversion Tracking – Use Facebook pixel’s standard events or custom conversions to track the actions your visitors take that you care about for usage in conversion tracking and optimisation.
So, you have learnt a lot about Facebook Pixel Code. Learn more by reading our ultimate guide to Custom Remarketing.
Start planning your ad campaign.
Create attractive ads.
Attract customer’s attention.
Give discounts and offers.
Increase your sales by manifolds.