We previously looked at the SWOT Analysis of Accenture, one of the world’s major consulting firms. This time, we’ll take a closer look at the SWOT Analysis of Deloitte.
Deloitte is a global professional services network with operations in over 150 countries. The company is a member of the Big Four accounting firms and has the world’s biggest professional services network.
Deloitte’s marketing initiatives are another factor that has helped it grow into the powerhouse it is today. Marketing is evolving as the world moves online, and if you want to stay up to date, check out our Free MasterClass on Digital Marketing 101 taught by Karan Shah, the CEO and Founder of IIDE.
Do you want to know how Deloitte was able to achieve such success in the automobile industry? Before we dive into the SWOT Analysis of Deloitte and understand the company’s success, let’s take a look at the company, its history, services, financial state, and rivals.
Deloitte, also known as Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited, is a professional financial auditing and service company that was established in the year 1845 in London, UK. Deloitte is also running in many other countries around the world mainly in India, China, Hong Kong. Deloitte provides worldwide services with the help of its members and employees. It is a trusted brand in which many enthusiastic professionals work together in independent firms throughout the world to provide their different services to its clients.
For Deloitte, good is not good enough. Their goal is to be the best at all that they do—to help customers know their ambitions, to make a positive difference in society, and to maximize the success and growth of their people. This drive accomplishes the commitment and humanity that run deep through their every action.
Deloitte acquired rank 7th on the 2021 LinkedIn Top Companies list in the US as the best place for professionals to grow and improve their careers and develop skills. Deloitte in India has kept its 3rd rank in the Business category, for the second year in a row. It has also reached 37th rank in the Engineering category.
|Founder||William Welch Deloitte|
|Origin||London, England, UK|
|No. of Employees||334,800|
|Annual Revenue||$50.2 Billion (2021)|
Services by Deloitte
Deloitte has been successfully rising selling –
- Management consulting
- Financial advisory
- Risk advisory
Competitors of Deloitte
Deloitte’s top 5 major competitors are as follows –
- Ernst & Young
- Publicis Groupe
So now you have understood about Deloitte, it’s time to look at the SWOT Analysis of Deloitte!
SWOT Analysis of Deloitte
1. Strengths of Deloitte
The strengths of a company are the distinctive qualities that provide it with an edge in acquiring greater market share, attracting more customers, and maximising profitability. Deloitte’s strengths are as follows –
- Serve Better to Its Customer through Technology Initiatives – Deloitte approaches its clients through IT-enabled Services. Which allows them to serve better to their customers.
- Wide Range of Services – Deloitte provides different forms of services. They are in different fields like accounting, management consultancy, tax, financial consultancy, risk advice, and legal. It is the best advisory and consulting firm.
- Global Presence – Deloitte is present in approx 100 countries throughout the world and is recognized for its services of world-class quality. With various expert clients, it has a wide global presence.
- Sponsorship – Deloitte brand has an exclusive sponsorship deal with different events throughout the world. By doing so they are gaining more market clarity. Since 2009, it has served as a predominant sponsor of the United States Olympic Committee.
- Customer-Focused Approach – Deloitte has a Customer focused approach. It has loyalty programs for its clients. Clients are loyal because of its customer-focused approach. It has a good environment for employees and a shift in culture that is guided by the management.
- Broad Enterprise Innovation – Deloitte’s influence focuses on the innovation and absorption of Microsoft Dynamics. It has an online campaign that contributes to the same.
- Awards and Recognition – Deloitte has won many distinctions and honors. It was ranked among the best companies to work for during the year 2019 by Fortune magazine. Deloitte has been called continuously by the name ” Bloomberg Business” as the best place to start a career.
- Huge Area of Expertise – Deloitte offers different types of services like they are in the field of Management, Audit, Tax, Financial Advisory, and many more. Deloitte offers these services to around 2,86,200+ professionals throughout the world. Deloitte is the best in consulting and advisory.
2. Weaknesses of Deloitte
Weaknesses are elements of a company or brand that may be strengthened. The following are Deloitte’s significant flaws –
- Intense Rivalry – Deloitte has many competitors and that’s why it has limited growth in market share.
- Disputes – Deloitte has had multiple lawsuits and legal disputes that have smashed Deloitte’s brand image. This is an immense weakness for the firm.
- Controversies – The tobacco industry charter Deloitte to revise a study on illegal tobacco in the year 2011.
- Litigation and Regulatory Action – Deloitte got into the lawsuit and had to settle it with charges to Delphi Communications, Canadian Bar Association, Li vent, and Standard Chartered.
- Email Hack – Deloitte faced a cyber assault in 2017, which has disrupted customers’ confidentiality. Which became the great weak point for Deloitte.
3. Opportunities for Deloitte
Opportunities are areas where a firm may focus to enhance outcomes, expanding sales, and, ultimately, profit.
- Experience in financing and auditing – Deloitte has technology in financial and auditing experience, which may be of benefit to global financial services.
- Mid-Market Businesses – Deloitte has numerous products and services that support many customers and that’s the reason it will reach mid-market businesses. This will provide the company with a lot of opportunities.
- Small Firm Acquisition – Deloitte could further expand its business by acquiring a small company. Which will provide the company more chances to expand.
- Stable free cash flow offers incentives for investment in related segments of services – The company can invest not only in research and development but also can invest in new divisions of product lines with more bank balance. This should open a huge opportunity in many other business segments for Deloitte.
- The declining growth rate in the Industry – After so many years of diminishing growth rate in the industry, economic uplifting, and increase in customer spending are an opportunity for Deloitte to increase its profitability and market share.
- The competitive advantages of a company may be a success in a similar field of other services – New client’s behavior patterns will open up a new Deloitte business. It offers the organization an enormous opportunity to invent new revenue streams and also to modify them into new product categories.
4. Threats to Deloitte
Environmental variables that might damage a company’s growth are known as threats. Deloitte faces the following threats –
- Government Policies – Government Policies are the major factors that affect the business of a company like Deloitte.
- Strong Competitors – There are lots of competitors in the market. When there is already competition from established players in the industry, then ultimately it will continue to diminish Deloitte’s market share.
- Currency fluctuation – Where currency fluctuation happens, international projects appear to be hitting. Which is a serious challenge to the business.
- Knowledge centers – This can have a counter effect on consulting firms’ business when firms constitute their in-house knowledge centers.
A SWOT Analysis is a useful technique for big corporations like Deloitte to break down their complicated operations into simple to comprehend management risks and benefits.
Deloitte is a recognized leader of top talent and has many strengths, however, it face a few fallbacks. It faces a lot of lawsuits which diminishes its brand name, customer trust/loyalty. Though, to recuperate from the negatives, they should increase their market shares.
Deloitte’s Strategy policy helps the most prestigious establishments around the world generate measurable outcomes by opting for great choices on their most important strategic issues. They mainly focus on development, flexibility, and well-being, and on the basis of that, they hire people who are among the best and brightest in the business.
Completing Certified Courses may provide you with the possibility to work with prominent businesses such as Deloitte by providing you with a precise understanding of the strategies and functions of Digital Marketing. Check out IIDE’s short-term certification courses, which include courses in Social Media Marketing, Media Planning, Search Engine Optimization, and more, and can be completed in as little as 5 days.
If you enjoy in-depth company research, check out our IIDE Knowledge portal for more fascinating case studies. Thank you for reading this case study on the SWOT Analysis of Deloitte, and please leave your views in the comments area below.