An MBA program in digital marketing can provide students with a comprehensive understanding of marketing principles and strategies, as well as how to apply them in a digital context. This can include topics such as data analysis, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and email marketing, among others.
In this blog, we will discuss MBA in Digital marketing in South Africa with a brief of several terms such as the eligibility criteria to join an MBA course, the application process, and career opportunities in South Africa.
Before we begin to see MBA in digital marketing in South Africa, we should first know the scope of MBA in digital marketing in South Africa.
Scope of MBA in digital marketing in South Africa
The scope of digital marketing in South Africa is significant, as the country has a large and rapidly growing internet user base. According to data from the World Bank, South Africa has an internet penetration rate of around 58% as of 2021, and this is expected to continue to increase in the coming years.
In South Africa, the e-commerce, retail, and tourist sectors are some of those that have a specific demand for experts in digital marketing. The need for skilled digital marketers is expected to increase as more companies in these and other domains shift their focus online.
The image below shows the digital marketing job demand in South Africa.
Now you may wish to know who is eligible and what is the procedure to join an MBA in digital marketing in South Africa.
Eligibility Criteria for an MBA in digital marketing in South Africa
- A bachelor’s degree: Most MBA programs in South Africa require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Work experience: Some MBA programs may require applicants to have a certain amount of work experience, although this requirement may vary depending on the program.
- GMAT or equivalent: Many MBA programs in South Africa require applicants to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or a similar exam as part of the application process.
- English language proficiency: Most MBA programs in South Africa require applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English, either through a standardized test like the TOEFL or through other means.
But, if you are nevertheless an undergraduate or need to kickstart your digital marketing adventure, I propose that you sign up for a path that facilitates you getting started with the fundamentals of digital marketing. Have a look at the IIDE 4-month online digital course.
How to apply for an MBA in digital marketing in South Africa
- First, you should select the college you’re willing to join.
- Get the application form from the college online or offline.
- Then you give the correct data to that application.
- If your application is checked once, they will conduct an entrance exam in case you have not taken any entrance test.
- Personal interviews and group discussions will be taken by the committee after you clear the entrance test.
- If you are selected you will get an offer letter from the institute.
Because you have read so far, I am sure that you are keenly interested in an MBA in digital marketing in South Africa. Therefore, to make your research simpler, Here is a list of the top five institutes that provide an MBA in digital marketing in South Africa.
Top 5 Institutes for MBA in Digital Marketing in South Africa
IIDE, which was founded in 2016, has grown to be one of India’s top institutions for digital marketing. IIDE offers customizable digital marketing courses to people from all walks of life and was awarded as the top digital marketing institute by the World Education Congress.
- 600+ Hours of learning
- 1 to-1 student Mentorship
- 13+ live projects
- 2 months Internship
- 100% Placements confident
- 28+ industry-relevant competencies
- 2 Specialisations available
- 0% EMI available
Course Syllabus :
IIDE’s MBA in digital marketing put up a graduation Programme that has a comprehensive syllabus on the way to impart the proper digital marketing abilities and applicable Managerial abilities to bag a job with India’s main brands and digital setups.
|Inbound Marketing||Introduction to digital marketing|
|Outbound Marketing||Content Marketing|
|Social Media Marketing & Management|
|Media Management & Automation||Advanced Forms of Digital Marketing|
|Integrated Marketing (Full Funnel Marketing)|
|Managerial Skills & Soft Skills||Soft Skills|
|Compulsory Internship & Thesis||Internship & Mentoring|
|Specializations||Creative Strategy OR|
|Capstone Project||Thesis-like Final Practical Project|
The trainers at IIDE have years of expertise in the actual industry, which is another USP of the organization. Since they have experience working for well-known companies like Asian Paints, Unilever, and others, they impart more than just the required curriculum. In this MBA in Digital Marketing – Post Graduate Program, you will receive one-on-one mentoring from the business professionals listed below.
Course Duration & Fees:
The 11-month, MBA-level Postgraduate Program in Digital Marketing offered by IIDE costs INR 4,67,797 + Taxes. Starting at INR 25,000 every month, you can also take advantage of the 0% EMI option. Despite the fact that the typical starting pay for graduates is INR 4-5 LPA, this may look to be costly, but the ROI is enormous.
