IIDE Super Session Topic
Sonic Branding & it’s Growing Importance in Marketing and Advertising.
- Super-Session with Akhilesh Ramachandran on Sonic Branding and it’s Growing Importance in Marketing and
- Sonic branding primarily means the sound that a brand associates with itself and makes it a part of their
identity. It is the sound of logo
- Brands started using jingles and music in the 1900s to make themselves stand apart in the market and have a
better recall value. Gradually, other companies also started picking up on the trend and Coca-Cola’s jingle “”I’d
like to buy the World a Coke”” became a global hit in 1971. Other major companies like Microsoft also realised the
importance of sonic branding and they came up with their famous booting up sound with Windows95
- Nokia’s classic ringtone, McDonald’s with “”I’m loving it”” and Intel Inside are just some of the other examples
that leveraged the use of audio with their brand which helped them create a valuable brand image in the market
- We also watched the Netflix logo animation with and without the “”thudum”” and noticed the world of a difference
that one small sound makes. Soundscapes in today’s world are extremely important because the average attention
span of humans is 8 seconds, which is why that simple sound helps to create a better recall value in the minds of
Start your online digital marketing training with industry experts.
Other SuperSession Speakers
Every Saturday IIDE hosts live super sessions with CMO’s of top companies and heavyweights of the advertising industry.