All accepted candidates have access to scholarships from IIDE, with the potential to receive awards worth up to INR 80,000 based on merit.
Note: IIDE conducts weekday as well as weekend batches for their PG in Digital Marketing program.
IIDE offers 100% assured placements depending on your performance if you enroll in the MBA-level PG Program in Digital Marketing. Take a look at IIDE graduates who are employed by some of the most recognizable companies in the sector.
Here are some of the alumni from IIDE,
Phone No.- +91 96199 58615
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business
The oldest university in South Africa, the University of Cape Town, has a graduate school of business. The School’s programs include the Postgraduate Diploma in Management Practice, the Executive MBA, and the Masters in Business Administration, each of which focuses on a different level of management.
- International Exposure
- Personal leadership enhancement
- Unique managerial knowledge and tools for efficient management.
- They have partnerships with more than 70 corporations.
- Integrated reporting
- Management control systems
- Strategic brand building
- Social finance
- Lean thinking and operations excellence.
Course Duration & Fees:
The University of cape town graduate school of Business provides the course for a duration of 1 year, and the average fee for the course is INR14.96 L – 18.7 L.
Faculty of UCT GSB:
At the UCT GSB, 32 faculty members work full-time. Many hold prominent positions in the creation and execution of policies and are well regarded on the world stage as scholars, professors, or participants in national and regional concerns. All of them are hardworking, talented people who directly contribute to UCT GSB’s reputation for excellence.
According to the Financial Times (FT) rankings for 2022, the Executive MBA (EMBA) at the UCT GSB is tied for 19th place internationally for overall satisfaction with the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Phone No- +27 860 828 472
3. Gordon Institute of Business Science
The University of Pretoria is affiliated with the South African business school Gordon Institute of Business Science. It is situated close to the Sandton financial and commercial district in Illovo, Johannesburg. GIBS was established in 2000.
- A facility dedicated to raising the standard for local business education in accordance with world norms.
- A global partnership of over 130 corporations and academic institutions working to promote a more sustainable role for business in society.
- An international organization for management development was founded to hasten the improvement of management development in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Human resource strategy
- Financial and management accounting
- Operation management
- Environment of business
- Decision making
- Innovation and designing
- Strategic implementation
- Integrated simulation
Course Duration & Fees:
The course duration of an MBA at Gordon Institute of business science is two years and fees will be R285,450 ($18,500) for local students and R552,900 ($35,000) for international students.
Faculty in GIBS:
The faculty at GIBS is composed of experienced professors and industry experts who are dedicated to helping students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in today’s global business environment.
GIBS has a reputation for providing high-quality education and training to students from South Africa and around the world. The school is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), two of the most prestigious accreditations in the field of business education.
4. Stellenbosch university graduate school of Business
14 MBA candidates were enrolled when the University of Stellenbosch Business School was established in 1964. Four years later, the first MBA was granted. The department moved from Stellenbosch to the Bellville Park Campus five years after the current location in Bellville, northern Cape Town, was bought in 1981. More programs have been established over the years, including an MPhil in Development Finance in 2003.
Following were programs in project management, futures studies, leadership, and management coaching. The business school at Stellenbosch University made history by becoming the first institution from an African university to receive Triple Accreditation from EQUIS, AMBA, and AACSB (first accredited in 2012).
- High reputed college
- International Exposure
- Faculty of business professionals
- Running a small business academy
- Industry knowledge
- Accounting for decision making
- Digital enterprise management
- Corporate finance
- Business in society
- Human capital management
- Integrated case studies
- International study module
- Operational excellence
- leadership development
The primary responsibility of the full-time faculty at Stellenbosch Business School is to support student learning and research while also conducting their own research to further the institution’s body of knowledge. Research enables Stellenbosch Business School to maintain the programs’ relevance and maintain its status as a top institution in the world of business schools.
Course Duration and Fees:
They provide an MBA course in 3 different models and fees also vary-
12-month MBA course with tuition fees of 352,420 zar and for local students 319,970 zar, a 24-month MBA MODULAR course has fees for international students 382,870 zar and 319,970 zar for local students, and 24 months BLENDED MBA fees for international students 382,870 zar and 319,970 zar for Africans.
To help you achieve your career goals, USB offers a range of career services and resources, including resume and cover letter writing assistance, job search assistance, and career fairs and networking events. The school’s career development team can also help you to identify potential job openings and connect you with alumni and other industry professionals.
5. University of Johannesburg Graduate School of Business Leadership
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) was established in 2005 through the merger of several institutions, including the Rand Afrikaans University (RAU), the Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR), and the Soweto and East Rand campuses of Vista University. The Graduate School of Business Leadership (GSB) at UJ was formed through the integration of the business schools at RAU and TWR.
- Expertise in digital marketing
- Practical experience
- networking opportunities
- Experienced faculties
- Reputed college in South Africa
- Accounting and financial management
- Advanced digital marketing
- Data Analytics
- Advanced cybersecurity for business
- Advanced AI, robotics for business
- Blockchain applications for business
- Economics and international business
- Entrepreneurship and business startup
- Consumer intelligence
- Operational and supply chain management
- Virtual reality in a business world
Course Duration & Fees:
MBA online takes two years with fees amounting to R194,150 and an MBA in hybrid takes 1 year and consists of fees amounting to R215,000.
- All the faculty were industry experienced
- Full-time faculty, visiting faculty, and industry experts
- From different domains
The University of Johannesburg Graduate School of Business Leadership (UJ GSB) may offer career services and support for MBA students, including assistance with finding job placements after graduation. This support may include resume and cover letter writing assistance, job search strategies, and access to job databases and career fairs.
Phone No- 011 559 7600
Careers opportunities after MBA in Digital marketing in South Africa
There are many career opportunities available for MBA graduates with a specialization in digital marketing in South Africa in 2023. Some potential job roles for MBA graduates with this specialization might include:
- Digital marketing manager: Digital marketing managers are responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing strategies for a company. They may be responsible for overseeing campaigns across multiple channels, such as social media, email, and paid advertising.
- E-commerce manager: E-commerce managers oversee online sales and operations for a company. They may be responsible for managing the online store, processing orders and payments, and handling customer service.
- Social media manager: Social media managers are responsible for creating and implementing social media strategies for a company. They may be responsible for managing social media accounts, creating content, and engaging with followers.
- Digital marketing consultant: Digital marketing consultants provide expertise and guidance to companies looking to improve their digital marketing efforts. They may work with clients to develop marketing plans, conduct market research, and analyze data to inform strategy.
- Data analyst: Data analysts use data analytics tools and techniques to analyze customer behavior and business performance. They may work with companies to optimize marketing campaigns, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
Hence, there are many career opportunities available for MBA in digital marketing in South Africa in 2023. The specific roles and responsibilities of these jobs may vary depending on the company and industry, but MBA graduates with this specialization will be well-prepared to succeed in a variety of digital marketing careers.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for MBA in Digital Marketing in South Africa?
Ans: Eligibility criteria for MBA are, you must complete any graduation and carry an amount of work experience and you should pass the entrance exam conducted by a particular institute.
Q. Which is the best course for MBA in Digital Marketing in South Africa?
Ans: By reviewing and researching, IIDE provides MBA with digital marketing-oriented courses by industry experts. and the course length will be 11 months and 2-month internships compulsory.
Q. What is an MBA in Digital Marketing specialization?
Ans: After completing your foundational coursework in an MBA in Digital Marketing, you can decide to concentrate on a specific area of interest For example IIDE in India provides two different specializations 11 months MBA level PG program in Digital marketing as Creative strategy and performance marketing.
Q. What is the MBA in Digital Marketing salary in South Africa?
Ans: The salary for an MBA in Digital Marketing in South Africa can vary greatly depending on factors such as the individual’s experience, skills, and the company they work for. According to data from PayScale, the average salary for an MBA in Digital Marketing in South Africa is approximately ZAR 506,000 per year. However, this can range from ZAR 207,000 to ZAR 1,241,000 per year. It is important to note that this is just an average and actual salaries may vary greatly.
Learning MBA in Digital Marketing is fortunate because Digital marketing is a course that gives you the core business ethics of today’s world. And felt happy that this blog will give more unknown facts about Digital marketing.
Even if you feel any doubt, Feel free to contact our academic counselor at email@example.com or +91 9619958615 for free counseling in Digital marketing.